TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ordering the GT500KR

rheller

I foresee an awkward scenario coming up for the KR. Those of us at the front of the line for an '08 GT500 may hold out for the KR only to discover that our dealership is not one of the lucky few to access one of these cars. That could mean losing a spot in line for the standard GT500 and coming up empty handed.

Hmm...as they say "a bird in hand." I hope this scenario will soon be clarified.

I foresee an awkward scenario coming up for the KR. Those of us at the front of the line for an '08 GT500 may hold out for the KR only to discover that our dealership is not one of the lucky few to access one of these cars. That could mean losing a spot in line for the standard GT500 and coming up empty handed.

Hmm...as they say "a bird in hand." I hope this scenario will soon be clarified.

There are only going to be 500 of these and how many dealers are there? These are going to be like Google shares when they first came out. Even if the dealer is willing to sell it and not use it as a showroom draw, you better be willing to pay more than $100K I bet. IMHO! :blink:

BTW: I really doubt any dealer with an allocation is going to sit on it waiting for someone to come in and "order" it. They will order it and you'll have to buy what they have on the lot. There may be a few lucky ones that get to one of the 500 dealers before the allocation, but I wouldn't count on it! :(

There are only going to be 500 of these....

Correction...I get my limited number mixed up when to many Shelby's are announced the same week! ;)

BTW: Read below from BlueOval news:

Shelby said, “We haven’t even established numbers, somebody said 1,000, I haven’t signed off on that.” Shelby President, Amy Boylan added, “That’s exactly right.” | interview here |

Shelby and Boylan’s statements could possibly mean that Shelby Autos will build more than the 1,000 GT500KRs like everyone has been reporting. Aside from the upcoming 2008 model, the only other year that a GT500KR was offered for sale was back in 1968. In that year, they only built a handful – 1,251 in fact. Maybe they'll end up building 1,251 KRs in 2008 too?

One question that’s on every fan, collector and competitor minds is how much the new King of the Road will cost? According to Amy Boylan, MSRP has yet to be determined. A few things are certain though: The KRs will be snapped up as fast as Mega Millions lottery tickets on drawing day, which means they will go for well over MSRP - whatever that figure turns out to be.

For Ford though, the KR continues to validate that the Shelby brand is still highly coveted amongst new and old enthusiasts alike. Further, by limiting production, the demand for Shelby vehicles will remain high as will their value over the years.

Limiting production has always been a hallmark of Shelby Automobiles, as it has been with other specialty makes, like BMW. It’s part of what makes a Shelby a Shelby.

There are only going to be 500 of these and how many dealers are there? These are going to be like Google shares when they first came out. Even if the dealer is willing to sell it and not use it as a showroom draw, you better be willing to pay more than $100K I bet. IMHO! :blink:

BTW: I really doubt any dealer with an allocation is going to sit on it waiting for someone to come in and "order" it. They will order it and you'll have to buy what they have on the lot. There may be a few lucky ones that get to one of the 500 dealers before the allocation, but I wouldn't count on it! :(

Matt, Check out this interview. I think Mr. Shelby has other idea's.

Shelby & Amy interview

I'm not sure honestly if his tone is there will be "more" or that it will be "less"! Either way its going to be out of my price range. :(

I agree, I was lucky to be able to purchase an 07 GT500 when I did. I think the price of a 08 GT500 will be higher and the GG tax will not be $1300 like I paid. I assuming the KR will be close to $100k after ADM. I love my 07 and it will be with me for a long time to come because its just not an investment to me.

I read on one of the forums that the ordering bank for the 2008 Mustangs opens April 16th. I visited my dealership yesterday to confirm. The sales manager attempted to access information confirming the date and was unsuccessful. Can anyone shed light on this? Thanks.

Archived