TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I get to be first!

Any chance that posting order will be used to determine build numbers? :D

Thanks for making this happen Amy!

Scot

Sounds good to me; does that mean that I get to be second?

If only 1,000 are being produced, what does that mean for the "regular" GT500? Will these KRs be GT500s tweaked by Shelby (similar to the 2007 Shelby GT) and in addition to Ford's own separate GT500 program, or will this be all that there is for 2008 (seems like a very low number...).

Can't wait.

The GT500KRs are going to be built in the same manner as the Shelby GT. The 1000 KRs will be part of the 8000 or whatever GT500s.

I went ahead and sent a $500 deposit to the Shelby dealer ,(as per his request), but I'm still not for sure how it's going to work. Will some be down in Las Vegas and the others at Shelby dealers? From what I read on the conversion I do not think the 40 year dash plate is numbered, but I could be wrong.

Most Powerful Production Mustangs: With 540 hp, the 2008 Ford Shelby GT500KR (King of the Road) will be the most powerful production Mustang ever when it goes on sale in early 2008. The four most powerful Mustangs for the street are 2) 2007 Ford Shelby GT500 – 5.4-liter supercharged V-8, 500 hp; 3) 2003 Ford SVT Mustang Cobra – 4.6-liter supercharged V-8, 390 hp; 4) 2000 Ford SVT Mustang Cobra R – 5.4-liter V-8, 385 hp; and 5) 1969-70 Ford Mustang Boss 420 – 429 cubic inch V-8, 375 hp.

So today we have the 2008 GT500KR, a car Ford and Shelby have created to celebrate 40 years since building that original KR, and based on the GT500 first shown in Detroit in 2006.

This fastback (there will not be a convertible) looks the part: Out front is a massive hood with functional air scoops that tell you something serious is going on underneath; add lowered side sills, a deep front spoiler, a massive grille, rear deck spoiler, and huge snake emblems everywhere you look, and it’s hard not to stare. As these photos attest, it’s a serious road machine.

Under that carbon-fiber hood (a first for the Ford Special Vehicle Team) sits a 5.4-liter supercharged V8 that produces 540 hp and 510 lb-ft of torque, thanks to revised ignition and throttle calibration, and a cold-air intake system. Power is delivered to the rear wheels through a Tremec TR6060 six-speed manual transmission and 3.73:1 rear end, compared to the standard GT500’s 3.31:1. According to those who have spent time behind the test mule’s wheel, this change in the rear-end ratio—as well as to the engine’s throttle mapping—now makes mid-range power “edgier” than what drivers have come to expect. On that we will have to wait to see for ourselves. Inside, the driver will find a Ford Racing short-throw shifter that delivers 25 percent shorter throws than with the GT500 for crisper, sharper shifts.

The KR gets slightly stiffer springs and dampers, thicker antiroll bars, and a stiffened strut tower brace.

Recently appointed SVT boss Hermann Salenbauch says 1000 GT500KRs will be built starting in spring 2008, with Shelby Automobiles Inc. in Las Vegas doing final assembly. That’s not nearly enough cars for every Ford dealer to get one. And as of today Ford doesn’t know yet how those cars will be allocated. “We’ve done lotteries in the past,” Salenbauch says, “and we’ve done [allocation] based on Mustang sales. We’ll figure it out.”

Still, a collector is sure to want to figure out how to get his hands on one of these select Kings of the Road, because it’s sure to be one mean ride.

randy

great post randy.........now when can you get me my shelby gt500? I live about 100 miles north of ya.. I want mine orange with tungsten stripes, and i would like to pay msrp.....

We will be getting one..... As long as nothing changes about the way FMC doles out the specialty cars.

I am looking for $100k for it.......

10,000 deposit and its yours to your spec.

J

I didn't see any smiley's so I assume you are serious. Do you know what msrp is yet? What makes you CERTAIN that you are getting one? Presidents award, volume, etc or are you speculating regarding allocation. I am not criticizing you, just curious about price and allocation.

Mark

I didn't see any smiley's so I assume you are serious. Do you know what msrp is yet? What makes you CERTAIN that you are getting one? Presidents award, volume, etc or are you speculating regarding allocation. I am not criticizing you, just curious about price and allocation.

Mark

ASSUMING MSRP OF ABOUT $55000 OR SO

Its part speculation and part reality. The rule of thumb is that current presidents award winners always get the first of everything.

Examples: In 2005 we got the first of 4 Ford GT's our first one was #188.

In 2006 we were offered 5 GT500's

So far this year we have been offered 3 SGT's

etc.etc.etc

Now I may be completely off base with this but FMC has been following this allocation rule for a long time and there is no reason that it should change now.

With that being said I was very serious about the $100,000 price tag on the GT500KR.

Our first GT sold for $275,000 (one of 3000)

Our first GT500 sold for $75,000 (one of ???)

So if you want it let me know.

Jason P Fachner

Tower Ford Inc

516-466-6400

The KR500 will start out as a Shelby GT500, then it will be sent to SAI in Vegas for KR Pkg. The 40th Aniv Pkg for the 07 GT500's is $11,250 AND THAT DOES NOT INCLUDE a Carbon Fiber Hood (that the KR gets).

My best GUESS is that the KR Pkg will be HIGHER. Making MSRP MORE than $55,000 (closer to $60,000)

I have 14 Shelby GT500's SOLD, (including 2 with the 40th Aniv Pkg Added).

But I have no clue if I get a shot at one. But if I get 1, it is Long Gone.

randy

great post randy.........now when can you get me my shelby gt500? I live about 100 miles north of ya.. I want mine orange with tungsten stripes, and i would like to pay msrp.....

hotwheels,

I wish I could sell you one at MSRP. All my cars that I received through the Dealer (5) are SOLD.

I have gone out and bought 9 cars from other dealers for $8-13 K over MSRP. 8 of those are gone. I have 1 coupe, white w/blue strips left. Available at $59060.00 (skr 1000, sirius, Prem Int)

BUT I will start looking for an Orange w/tung for you. Drop me a E-mail with your contact info. rwilson@cheaperfords.com

thanks randy 303 584-6623

Thanks for the reply...........email sent.

For all those Ford dealers that are selling their allocated GT500's for over MSRP you will be remembered.

Our local Chrysler dealer did the same thing when the 300's first came out, and pissed a lot of people off, and they went to other dealers that only charged MSRP. I may pay over MSRP on my 2008 GT500, ( I hope not!), but if I do I will never purchase another car from that dealer. So make the money while you can, because some of us will never purchase another car from you.!!!

For all those Ford dealers that are selling their allocated GT500's for over MSRP you will be remembered.

Our local Chrysler dealer did the same thing when the 300's first came out, and pissed a lot of people off, and they went to other dealers that only charged MSRP. I may pay over MSRP on my 2008 GT500, ( I hope not!), but if I do I will never purchase another car from that dealer. So make the money while you can, because some of us will never purchase another car from you.!!!

dgron56,

SORRY YOU FEEL THAT WAY.

I have Life Long Loyal Customers that call me for 10-20 Commercial Trucks each year. They buy at INVOICE.

Then I get a call, and they ask if I have a GT500. ALL mine are SOLD. WHAT DO I DO???? SORRY mister GREAT CUSTOMER, I don't have one.

Oh wait, let me call every Dealer in the country and see if I CAN FIND YOU ONE.

GREAT NEWS!! I found 1 for you. The dealer will sell it to me....BUT.... I have to pay $15K over MSRP.....would you like it? If so I will have it transported to you, and I need to make a small profit. Will $ 17K over work for you??

NO..............OK I will keep looking........... YES................Thank you for your Business I will get it coming.

That is the way my day goes most of the time....

2 of my GREAT CUSTOMERS, have already called letting me know that if I get a GT500KR they WANT IT.

So now I have to try and find 1 or 2 of these. Guess what, They just helped to RAISE the asking Price, of the one that I have to go out and buy...........................supply & demand.............

randy

dgron56,

SORRY YOU FEEL THAT WAY.

I have Life Long Loyal Customers that call me for 10-20 Commercial Trucks each year. They buy at INVOICE.

Then I get a call, and they ask if I have a GT500. ALL mine are SOLD. WHAT DO I DO???? SORRY mister GREAT CUSTOMER, I don't have one.

Oh wait, let me call every Dealer in the country and see if I CAN FIND YOU ONE.

GREAT NEWS!! I found 1 for you. The dealer will sell it to me....BUT.... I have to pay $15K over MSRP.....would you like it? If so I will have it transported to you, and I need to make a small profit. Will $ 17K over work for you??

NO..............OK I will keep looking........... YES................Thank you for your Business I will get it coming.

That is the way my day goes most of the time....

2 of my GREAT CUSTOMERS, have already called letting me know that if I get a GT500KR they WANT IT.

So now I have to try and find 1 or 2 of these. Guess what, They just helped to RAISE the asking Price, of the one that I have to go out and buy...........................supply & demand.............

randy

Like I said allocated, buying from other dealers is different.

My biggest fear about paying over msrp for any car is that fact that they are still being built. 10,000, 9,000, 5,000 a year, what ever the number is doesn't matter. You will end up seeing them (gt500's), everwhere, just like the mach 1's.

The kr's may end up being rare at 1,000 car's, but i have an article that says that shelby never said that..........so who know's how many will be built at this point. 50k over msrp, that is freakin crazy........I can't believe tower ford is still in business with deals like that. Must have customer's in that area that have more money then they know what to do with, and 50k is just a drop in the bucket.

Honestly if i was carroll shelby and ford, i would put an end to this madness. I would set down guideline's on vehicle prices....i can see adding a couple grand to a sticker price, and then haggle with the potential customer so he doesn't feel as bad about the rape he just went through to buy a car. I would hope one of these day's that those company's that have robbed from the working man like this, end up getting there franchise right's pulled and force them to shut thier doors.

May then if the salesmen and the dealership owner end up broke, they can go sell toyota's and learn how to sell a vehicle for msrp.

dqron56, i feel ya man............I am willing to see what HARLEY6.0 come's up with for me, but i too may not buy because of my feeling about the fair market value robbery stuff going on. These car's ARE going to loose value just like anything that is on the market, and i will not be around 30 year's from now to see what may happen, my kid's may be around and maybe they can sell em for 5 or 6 grand after that.

These gt500's are basically 03/04 cobra's, just in a different cover.....nothing more, nothing less. Shelby is a great name and can never be thanked enough for what he has given back to our hobby, but these car's will never have the value of the car's he originally built in the 60's.

Peace, hotwheels of insanemustangs.com

The kr's may end up being rare at 1,000 car's, but i have an article that says that shelby never said that..........so who know's how many will be built at this point. 50k over msrp, that is freakin crazy........I can't believe tower ford is still in business with deals like that. Must have customer's in that area that have more money then they know what to do with, and 50k is just a drop in the bucket.

I am sorry you feel that way. Most of you understand the supply and demand concept and I applaud you.

Some of you need to realize what MSRP means actually just the "SP" (suggested retail) It is just that a suggestion of what they think the car is worth.

I dare any of you to research a product from start to finish and see the profit margin of it. ANY PRODUCT

I am sure that better than 50% of you have that nice big plasma or lcd in your livingroom that is made in some 3rd world country for about $175. But none of you are crying when you walk into best buy or circuit city and plunk down $1500 for it.

Domestic dealers are going out of business all over the country because we are not permitted to make a profit. So I say screw it if, we have a car that someone will pay 100K for than so be it! If you are not that person please go and buy some other piece of crap and shut up please because your ranting is an annoyance.

I AM THE ONLY PERSON ON THE FORUM THAT HAS OFFERED THEIR S-GT'S FOR $500 UNDER MSRP AND NOBODY HAS CALLED AND BOUGHT.

In my opinion that means that most of the people on this sight are here for no reason other than to express their opinion in a venue where they can be shielded by the www!

Please bear in mind that these are my personal opinions and have no bearing on the dealership that I work for.

Jason P Fachner

Tower Ford Inc

I am sorry you feel that way. Most of you understand the supply and demand concept and I applaud you.

Some of you need to realize what MSRP means actually just the "SP" (suggested retail) It is just that a suggestion of what they think the car is worth.

I dare any of you to research a product from start to finish and see the profit margin of it. ANY PRODUCT

I am sure that better than 50% of you have that nice big plasma or lcd in your livingroom that is made in some 3rd world country for about $175. But none of you are crying when you walk into best buy or circuit city and plunk down $1500 for it.

Domestic dealers are going out of business all over the country because we are not permitted to make a profit. So I say screw it if, we have a car that someone will pay 100K for than so be it! If you are not that person please go and buy some other piece of crap and shut up please because your ranting is an annoyance.

I AM THE ONLY PERSON ON THE FORUM THAT HAS OFFERED THEIR S-GT'S FOR $500 UNDER MSRP AND NOBODY HAS CALLED AND BOUGHT.

In my opinion that means that most of the people on this sight are here for no reason other than to express their opinion in a venue where they can be shielded by the www!

Please bear in mind that these are my personal opinions and have no bearing on the dealership that I work for.

Jason P Fachner

Tower Ford Inc

You can check me out, i own a mustang website and have over 1000 member's, i dont' hide behind www's at all.....my site is actually not even for everyone do to the fact that i allow profanity, and i have a battle room and a rant room where member's can call someone out and discuss stuff how they feel.

My entire point of even being on a shelby site is the fact that i wanted a shelby gt500 from the beginning. I currently own 5 mustangs, 2004 Mach 1, 1992 twinturbo'd 5.0 gt, 1988 bottle fed mustang gt, 1988 4 cyl coupe (work car) and a 1980 4 cyl coupe........So if my feelings seem based on my typing as being full of sh**, i apologize, sometime's it is hard for me to type what i am trying to say without coming across like an A**.

Now seriously, not talking about making a profit, tell me what is making these shelby car's worth so much money? The suspension, the engine, the tranny, the rear end, the car design are all ford....What part of the car is shelby? The body kit and wheels, and some emblems. (don't get me wrong here, shelby himself is a great person), But what is so special, it's not like Mr. Shelby took a car and built it himself like the did back in the 60's. The are cobra's, without the cobra name on em. The cobra's were selling fairly well at one point, but those too started flooding the market and people were able to buy part's themselves and make a gt that could out run a cobra....

I am a mustang lover, i truly believe that even with ford's efforts to try to stay alive right now, they are messing up severly with this shelby car thing buy not keeping it under control. Every car has a built in profit, whether it is a shelby of a ford focus.......and an example of profit would be mattel and hotwheel car's or mattel and barby. The toy car's are built in foreign country's for crap wage's, and sold in the state's for minimum of a buck a car.......so how much did it cost mattel to make the hotwheel toy car? .25 cents a car, they sell them to the stores like walmart for .50 cent's a car, and sell them at .50 cent's over what they paid for em.......is it right, well in my opinion, it isn't........I at one time was an avid hotweels collector, hence my user name. I have over 10,000 hotwheel car's.........I still collect from time to time, but it ended up costing me about 700 buck's a month buying these little toy car's.

Now i want to move up to big toy's, came into this hobby with an openmind. But with auction house's like barrett-jackson, selling #01 shelby this or #01 shelby that for 600,000.00 bucks. People think there is really a true value in a car that is being mass produced. These car's aren't worth 50k over sticker......if someone is dumb enough to pay that, then i feel bad for that person, because he has alot of money and no common sense, or he has alot of money, but no friends, so he spends this type of money trying to get people to notice them.

If people would stand together in our hobby, and quit trying so hard to own the first of this or the first of that, and stand up to the car dealership's, these car's would sell at their msrp, or close to it. I can see paying a little over msrp, but 50k oversticker.....that is just terrible in my humble opinion, and if the ford motor company truly cared about their image, they would stop dealership's from doing this. However, if the car was truly worth 100k, as the above asking price, then the ford motor company should list the car at that price. Then it's not any person's fault, dealership, salesman, etc. It is fords fault.

Right now, you can buy a Z06 corvette that would eat a shelby for lunch, car for car, the the vette is priced to sell at 60,000K and you can buy em for less, but that is the msrp. Same should apply here to the ford motor company, if the gt500 is worth 70,000k, then that should be the msrp..........

<bleep>, i could go on for hour's on this subject.......anyways, my last post isn't personal jason, not by anymeans. I truly love my hobby and feel that the current market is going to ruin it, which i don't want to see happen.

doug (hotwheels of insanemustangs.com)

You can check me out, i own a mustang website and have over 1000 member's, i dont' hide behind www's at all.....my site is actually not even for everyone do to the fact that i allow profanity, and i have a battle room and a rant room where member's can call someone out and discuss stuff how they feel.

My entire point of even being on a shelby site is the fact that i wanted a shelby gt500 from the beginning. I currently own 5 mustangs, 2004 Mach 1, 1992 twinturbo'd 5.0 gt, 1988 bottle fed mustang gt, 1988 4 cyl coupe (work car) and a 1980 4 cyl coupe........So if my feelings seem based on my typing as being full of sh**, i apologize, sometime's it is hard for me to type what i am trying to say without coming across like an A**.

Now seriously, not talking about making a profit, tell me what is making these shelby car's worth so much money? The suspension, the engine, the tranny, the rear end, the car design are all ford....What part of the car is shelby? The body kit and wheels, and some emblems. (don't get me wrong here, shelby himself is a great person), But what is so special, it's not like Mr. Shelby took a car and built it himself like the did back in the 60's. The are cobra's, without the cobra name on em. The cobra's were selling fairly well at one point, but those too started flooding the market and people were able to buy part's themselves and make a gt that could out run a cobra....

I am a mustang lover, i truly believe that even with ford's efforts to try to stay alive right now, they are messing up severly with this shelby car thing buy not keeping it under control. Every car has a built in profit, whether it is a shelby of a ford focus.......and an example of profit would be mattel and hotwheel car's or mattel and barby. The toy car's are built in foreign country's for crap wage's, and sold in the state's for minimum of a buck a car.......so how much did it cost mattel to make the hotwheel toy car? .25 cents a car, they sell them to the stores like walmart for .50 cent's a car, and sell them at .50 cent's over what they paid for em.......is it right, well in my opinion, it isn't........I at one time was an avid hotweels collector, hence my user name. I have over 10,000 hotwheel car's.........I still collect from time to time, but it ended up costing me about 700 buck's a month buying these little toy car's.

Now i want to move up to big toy's, came into this hobby with an openmind. But with auction house's like barrett-jackson, selling #01 shelby this or #01 shelby that for 600,000.00 bucks. People think there is really a true value in a car that is being mass produced. These car's aren't worth 50k over sticker......if someone is dumb enough to pay that, then i feel bad for that person, because he has alot of money and no common sense, or he has alot of money, but no friends, so he spends this type of money trying to get people to notice them.

If people would stand together in our hobby, and quit trying so hard to own the first of this or the first of that, and stand up to the car dealership's, these car's would sell at their msrp, or close to it. I can see paying a little over msrp, but 50k oversticker.....that is just terrible in my humble opinion, and if the ford motor company truly cared about their image, they would stop dealership's from doing this. However, if the car was truly worth 100k, as the above asking price, then the ford motor company should list the car at that price. Then it's not any person's fault, dealership, salesman, etc. It is fords fault.

Right now, you can buy a Z06 corvette that would eat a shelby for lunch, car for car, the the vette is priced to sell at 60,000K and you can buy em for less, but that is the msrp. Same should apply here to the ford motor company, if the gt500 is worth 70,000k, then that should be the msrp..........

<bleep>, i could go on for hour's on this subject.......anyways, my last post isn't personal jason, not by anymeans. I truly love my hobby and feel that the current market is going to ruin it, which i don't want to see happen.

doug (hotwheels of insanemustangs.com)

Hotwheels I completely agree with you. I to looked at the Z06 but decided I did not want to be an old man in a sports car but, would rather be, an old man in a hot rod. But this selling way over MSRP is crazy!! I put $1000 down in March of 2006 for the only 2008 GT500 my dealer will get. I still do not know the cost because I have not been called, too tell them what I want. If they try to sell it much over MSRP I will not purchase it. Why pay $55,000,( about $10,000 over MSRP), for a GT500 that will be worth $35,000 as soon as you drive it off the lot. I would not be were I'm at today making decisions like that. I may be premature flying to Las Vegas in 3 weeks to tour the Shelby plant and too find out what upgrades will be available for the 2008 GT500's, but I'm hoping my dealer will give me a fair price.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

I understand what you are saying abouo buy one ot the money over MSRP! I felt that way for many years as a sales consultant for Ford. However when the GT500 came out we didn't set the price the Power lease customers set the price. If you leased a 2004 Cobra or Lightning in late 2004 you were given the right to buy 1 Shelby Gt500 or new Lightning. However the Lightning was not produced so they all were given a fully transferable right to a GT500. Those people were also allowed to sell that right and most did. They sold that right to buy and sold it for as much as $25,000. That drove these car up to about $30,000 over msrp. It was the customer that set the market and not the dealers. However I believe this car is the best value for the money at $60,000 to $70,000. This car you can drive and not worry. Unlike those vett owners that always seem to dump their plastic car around 5,000 to 10,000 miles. The reason is the car makes all kinds of rattles and noise because Chevrolet is using plastic everywhere. I like them but! $75,000 for a Z06. If want to order yours they will make them. Ford will not over produce. I believe Ford is trying meet everyone in the middle on these cars. As far as the Gt500KR model goes Shelby has announced only a 1000 period. If want the parts for your stock Gt500 go ahead and get them. It will not hurt the value of those in the registry! Do you want a real KR or not is the question! Their is about 3600 Ford Dealers in this country and only a 1000 cars and in 1968 1500 were produced and what are they selling for not $5000 but almost $300,000.00 I think they should drop their price! Just kidding! Their needs to be a correction in Motor Trend about their pricing expectations. Motor Trend published about $53,000 for the KR! What were they thinking? MSRP on a coupe GT500 is $45k. Shelby just built the Shelby Gt car and Shelby is charging the customer $8320 for a small amount of mods. If you think Shelby is selling this car for 53k you have to be kidding. I did some math and expect to pay about $65k plus any dealer markup. I don't believe you will find many dealers even selling this car. A lot of dealers will keep this KR. I believe this car will sell in the low to mid $100k. I know what your thinking so don't say nothing! Just remember what the 1968's are selling for.

Be nice! A lot of bad information on the net but what I said is right or I wouldn't have wrote it.

SuperSnake!!!!! :rolleyes:

My biggest fear about paying over msrp for any car is that fact that they are still being built. 10,000, 9,000, 5,000 a year, what ever the number is doesn't matter. You will end up seeing them (gt500's), everwhere, just like the mach 1's.

Honestly if i was carroll shelby and ford, i would put an end to this madness. I would set down guideline's on vehicle prices....i can see adding a couple grand to a sticker price, and then haggle with the potential customer so he doesn't feel as bad about the rape he just went through to buy a car. I would hope one of these day's that those company's that have robbed from the working man like this, end up getting there franchise right's pulled and force them to shut thier doors.

May then if the salesmen and the dealership owner end up broke, they can go sell toyota's and learn how to sell a vehicle for msrp.

dqron56, i feel ya man............I am willing to see what HARLEY6.0 come's up with for me, but i too may not buy because of my feeling about the fair market value robbery stuff going on. These car's ARE going to loose value just like anything that is on the market, and i will not be around 30 year's from now to see what may happen, my kid's may be around and maybe they can sell em for 5 or 6 grand after that.

These gt500's are basically 03/04 cobra's, just in a different cover.....nothing more, nothing less. Shelby is a great name and can never be thanked enough for what he has given back to our hobby, but these car's will never have the value of the car's he originally built in the 60's.

Hi!

I understand what you are saying abouo buy one ot the money over MSRP! I felt that way for many years as a sales consultant for Ford. However when the GT500 came out we didn't set the price the Power lease customers set the price. If you leased a 2004 Cobra or Lightning in late 2004 you were given the right to buy 1 Shelby Gt500 or new Lightning. However the Lightning was not produced so they all were given a fully transferable right to a GT500. Those people were also allowed to sell that right and most did. They sold that right to buy and sold it for as much as $25,000. That drove these car up to about $30,000 over msrp. It was the customer that set the market and not the dealers. However I believe this car is the best value for the money at $60,000 to $70,000. This car you can drive and not worry. Unlike those vett owners that always seem to dump their plastic car around 5,000 to 10,000 miles. The reason is the car makes all kinds of rattles and noise because Chevrolet is using plastic everywhere. I like them but! $75,000 for a Z06. If want to order yours they will make them. Ford will not over produce. I believe Ford is trying meet everyone in the middle on these cars. As far as the Gt500KR model goes Shelby has announced only a 1000 period. If want the parts for your stock Gt500 go ahead and get them. It will not hurt the value of those in the registry! Do you want a real KR or not is the question! Their is about 3600 Ford Dealers in this country and only a 1000 cars and in 1968 1500 were produced and what are they selling for not $5000 but almost $300,000.00 I think they should drop their price! Just kidding! Their needs to be a correction in Motor Trend about their pricing expectations. Motor Trend published about $53,000 for the KR! What were they thinking? MSRP on a coupe GT500 is $45k. Shelby just built the Shelby Gt car and Shelby is charging the customer $8320 for a small amount of mods. If you think Shelby is selling this car for 53k you have to be kidding. I did some math and expect to pay about $65k plus any dealer markup. I don't believe you will find many dealers even selling this car. A lot of dealers will keep this KR. I believe this car will sell in the low to mid $100k. I know what your thinking so don't say nothing! Just remember what the 1968's are selling for.

Be nice! A lot of bad information on the net but what I said is right or I wouldn't have wrote it.

SuperSnake!!!!! :rolleyes:

I also will be a proud owner of a Shelby Supersnake soon. Look at all the attention the GT500KR is drawing. I just have to say that you don't have to be a west point graduate to see that God has blessed this man. To see people paying a premium for his cars is very telling that something special is occuring. I'm humbled buy what this man is doing,raffeling his personel vehicles,signing parts and so on for his childrens foundation. The story behind this man is nothing short of spectacular. Not talking down to chicken farmers as that is important also ,but from chicken farmer to icon is telling you something. His company walked through the valley of death for a reason. Then came hot wheels Amy Boylen. Something special is occuring. I would lay down 100 K as the ticket for admission to own the gt500KR simply because of the story. I am a bleeding heart Ford fan. Look at that story also. Henry Ford started the production line so common man could own a car. We come into this world with nothing and will leave in like manner. I'm hoping to be able to own the GT500KR as well as the Supersnake, actually praying as the scriptures say God will give you the desires of your Heart. Not preaching but that is what I'm feelin in my heart. Just my opinion,I don't want to offend anyone. GGBIW

A reply to hotwheels:

"What part of the car is shelby?" The chromed plastic Shelby plaque on the back...No wait, that's not Mr. Shelby's either...I guess nothing...

So if I can't call it a Cobra and it's really not a Shelby than what is it??? I know, it's a Mustang Mirage...You can see it, but it's not the real deal; kinda like the MSRP, you can see it but that's not what you have to pay to own it.

Where are these people that claim they walked off the street into a Ford dealership and bought a GT500 at MSRP? I've heard of some claiming to have done so, but when asked to prove it they come up short on their story OR THEY'RE CONNECTED SOMEHOW (their uncle ownes a Ford dealership or the dealerships owner promissed them one at MSRP B4 he knew what the market would bear).

So what's my point?

It's all about supply and demand, regarding the GT500 the demand is still strong and the supply is still good, although limited somewhat. There's a new thread on the GT500 board about what people paid over MSRP, most of the replies so far have been in the $15K over range. People want the car hotwheels and they are still paying well over MSRP to get it, regardless of weather it's "worth it" or not.

Re. the GT500KR, again supply and demand, people will want the car and some will pay anything to own one.

My bet, and money, is with the SuperSnake and I've got my name on the list to upgrade my GT500 to the SS package; overall a better performance car than the KR (except for the warranty) and possibly just as exclusive.

Here's a question for you, what happens to the price of a GT500 upgraded to a SuperSnake and sitting on a Ford dealers floor in Chicago or Dallas$$$$$$$$$$$$? Hopefully SAI will keep the SS a post-title upgrade (as they have said it will be) and lock-out the dealers, otherwise the dealers will suck-up the spots on the list for the SS and the price will go through the roof...

Now if only SAI would change the side stripes to GT500SS and dump the dopey "Super Snake" badging...But that suggestion is for a different topic thread.

Cheers,

WP

Archived