TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Doubters Beware

SGTWyo

I took delivery of my black 5-speed today (#0681). I ordered this car in mid-January. I've been watching this forum and I learned a lot from all of you - thanks! I'm not normally a forum participator, but today changed me - at least for a little while. Two things caused that change. First, I know how passionate many of you are from reading your posts. Second, today I drove a Shelby. It is awesome, plain and simple. Worth the wait - worth the money - worth the risk. I only have about 50 miles of seat time - from the dealer in Fort Collins, CO to my garage in Cheyenne, WY (with a brief stop at the office to get those guys off my back). Initial quality at delivery was excellent and the drive home was beyond expectations. Sight, sound, touch, performance - you name it - all defy description. At this point, all I can say is thank you Ford, thank you Shelby, thank you Amy. Like I said, I'm not experienced at this forum thing; but if you guys want to hear more, I will help in any way I can. But if you are a doubter....beware.

Diito from me. I took dealer delivery of #420 last week here in Philadelphia, a white manual. Wonderful experience, dealer was great, salesperson was marvelous and I paid MSRP! The car is beyond my expecations. I had a 65 K-Code when I was in college and it was stolen; I always told myself I'd get another one when I could. This Shelby GT is my replacement car. I LOVE it. The only problem is my oldes tturns 16 in three years; he'd kill himself in that car!

sgtwyo, make sure you post your car to the shelby locator map. I think you would be the first one from Wyoming! :)

Car is UNBELIEVABLE!!! I had one ordered for three months, but could not wait any longer. We found a small dealer through the internet who was willing to sell the car for $1000 under MSRP. The only problem was a four hour drive to the dealership. My daughter in law got the thrill of her life. My eyesight would only allow me to be a passenger, so she got to drive the back roads of AZ to bring the car home. Riding in the passenger seat was thrilling, I can only imagine what it will be like to actually drive the SGT.

Have patience, the ride is definitely worth it!!!!!

Jeff

sgtwyo. thanks for the post.....but I think you just made the anticipation worse.........LOL

sgtwyo. thanks for the post.....but I think you just made the anticipation worse.........LOL

Sometimes the anticipation outshines the actual event, but not this time. You are in for a real treat - enjoy!

I think I will add to the locator - it's about time somebody puts Wyoming on the map. By the way, does anyone know how a clear bra might affect the silver stripes?

I think I will add to the locator - it's about time somebody puts Wyoming on the map. By the way, does anyone know how a clear bra might affect the silver stripes?

Wondering the same thing! I was thinking of getting that. I assume the vendor of the bra will have some info. I'd really like to have it applied. The thought of bugs on my SGT makes me want to run home when the street lights come on!

Wondering the same thing! I was thinking of getting that. I assume the vendor of the bra will have some info. I'd really like to have it applied. The thought of bugs on my SGT makes me want to run home when the street lights come on!

I have been looking at the clear bras for 3 years now and asking many questions. I was told that it will not cause any problems until years down the road when the sun will have baked the stripes and they start to fall apart. At that time the clear bras will most likely need to be replaced as well. I plan on getting my stripes painted on sometime in the near future and then putting the clear bra over it.

I think they are a good investment, especially on a black car where every chip and dent shows up so well.

:blink:

I have been looking at the clear bras for 3 years now and asking many questions. I was told that it will not cause any problems until years down the road when the sun will have baked the stripes and they start to fall apart. At that time the clear bras will most likely need to be replaced as well. I plan on getting my stripes painted on sometime in the near future and then putting the clear bra over it.

I think they are a good investment, especially on a black car where every chip and dent shows up so well.

:blink:

My research yielded similar results. My car is black - less than 100 miles and still no chips - so I don't want to delay. I visited one shop yesterday and walked away with the impression that they want to baby my baby as much as I do. They also assured me that the stipes (and hood pins) would not cause a problem. I think I will do it next week.

On the clr bra subject , I had one installed on my Porsche 2 years ago and they work great, they do

keep the chips and bugs off the paint, but please make sure 2-3 days after the install polish and wax

the clr bra...this will help with the stains that some bugs leave behind. most of the time I would drive

on back roads so I could run up to double the speed limit and the bra does work well at keeping the

rocks from chipping the paint work..also do some research there are lesser quiality bras that will yellow after

a few years.

On the clr bra subject , I had one installed on my Porsche 2 years ago and they work great, they do

keep the chips and bugs off the paint, but please make sure 2-3 days after the install polish and wax

the clr bra...this will help with the stains that some bugs leave behind. most of the time I would drive

on back roads so I could run up to double the speed limit and the bra does work well at keeping the

rocks from chipping the paint work..also do some research there are lesser quiality bras that will yellow after

a few years.

Hi TX,

Where did you get the clear bra? Who makes it. How much did it cost? How long to install? Info please.

Thanks, Dave

Can I put a bra over my whole car? With just 1100 mile, i got hit by a rock falling from a gravel truck on the So Cal freeway. A small chip on the hood (out of range of any bra) and a nice crack in the windshield. I think I will try to have the window fixed since can be a regular occurance on the freeway and the chip is down by the bottom out of view.

Can I put a bra over my whole car? With just 1100 mile, i got hit by a rock falling from a gravel truck on the So Cal freeway. A small chip on the hood (out of range of any bra) and a nice crack in the windshield. I think I will try to have the window fixed since can be a regular occurance on the freeway and the chip is down by the bottom out of view.

Actually you can cover the entire car but it is very expensive. In our area to have a 7 piece installed is $795.00. That includes outside rearview mirrors, hood (about 2 feet from the leading edge), front grill area and lower grill area.

I know a few Corvette owners that have the entire hood as well as the top of the car done. But for that kind of money you can have any body shop fill the chips and repaint for half the cost of the clear bra.

Well after all of this, that and everything maybe a new millenium Shelby, in mint condition, will actually be a collector's item in say 20 years? I wonder if the Firebird Blackhawks, or Mustang Cobras of the 90's will ever be collector's items? If only to 60 year old fat white guys... :D Ever see most who attend those Barret Jackson auctions?

Hi TX,

Where did you get the clear bra? Who makes it. How much did it cost? How long to install? Info please.

Thanks, Dave

Dave, I had the clr bra done in dallas, 3M is the maker of one of the brands, 895.00 installed

front bumper 1/3 of the hood, the forward sides of the front fenders, and mirrors. the clr bra

works, but stains easily if not cleaned and waxed on a regular basis, there are newer products

out since I had mine done, but have no info on them...i will be researching tho for the new

Shelby Gt

hope this helps

Archived