TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dealer drilled my bumper!

SWEDESHELBY1

Oh my God! I specifically 100% told my dealer "do not drill holes in my bumper to put your advertisment plates on it as it will show when I show my car"!!!! He said oh I will not let them do it, but he did! Now there are big holes in the bumper with the strips drilled all the way through and i am supposed to take delivery tomorrow, what should i do? The new stripe kit for a Shelby GT cost 1400.00 and there cost is 890.00 he said he would give me a $100 bucks!

Please give me a hint on what to do i am totally disappointed!

Oh my God! I specifically 100% told my dealer "do not drill holes in my bumper to put your advertisment plates on it as it will show when I show my car"!!!! He said oh I will not let them do it, but he did! Now there are big holes in the bumper with the strips drilled all the way through and i am supposed to take delivery tomorrow, what should i do? The new stripe kit for a Shelby GT cost 1400.00 and there cost is 890.00 he said he would give me a $100 bucks!

Small claims!

Small claims!

Thanks Matt. I am wacked out about this, I mean it wrecked the look, damaged the bumper, paint and stripes completely. I think I am better off by not taking delivery and just asking for my money back, unless they commit on paper to repairing the car back to Shelby spec's. Then I would have to disclose this to any buyer I sell it too in the future. <bleep> it what a quandry.

Thanks Matt. I am wacked out about this, I mean it wrecked the look, damaged the bumper, paint and stripes completely. I think I am better off by not taking delivery and just asking for my money back, unless they commit on paper to repairing the car back to Shelby spec's. Then I would have to disclose this to any buyer I sell it too in the future. <bleep> it what a quandry.

Swedes...

I feel for you. As hard as it would be, I would have to ask for my $ back if the dealer did not come through. Some may think this is drastic, but not for this circle of enthusiast. This is not a Kia. Unless you paid an ADM, your dealer will probably be very hard to work with. So be it. Keep shaking the tree and you will find what you are looking for!

HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That just brought tears to my eyes!!!!! :o Tell you what I can do. Have the dearler REPLACE the front fascia for free, and I will send YOU the front fascia stripes for FREE. I can't send a whole kit, but I can at least help out with the front fascia stripe. That will save you and the dealer at least $80.00 Just let me know and I'm there for you!!!! You can PM me here or send me an email at Budm@shelbyautos.com I am so sorry that happened!!!!!!

Bud

They could just remove the stripes of the front fascia, swap it with another California Special front fascia and put that on another vehicle they want to ruin. :rolleyes: It only takes about 10 minutes to remove and install the fascia. It's really not that hard. As for a disclaimer, I don't think you would need to do that. You reaaly couldn't tell. If it were major body damage, then yes. But to swap the front fascia, it wouldn't be worth your time to do. Plus, nobody could tell anyway. I hope that some of these options help you out. I would wait and see what they tell you before you go and decide not to purchase the car. You may be missing out on one of the coolest cars on the road. They are a BLAST to drive!!!!!!!!

Bud

HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That just brought tears to my eyes!!!!! :o Tell you what I can do. Have the dearler REPLACE the front fascia for free, and I will send YOU the front fascia stripes for FREE. I can't send a whole kit, but I can at least help out with the front fascia stripe. That will save you and the dealer at least $80.00 Just let me know and I'm there for you!!!! You can PM me here or send me an email at Budm@shelbyautos.com I am so sorry that happened!!!!!!

Bud

VERY cool gesture Bud!

:)

Geeezzz! Best advice, if you can is to do what I did. My black SGT arrived at dealer with 7 miles on it and was driven off the truck and onto the showroom floor. I arrived and then watched it driven to the service bay for the first service which is simply to remove the protective plastic/ stickers, screw on the antenna, check all fluid levels and drill for the plates. I told them to only drill the top two on the rear (there are four dimples) and leave the rest alone. They wanted to wash it (it was dusty) and I said no. I did not want a lot boy to rub Nevada sand dust into the paint. I then drove it to the gas station for its fillup. Whole affair took fifteen minutes.

Do you live in a 2 plate state? Here in NY it's a 2 plate state. We always ask our mustang customers if they want to put the front plate on before we drill the holes. Of course we advise them that if they don't put the plate on the cops can pull them over and give them a ticket. Just my 2 cents. By the way, if you are in a 2 plate state there should have been a front plate bracket included. It only comes w/ Shelby GT's and CA Specials, not reg GT's and 6cyl. Go Figure!

Plan A: swap a CA Special facsia of the same color along w/ Bud's stripes.

Plan B: Easy more likely fix: Remove the stripes, fill the holes. The urethane is repairable. Sand smooth and put Buds stripes on. No paint required if you can keep everything inside the stripes.

What you do not want is a new facsia that they paint. I have yet to see anyone get paint to stick to one like the factory does!

I picked my Shelby up at the dealership on Friday, April 6th. After reading these blogs about dealer installed plate brackets and drilling into bumpers now I'm somewhat depressed because the dealership I bought my Shelby from did the same thing. Drilled by front bumper to put on the curved plate bracket holder.

I live in Illinois which is a two plate state. Never really thought anything about this issue until I read these blogs. As far as the advertisement plate frame from the dealership, I threw it in the trash. I don't need to advertise for anybody other than Shelby. :(

I got my money back and ended up being very lucky and bought another one from another dealer in town. I can not thank Bud and SAI for the help they offered on the damaged car I was going to buy, this company, SAI, is as awesome as the car itself.

Thank you all for your help and encouragement.

Archived