TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Shelby GT500KR

Hey all! Shelby GT guy here but saw this and I thought all you GT500 owners would find this of interest!

http://jalopnik.com/cars/new-york-auto-sho...road-248260.php

From the web page: "No folks, it's not 1968, but Carroll Shelby's anointing a new King of The Road at the New York Auto Show, and we've got the video above to prove it -- thanks to a little bird named Alan. If you'll remember, the original royal Shelby Cobra GT500-KR was a hot piece of ####, with a suspiciously low horsepower rating of 335. Of course, it was said that dynoing uncovered an extra 100 ponies grazing within FoMoCo's 428 ci Police Interceptor V8. And that was a vehicle with a base price of $4,473. Unfortunately our little bird hasn't given us any specs on what Shelby plans on revealing next week, so we'll have to see whether it'll be a hurried-up Corvette SS-beater or whether it's actually worthy of the crown."

Enjoy!

:)

Hey all! Shelby GT guy here but saw this and I thought all you GT500 owners would find this of interest!

http://jalopnik.com/cars/new-york-auto-sho...road-248260.php

From the web page: "No folks, it's not 1968, but Carroll Shelby's anointing a new King of The Road at the New York Auto Show, and we've got the video above to prove it -- thanks to a little bird named Alan. If you'll remember, the original royal Shelby Cobra GT500-KR was a hot piece of ####, with a suspiciously low horsepower rating of 335. Of course, it was said that dynoing uncovered an extra 100 ponies grazing within FoMoCo's 428 ci Police Interceptor V8. And that was a vehicle with a base price of $4,473. Unfortunately our little bird hasn't given us any specs on what Shelby plans on revealing next week, so we'll have to see whether it'll be a hurried-up Corvette SS-beater or whether it's actually worthy of the crown."

Enjoy!

:)

From press release:

2008 Ford Shelby GT500KR – Specifications and Design Highlights

• 5.4-liter supercharged V-8 producing estimated 540-horsepower and 510 ft.-lbs. of torque

• Ford Racing Power Upgrade Pack featuring revised calibration and cold air intake system

• 6-speed manual transmission with 3.73:1 rear axle ratio

• Ford Racing performance exhaust system

• Unique performance suspension tuning: springs, dampers, and stabilizer bars

• Shelby-designed ‘GT500KR’ 20-inch wheels (18-inch version for production)

• Ford Racing short-throw shifter and front strut tower brace

• Unique carbon composite hood featuring classic Shelby ‘KR’ design

• Front brake cooling ducts

• ‘Shelby’ lettering across the front edge of hood and rear decklid

• 40th Anniversary badges on the front quarter panels

• Carroll Shelby signature embroidered headrests and floor mats

• Official Shelby CSM 40th Anniversary GT500KR dash plate

From press release:

2008 Ford Shelby GT500KR – Specifications and Design Highlights

• Carroll Shelby signature embroidered headrests and floor mats

• Official Shelby CSM 40th Anniversary GT500KR dash plate

:rolleyes:

Hmmmmmmm ......I wonder if those Carroll Signature headrest will be available? They would look nice in our cars. John? Amy?

Also are they being build in Michigan only ?

or

Are they going to Las Vegas to get the CSM numbered dash plate and mods?

• 1 month later...

I truly have considered one, but: Our hobby is turning into a major scalping racket, and it is seriously putting a sour taste in my mouth.

1st) You still can't touch a regular GT500 for MSRP.

2nd) There is a company that has listed 1 GT500KR on this site for 100K, with the assumption that the MSRP will be 55K.

3rd) With the price's of these car's being so high, i can only imagine that when the SuperSnake come's out, the ford dealer's that do get them, will be asking 150k+ for them.

I personally find this to be a <bleep> shame and i can't believe that the Ford Motor Company allow's dealer's to sell car's like this. Ford set's a price at say 43K on the window sticker and sells the car to a dealership and since the dealership isn't part of the Ford Motor Company, the dealership slaps a 20,000 over MSRP price on the car. Ford is going broke, but yet, the dealership's are making a killing.

I wish people would realise that these car's aren't going to hold a value that is 20k over sticker. Maybe 30 years from now, they may go up in value a bit, but nothing like what people are currently paying.

If i was the Ford Motor Company CEO and a manager of Shelby Autos, I would put a stop to this. It is one thing to sell a product that people enjoy and it is another to allow licensed dealership's to scalp people on these car's. Eventually, there will be a backlash over this type of business practice. Right now, if you buy a ticket for your favorite sports team event, then go to the game and stand out front and try to sell the ticket over face value, you can be put in jail for that. It is called scalping and it is a crime. I would love to see the Ford Motor Company take the same type of stance with their ford dealership's and make them accountable for scalping these car's, and threaten to take their franchise license away if this continues.

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Doug of insanemustangs.com

Amen Brother,

This always happens and I believe if more of us stopped bitcxxing and started writing Ford instead of posting our complaints on the forum, it might get some attention including writing to editors at R & T, MT, C & D etc. We all know the problem is demand currently can't meet supply and that's a shame.

I've posted before there is sufficient profit built into the MSRP of the GT 500. While many of us with the exta disposible income might go out and buy paying what the market will stand, it will leave a bad taste in your mouth. I continplated going ahead and paying ADM.

I have now changed my mind, you have products coming out from both Chevy & Dodge. The new Camero & Challenger will certainly go down the SS RS and RS/SS route and Dodge will do the R/T stuff, as it's the American Way and they also will take advantage of the first buyers.

In the end as the production of 2008 gets going and late in this year or early 2008 demand will drop off as soon as everyone figures out the body style will change in 2009 model year which should be out late 2008.

As I recall in Little Rock at the SVT dealer that was getting 10,000 ADM on 2004 Roush's & Cobras, when the mustang body style changed and the 05s came out in October of 04, they couldn't give them away. This will happen on the GT 500s.

The body style on these I suspect will also change when the new mustangs come out. It is really a shame, but as our gold chained, rolex wearing, dark tinted sun glassed car dealer, who sold my red stripe package dream car on e-bay for $60,000, we are our own worst enemy by paying this.

All of us baby boomers must have to much cash. No pun intended MM....... :):) I would be interested to know how your customers react when you sell your car on e-bay rather than to an established customer.

I'm working with my Ford dealer and don't expect much, but for those that pay a huge ADM, they most likely also lost money on their trades. The best I could get after talking with the Ford GM is we won't hold you up!!! I don't know how much over MSRP that means, but they did sell me my 05s on A-Plan. These cars are just too hot right now and we need to chill..........

Hey that's the car business and it is a real shame. I will eventually get a GT 500, but I can wait, the bottom will fall out at some point as it did with the Shelby GT.

Two things are clear, Ford & SAI obviously don't care and that troubles me, no one should be chastised for wanting to make an honest profit, I ounce upon a time paid MSRP for a 1982 Camero (new body style-had to have it), never did business with Chevy again.

That's life in the fast lane and I've ranted to log. Okay Michael jump in and tell us about the 2008s on the new mustang order guide which is out and why can't you take an additional order from a walk in customer even though your only allocated x number of 2008 GT 500 cars...........

Just my thoughts...........

GG

Amen Brother, this always happens and I believe if more of us stopped bitcxxing and started writing Ford instead of posting it might get some attention including writing to editors at R & T, MT, C & D etc. The problem is demand currently can't meet supply and that's a shame.

I've posted before there is sufficient profit built into the MSRP of the GT 500. While many of us with the exta disposible income might go out and buy, as I have said before it will leave a bad taste in your mouth. I continplated going ahead and paying ADM.

I have now changed my mind, you have products coming out from both Chevy & Dodge. The new Camero and they will certainly go down the SS RS and RS/SS route and Dodge will do the R/T stuff, as it's the American Way and they also will take advantage of the first buyers.

In the end as the production of 2008 gets going and late in this year or early 2008 demand will drop off as soon as everyone figures out the body style will change in 2009 model year that should be out late 2008.

As I recall in Little Rock at the SVT dealer that was getting 10,000 ADM on Roush's, when the mustang body style changed and the 05s came out in October of 04, they couldn't give them away. This will happen on the GT 500s.

The body style on these I suspect will also change when the new mustangs come out. It is really a shame, but as our gold chained, rolex wearing, dark tinted sun glassed car dealers, who sold my red stripe package dream car on e-bay for $60,000, we are our own worst enemy buy paying this.

All of us baby boomers must have to much cash. No pun intended MM....... :):) I would be interested to know how your customers react when you sell your car on e-bay rather than to an established customer.

I'm working with my Ford dealer and don't expect much, but for those that paid huge ADM, they most likely also lost money on there trades. The best I could get after talking with the GM is we won't hold you up!!! I don't know how much over MSRP that means, but they did sell me my 05s on A-Plan. These cars are just too hot right now and we need to chill..........

Hey that's the car business and it is a real shame. I will eventually get a GT 500, but I can wait, the bottom will fall out at some point as it did with the Shelby GT.

Two things are claar, Ford & SAI obviously don't care and that troubles me, no one should be chastised for wanting to make an honest profit, I ounce upon a time paid MSRP for a 1982 Camero (new body style-had to have it), never did business with Chevy again.

That's life in the fast lane and I've ranted to log. Okay Michael jump in and tell us about the 2008s the order guide is out and why can't you take an order from a walk in customer even though your only allocated x number of cars...........

Just my thoughts...........

GG

this whole arguement has gotton old, if you dont want to pay a ADM be patient. i didnt put the price on the res striped car the CONSUMER did. they bid on the car and bought it. yall can look up my previous post on the MSRP thing. not going to retype it. if you want to look it up and we will keep talking about it. i have no IDEA what the markets going to be on the 08, but im NOT going to take MSRP for it until i see what the market is going to do, but i WILL take MSRP for anything else on my lot. oh wait yall dont pay MSRP for anyting else only things that are bringing 10-15k over. im pretty sure we have beat this dead horse enough, if not i guess we can beat it some more.

its boils down to yall dont want the dealer to make that much money on yall. would yall pay 60k if that was the MSRP?

michael

First off, it's not a market per say. You can purchase a ZO6 vette for 60k that will out perform the mustang gt, gt500, gt500kr and the supersnake.

The problem is the auto dealership and ford should punish the dealership for scalping, Not just trying to make a bit of money on a car.

I have written ford motor company about this issue and the only response i get from them is: "Ford Dealers are independently owned, they are not owned by the ford motor company. Therefore there isn't anything we can do about vehicle pricing on individual lots." I find this to be a bunch of garbage, personally. If i was allan Mullaly, i would start shutting down the dealerships that are giving fords a bad name, period. If the shelby gt500 was worth 60k, then ford should have priced it at 60K. If ford prices a shelby gt500 at 43K and the red stripe package add's 1700 bucks to it, that should be it, period.

I saw several scalping add's on ebay for the red stripe gt500, one of them shot straight from the hip and asked 70k for the car, and other's start their add's on ebay (over msrp), and sadly people being foolish, bite on the auto dealerships greed and bid over msrp. Which should be a crime and punishable by law. As i stated in a previous post, if you get caught scalping tickets on ebay or at a sporting event, you WILL go to jail for it. Same should apply to scapling brand new cars and it's a shame as stated earlier that Ford and Shelby don't nip the auto dealerships in the butt on this.

Currently there is a dealer BRIGHTON FORD IN BRIGHTON COLORADO that has 10 shelby's sitting on their lot, all 10 shelby's are 19,500 over sticker and non of them sell locally. They are all for sale on ebay. That is wrong in so many way's, i can't even begin to touch base on that. Just make's me sick to think that greed of salesmen and dealership's are destroying a hobby i truly love and the dealerships should be ashamed of themselves.

Here is another example of pure greed and this one is advertised right here on this site:

"We will be getting one..... As long as nothing changes about the way FMC doles out the specialty cars.

I am looking for $100k for it.......

10,000 deposit and its yours to your spec. Tower Ford"

Sadly, someone will pay him what he is asking for that car, and will more then likely loose 40k on it's resale value. Which is a <bleep> shame, the sale's person of this above car will probably buy a new rolex watch and a nice pair of ray ban sunglasses, laughing all the way to the bank.

Needless to say, i will not take your advice Michael Morris "im pretty sure we have beat this dead horse enough, if not i guess we can beat it some more.", i am going to beat this drum until ford or shelby cracks down on your dealership. Yes, i would have paid 60k for the car if that was the MSRP, but it's not.....

GG104, keep up the fight brother, one of these day's we will win against the creepy auto dealerships that stand around their cubicles high fiving each other when one of their ebay auction's end, instead of shaking the hand of a life long customer of their dealership.

First off, it's not a market per say. You can purchase a ZO6 vette for 60k that will out perform the mustang gt, gt500, gt500kr and the supersnake.

The problem is the auto dealership and ford should punish the dealership for scalping, Not just trying to make a bit of money on a car.

I have written ford motor company about this issue and the only response i get from them is: "Ford Dealers are independently owned, they are not owned by the ford motor company. Therefore there isn't anything we can do about vehicle pricing on individual lots." I find this to be a bunch of garbage, personally. If i was allan Mullaly, i would start shutting down the dealerships that are giving fords a bad name, period. If the shelby gt500 was worth 60k, then ford should have priced it at 60K. If ford prices a shelby gt500 at 43K and the red stripe package add's 1700 bucks to it, that should be it, period.

I saw several scalping add's on ebay for the red stripe gt500, one of them shot straight from the hip and asked 70k for the car, and other's start their add's on ebay (over msrp), and sadly people being foolish, bite on the auto dealerships greed and bid over msrp. Which should be a crime and punishable by law. As i stated in a previous post, if you get caught scalping tickets on ebay or at a sporting event, you WILL go to jail for it. Same should apply to scapling brand new cars and it's a shame as stated earlier that Ford and Shelby don't nip the auto dealerships in the butt on this.

Currently there is a dealer BRIGHTON FORD IN BRIGHTON COLORADO that has 10 shelby's sitting on their lot, all 10 shelby's are 19,500 over sticker and non of them sell locally. They are all for sale on ebay. That is wrong in so many way's, i can't even begin to touch base on that. Just make's me sick to think that greed of salesmen and dealership's are destroying a hobby i truly love and the dealerships should be ashamed of themselves.

Here is another example of pure greed and this one is advertised right here on this site:

"We will be getting one..... As long as nothing changes about the way FMC doles out the specialty cars.

I am looking for $100k for it.......

10,000 deposit and its yours to your spec. Tower Ford"

Sadly, someone will pay him what he is asking for that car, and will more then likely loose 40k on it's resale value. Which is a <bleep> shame, the sale's person of this above car will probably buy a new rolex watch and a nice pair of ray ban sunglasses, laughing all the way to the bank.

Needless to say, i will not take your advice Michael Morris "im pretty sure we have beat this dead horse enough, if not i guess we can beat it some more.", i am going to beat this drum until ford or shelby cracks down on your dealership. Yes, i would have paid 60k for the car if that was the MSRP, but it's not.....

GG104, keep up the fight brother, one of these day's we will win against the creepy auto dealerships that stand around their cubicles high fiving each other when one of their ebay auction's end, instead of shaking the hand of a life long customer of their dealership.

let me step up to the horse then, MSRP does anyone no what he S stands for... i wil wait.... Suggested lets say it again, SUGGESTED. yall act like msrp is the only price yall will pay period, get off you high horse. yall wouldnt pay msrp for any other car that you would buy. a explorer? f150? NOPE. but when YOU want it MSRP is all right, what a great price, its priced perfect. give me a break. DONT BUY IT IF YOU DONT WANT TO PAY IT or cant afford it. do you take the rebates when you go to the dealer? why thats not MSRP?

its all about you, what you want to pay. if you want to pay MSRP then that enough profit for eveyone. do yall work for FREE. NO. well the people in this town do your job for half what you do it so you should only get half your pay check.. no wait thats comunist. we live THE USA. supply and demand. just because you think MSRP is enough proft doenst make it fact. will keep beating this horse until we have to get another one. but until yall make an agruement besides its not fair because i want one and im not paying that your just wasting time. yall can flame away. i can take it. but yall are so full of double standard that its sad. some said before if someone came to you and wanted to your house for more than it appraised and you were ready to sell you would jump all over, why cause those idoits wanted to pay to much. but that ok with you, again its all about what you want. i want a 500KR for the store, but im not big enough and will not get one. is that fair, i pay the same franchise as the other dealers? nope but its life. if i want one i will go out and get one and pay whatever it takes to get it, no whining no crying, just pay your money and take your ride.

MSRP is suggested price, you dont pay it on the other cars you buy, so quit your whining. if you want one find you one pay whatever you think is fair and enjoy the car as long as you want. GG104 has already said he doenst pay MSRP for anything else, A plan i think. well thats not fair. thats not MSRP. and msrp is on the window for a reason? do i smell double standard? you made a statement that good customers would get mad because they couldnt buy my red striped GT500, well a good customer would understand.

get up you stupid horse.....

michael

It is about me.............I am the consumer, and yes, ford should do things in order to help their sad dealership's move car's. If ford price's the new edge at 30k, and towards the end of the year, dealership's still have them on their lot, ford should help the dealership in moving these vehicles and still make a bit of money off of them.

should you be allowed to gouge consumer's, hell no you shouldn't. That is simply stupid, and you will never convince people why these car's should sell for so much more then their "SUGGESTED" retail price.

You sound like that guy on the tv commercials trying to sell his garbage:

"how much will you pay for this today? 100 bucks, nope, 50 bucks, nope, 19.95.........." give me a break.

I hope Allan Mullaly and Ford do something with dealership's like yours. You surely don't deserve to have a franchise license with these type's of ethics.......

It is about me.............I am the consumer, and yes, ford should do things in order to help their sad dealership's move car's. If ford price's the new edge at 30k, and towards the end of the year, dealership's still have them on their lot, ford should help the dealership in moving these vehicles and still make a bit of money off of them.

should you be allowed to gouge consumer's, hell no you shouldn't. That is simply stupid, and you will never convince people why these car's should sell for so much more then their "SUGGESTED" retail price.

You sound like that guy on the tv commercials trying to sell his garbage:

"how much will you pay for this today? 100 bucks, nope, 50 bucks, nope, 19.95.........." give me a break.

I hope Allan Mullaly and Ford do something with dealership's like yours. You surely don't deserve to have a franchise license with these type's of ethics.......

Gouge? you should look that word up before you use it. you DONT have to BUY a car, you buy cause you WANT the car.

you still havent said if you pay MSRP when you buy your other cars, cause you know you dont. YOU the consumer set the price on these cars, cry all you want and send all the letters you want to FORD, but when they finally make a car the the dealer can make money on you cry cause they make to much money on it. if he GT500 was cold as ice and wasnt selling you wouldnt even want the car. me me me me. the world doesnt revolve around you. i havent tried to sale the FIRST car on here for anywhere near MSRP, check out the SGT board. 500 over invoice, which isnt fair because you pay MSRP for everything you buy.

you throw around alot of bigs words. ethics? you dont know anything about my ethics!!! i put my GT500 on ebay with a starting price of around 25k. you, the consumer ran the price up. so this is my fault. grow up!

i have an 08 GT500 coming in. you can have it at MSRP, just the doc fee of 15k is going to upset you, but since you said MSRP is ok you should mind.

i have been is buisness for almost 30 years because of my ethics that you dont know crap about. i hope you never lose your job or that anyone takes anything from you. i dont wish stuff like that on anyone. this is the second discussion that i have had with you and you always start attacking ME or whomever disagrees with you. i done with you. you cant have a discussion without attacking because you have not arguement just attacks.

im very proud of what i do and i have been doing alot of time and i sleep very well at night. i dont lie to anyone to sell them a car and i never cheat anyone. its my choice to sell someone a car and i would never sell you one, because you would never be happy and complain and cry forever.

michael

heres your definition

Price gouging

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Price gouging is a frequently pejorative reference to a seller's asking a price that is much higher than what is seen as 'fair' under the circumstances. In precise, legal usage, it is the name of a felony that applies in some of the United States only during civil emergencies. In less precise usage, it can refer either to prices obtained by practices inconsistent with a competitive free market, or to windfall profits. In colloquial usage, it means simply that the speaker thinks the price is too high. Non-pejorative uses are generally in reaction to what the writer believes is an unjustified restraint on the market.

The economic theory of the free market suggests that, even in unusual circumstances, price controls do more harm than good by preventing incentives for the supply of needed goods. For example, in a disaster situation, a very high price for equipment (e.g. tents) will prompt hugely increased supply of the relevant goods. Libertarians are among those who robustly defend the right of firms to charge what they want regardless of the circumstances. The contrary argument is that emergency situations increase inequality markedly and allowing vendors to exploit emergency situations to gain extra profits is unequitable.

As a criminal offense, Florida's law is reasonably typical. Price gouging may be charged when a supplier of essential goods or services sharply raises the prices asked in anticipation of or during a civil emergency, or when it cancels or dishonors contracts in order to take advantage of an increase in prices related to such an emergency. The model case is a retailer who increases the price of existing stocks of milk and bread when a hurricane is imminent. It is a defense to show that the price increase mostly reflects increased costs, such as running an emergency generator, or hazard pay for workers.

The term is similar to profiteering but can be distinguished by being short-term and localized, and by a restriction to essentials such as food, clothing, shelter, medicine and equipment needed to preserve life, limb and property. In jurisdictions where there is no such crime, the term may still be used to pressure firms to refrain from such behavior.

Some support the ability to raise prices under such circumstances, asserting that government prohibition of the practice is a violation of individual rights or that the ability to raise prices has beneficial effects or both. While some economists who defend the practice use the term "price gouging", others disparage it as merely pejorative.

The term is not in widespread use in economic theory but is sometimes used to refer to practices of a coercive monopoly which raises prices above the market rate that would otherwise prevail in a competitive environment. [1] [2] Alternatively, it may refer to suppliers' benefiting to excess from a short-term change in the demand curve

i hope this helps

michael

this whole arguement has gotton old, if you dont want to pay a ADM be patient. i didnt put the price on the res striped car the CONSUMER did. they bid on the car and bought it. yall can look up my previous post on the MSRP thing. not going to retype it. if you want to look it up and we will keep talking about it. i have no IDEA what the markets going to be on the 08, but im NOT going to take MSRP for it until i see what the market is going to do, but i WILL take MSRP for anything else on my lot. oh wait yall dont pay MSRP for anyting else only things that are bringing 10-15k over. im pretty sure we have beat this dead horse enough, if not i guess we can beat it some more.

its boils down to yall dont want the dealer to make that much money on yall. would yall pay 60k if that was the MSRP?

michael

Michael,

First off, I want you to know I really enjoy your posts and insight. Sometimes what is written on one end and perceived on the other with e-mail can be a problem. I was poking some fun at you as I know you can take a joke. We can always laugh at ourselves, with that said I also supported your comments.

I was only expressing an opinion, which most of us do. I was sincere with the request for pricing info on the 2008 release and you have said many times you enjoy posting and helping.

If I offended you, it was not my intent, can I get the arm and leg deposit back on the red stripe package?

:D

GG

Gouge, The core phrase: “excessively unconscionable price increase.”

Consumer, The core phrase: "Someone who buys goods in a personal capacity from a business seller."

Thief, The core phrase: "A criminal who takes property belonging to someone else with the intention of keeping it."

Car Salesman, The core phrase: "exactly what they appear to be from the outside: dishonest career liars with penchants for tacky clothes and bullying."

Car Dealerships, The core phrase: "completely corrupt industry thriving by the tacky manipulations of cheaters, swindlers."

Dang Michael,

Did all this happen since my first post this morning. This car doesn't rate on A or X plan so don't drag me into this thrashing. I didn't read all the posts prior to sending an apology.

I have a relative that works for Ford and I own stock in the company so I'm eligible for a price break on the A & X just like you, but remember also, not all dealers honor this on some models. I won't pay over the suggested MSRP, but I still like your posts and insight.

Take a deep breath everyone.................. GG

It's all good GG104........I don't want my feelings about price gouging affecting any car purchasing you may be doing. However insightful this topic may seem, he can not justify these types of prices on consumer's.

YOU the consumer set the price on these cars, cry all you want and send all the letters you want to FORD, but when they finally make a car the the dealer can make money on you cry cause they make to much money on it.
I will keep writting, and maybe i won't get a response right away from ford, but eventually i will get something done about this. Hopefully dealerships will have to start being held accountable for gouging people like this.

i havent tried to sale the FIRST car on here for anywhere near MSRP, check out the SGT board. 500 over invoice, which isnt fair because you pay MSRP for everything you buy.
I wouldn't complain about 500 bucks over sticker.........I will complain about 20k oversticker and you can take my comment's how ever you like. I try not to make anything personal, but when you say we need to quit beating a dead horse, you then make things personal in my view. People have the right to represent wether they are happy or upset about something.

I own a 2004 Mach 1 and i have been very happy with the car and i believe i got it for a decent price. Was it over MSRP, not really sure, but when i left the dealership with the car, i was happy. To add, i currently own 5 mustangs and a mustang enthusiasts site. So, do i care about what is happening to my hobby, yes i do. I believe i have earned the right to speak my voice when i think something isn't right, and the price's on our beloved mustangs is out of control. Hell, even allan mullaly knows something isn't right: The Detroit News obtained an internal document from Ford that outlines four specific objectives in CEO Alan Mulally's turnaround plan. For the most part, we've heard these goals before: ramp up product development, establish suitable financing, increase teamwork and (at long last) resize Ford's operation to better address what the consumers want. That last bullet point is what has our attention.

The proliferation of Mustang variants over the past few months (weeks?) has become a joke. Regardless whether these special editions are FoMoCo developed or birthed from the aftermarket, it's gotten silly. The proposal addresses the vast expanse of options, be it color choices or trim packages, and seeks to reign in the thousands (we've counted) of configurations available in both the V6 and V8 Mustangs. Ford execs maintain that it does little for the pony car and merely confuses customers. We tend to agree.

The realization that there are too many choices for many of Ford's models came to Mulally when he went to purchase an Econonline for his mother's senior center. The philanthropic head of Ford was met with 185 different options, and he understood that decisions like that do little to ease customers into the brand.

Implementation of this new edict will come quickly and will likely involve packages that make it easier for consumers to choose what they want and for dealers to keep the right products in stock for their region."

After hearing what allan mullaly is saying in this statement above, i applaude him. Once he get's the ford motor company under control and somewhat profitable, i hope he goes after those that have ford franchise license's. Which is just around the corner: "According to Automotive News, the Big 2.5 cut 462 dealerships between them in 2006. So far in 2007, GM has killed off 222 of its own dealerships, compared to this time last year. Much of this effort is the consolidation of franchises that only sold a few of the automaker's brands, to now include as many as they can handle (i.e. a GMC dealership now carries Pontiac, Buick, Cadillac, HUMMER, Saab, etc.)

GM isn't alone in their neighborhood downsizing, as both Chrysler and Ford have made significant cutbacks so far this year, with the former nixing 134 dealerships, while the latter cut 126, when compared to 2006 figures.

The upside to all of these cutbacks is more profits for fewer dealers, but at the same time, dealers that have been in the business for decades are being forced to sell their stores to local competitors. As expected, these retailers are leaving their livelihood feeling bitter and dejected."

I too don't like to see anyone loose their job, and hate to even use it in a topic, but the insanity has to stop, and hopefully allan mullaly will truly shape a new ford motorcompany that once again builds car's that consumers can afford and enjoy.

Dang Michael,

Did all this happen since my first post this morning. This car doesn't rate on A or X plan so don't drag me into this thrashing. I didn't read all the posts prior to sending an apology.

I have a relative that works for Ford and I own stock in the company so I'm eligible for a price break on the A & X just like you, but remember also, not all dealers honor this on some models. I won't pay over the suggested MSRP, but I still like your posts and insight.

Take a deep breath everyone.................. GG

hey gg

i have brought your name up a bunch and always with good intentions. some guy the other day said he could have bought a GT500 for msrp, i begged him for the dealer so that YOU could call him and get you one for msrp, of course he never gave the dealer. you poke fun and joke. i can take that and have no problem with it. most of the time it makes me laugh, but hot wheels has no argument and only wants to flame and attack.

look forward to more debate with you GG. if you misunderstood and thought i had a problem with you then im sorry.

michael

i think i understand the last post, but it really has nothing to do with msrp or the price about or below msrp.

i offered the SGT for 500 ove INVOICE not msrp. do i agree that 15k over for a mustang is to much, YES, but when guys bid the car to that price i will take the profit. does that make me a bad person? no i dont think so.

i dont think there is anyway that you could car more about FORD than i do. you dont make your living off the whims of what they decided to build or dont build. what i meant by beating a dead horse is we have had the topic discussed over 4 pages before and its the same argument on both sides. i guess i will never understand the problem with the msrp debate, if you want it buy it if you dont wait. i have been doing this a long time and the price might drop. if you look at the ford GT it has dropped, not under msrp, but it has dropped. i do not think that the guys buying the gt500 so that they can make a profit on it when it becomes "collectable" will see a profit for many many years.

i dont have a problem with you Hotwheels, but when you call me a thief or question my ethics or morals, then i have a huge problem. you have never and probly never will buy a car from me. ask some guys on her who have and see if they were treated fair or if they have a problem with my ethics.

michael

michael, i apologize if you thought my post was at you personally......it's not, it is at the car dealerships right now.

If i had a car in my hands that someone was willing to buy from me at 20k over anything. I would sell it and not look back.

I just get frustrated when i see dealerships with 10 of them on the lot and not one of them are for sale locally, unless you are willing to pay 19,500 over sticker.......The salesman said he will sell them all on ebay.....so when i am on ebay and i see just about all of the shelby's coming from dealer lot's, i get a bit upset...

That i guess is where i get confused......I just can't go to my local dealer and buy one right now......only place that has them is ebay and that just doesn't seem right to me some how.......that is why i wish ford would step in and force the dealerships to sell them at what i am calling msrp.....

So again, if i offended you, i apologize........I just get frustrated in my hunt for a gt500, just as i am sure you are frustrated in trying to explain why these car's can be sold at such outrageous prices.

michael, i apologize if you thought my post was at you personally......it's not, it is at the car dealerships right now.

If i had a car in my hands that someone was willing to buy from me at 20k over anything. I would sell it and not look back.

I just get frustrated when i see dealerships with 10 of them on the lot and not one of them are for sale locally, unless you are willing to pay 19,500 over sticker.......The salesman said he will sell them all on ebay.....so when i am on ebay and i see just about all of the shelby's coming from dealer lot's, i get a bit upset...

That i guess is where i get confused......I just can't go to my local dealer and buy one right now......only place that has them is ebay and that just doesn't seem right to me some how.......that is why i wish ford would step in and force the dealerships to sell them at what i am calling msrp.....

So again, if i offended you, i apologize........I just get frustrated in my hunt for a gt500, just as i am sure you are frustrated in trying to explain why these car's can be sold at such outrageous prices.

not a problem,

and i dont know if its going to get any better for you guys looking for a gt500. rumors on the dealer website is that Ford is making 1000 less next year so that they can make GT500KRs. fords not going to increase prodction to make the KR just keep it the same. if that is true chances are i will not get the second GT500 like i got this year. i have sent a few emails to ford myself asking who i can sleep with to get a KR, but i guess i shouldnt have the the picture of me with the emails. now no one will email me back LOL

the dealer who has 10 of them sitting must have loads of money. the floorplan has to be eating him up. i would love to have 1 or 2 more but 10 just sitting would break me.

michael

hey gg

i have brought your name up a bunch and always with good intentions. some guy the other day said he could have bought a GT500 for msrp, i begged him for the dealer so that YOU could call him and get you one for msrp, of course he never gave the dealer. you poke fun and joke. i can take that and have no problem with it. most of the time it makes me laugh, but hot wheels has no argument and only wants to flame and attack.

look forward to more debate with you GG. if you misunderstood and thought i had a problem with you then im sorry.

michael

No offense taken my friend.......... :D :D

GG 104

CALL JASON KIDD AT 1-800-206-1070

BRIGHTON FORD IN BRIGHTON COLORADO

i looked them up, they show 8 in stock color and what state they bought from

coupes

red TN

white CA

red CT

tungsten AL

orange AR

convt

tung MN

red came to them

red came to them

i wanted to look them up to see if they bought them from other dealers or came to them thru allocation.

all this tells me is that they went out and bought most of them at 12-15k over sticker. that maybe why the are trying to hold 19500 over. trying to make 5k on there investment. not saying im on thier side just wanted you to know what they are trying to do. but this is just a guess, they could have gotten all these cars at invoice, but i dont think that happened. if they paid an avg of 10k over for the 8 cars thats 80k that they cant floorplan. now to me that a boat load of money just sitting there, but they may have huge amounts of cash sitting around and can afford it. not us.

michael

Archived