TEAM SHELBY FORUM

anyone taken their sgt to a regular car wash??

michael10128

I read somewhere yesterday that the nose is too low for an automatic car wash......had the same problem with my 1986 928S......Washed it in the driveway by hand......I remember lots of chilly nights with my hands freezing.......but it looked good!

Sometimes I used the power washer at a local car wash that looks like a garage and you do it yourself.....but I dont think that will be a good idea with the SGT because the stripes are stickers not painted.

That could be really bad.

mine has specific instructions not to take it to a car wash with the tracks that move the car, heh i'm all for car washes but hey with the passion i have for this pony i don't mind washing myself :)

has anyone tinted the back and 1/4 panel side windows? the reg side windows looked to me like that did not need it, any comments

hand washing might be difficult in metropolitan areas or in cold climates...wondering if you can run it through a regular (higher end) car wash?

Good rule of thumb is only use non-track motor wash systems. The ones that pull you through. If you drive in and it washes by mahine that's ok as far as it goes. Now having said that our cars have stickers on them. Ok...ok...stripes...anyway, you never know what shape these machines are in so I would caution you on these for that, seen them pulled right off, not counting the fine spider web lines you'll get, especially on a black car.

There are some cool indoor car wash places if you look hard enough in almost every major city.l Here there is a place that's a converted warehouse where you bring your car in out of the cold and wash it by hand. Then they have high pressure air guns you can use to blow water from the mirrors, doors, etc.

If you can find a place like that it would be ideal.

Good luck!

mine has specific instructions not to take it to a car wash with the tracks that move the car, heh i'm all for car washes but hey with the passion i have for this pony i don't mind washing myself :)

has anyone tinted the back and 1/4 panel side windows? the reg side windows looked to me like that did not need it, any comments

I have the 1/4 panel window and the rear window of my 05 GT tinted and the side door windows clear. It looks great and people (aka girls) can see me. Of course that can be a good or bad thing...

<_<

Good rule of thumb is only use non-track motor wash systems. The ones that pull you through. If you drive in and it washes by mahine that's ok as far as it goes. Now having said that our cars have stickers on them. Ok...ok...stripes...anyway, you never know what shape these machines are in so I would caution you on these for that, seen them pulled right off, not counting the fine spider web lines you'll get, especially on a black car.

There are some cool indoor car wash places if you look hard enough in almost every major city.l Here there is a place that's a converted warehouse where you bring your car in out of the cold and wash it by hand. Then they have high pressure air guns you can use to blow water from the mirrors, doors, etc.

If you can find a place like that it would be ideal.

Good luck!

I have the 1/4 panel window and the rear window of my 05 GT tinted and the side door windows clear. It looks great and people (aka girls) can see me. Of course that can be a good or bad thing...

<_<

I put limo. tint on the back window of my Black car, and dark side tint. The Limo tint makes the car look like on complete expanse of black from the roof to the trunk, really fantastic. The downside is trying to use a rearview mirror. We have to use the side mirrors for complete clarity.

Jeff

Personally I am going to always hand wash my car. But what i am worried about is getting those tiny scracthes in the clearcoat. When you get in the right light it is impossible to miss. And since my SGT is black, the color will make it even easier to see. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what kind of hand washing pad or sponge to use to avoid this problem???

Also...I have always hand waxed all my vehicles(never within a few months of being brand new). But since the stripes are stickers instead of paint then i probably shouldn't put wax on the stripes should I??

B) B)

Personally I am going to always hand wash my car. But what i am worried about is getting those tiny scracthes in the clearcoat. When you get in the right light it is impossible to miss. And since my SGT is black, the color will make it even easier to see. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what kind of hand washing pad or sponge to use to avoid this problem???

Also...I have always hand waxed all my vehicles(never within a few months of being brand new). But since the stripes are stickers instead of paint then i probably shouldn't put wax on the stripes should I??

B) B)

There are some REALLY good cleaning and car care discussions over in the other forums I can't seem to put my finger on the thread that went into cleaning BIG time, should have book marked it, you'll have to look around.

Check out: (to name a few)

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php

http://www.mustangforums.com/

http://www.stangsunleashed.com

hi i had mine done see www.nicetint.com my car is on there web site

Archived