TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My CS8 version

mrchase1

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my version of the CS8. I have gone with some accessories which I personally like on the mustang. Duck tail spoiler,Steeda Hood, Custom Mirrors and some other modifications.

gil, where did you get your stripes? are they 9 inches wide with a 1 inch gap?

gil, where did you get your stripes? are they 9 inches wide with a 1 inch gap?

Well I went to a Sign shop, matched the material on my side stripes and had them cut the material in 9 1/2 inch long enough to do the whole car. If you can do it yourself it will save you a lot of money but I hope that you have a lot of patience. Oh and yes I decided to go with 1 inch gap after talking to Flying badger. He was a great help to get the stripes on looking right

Well I went to a Sign shop, matched the material on my side stripes and had them cut the material in 9 1/2 inch long enough to do the whole car. If you can do it yourself it will save you a lot of money but I hope that you have a lot of patience. Oh and yes I decided to go with 1 inch gap after talking to Flying badger. He was a great help to get the stripes on looking right

B) It seems that we Wisconsin people can't seem to get a break with the weather. Cold and rainy throughout the hoilday weekend. Its been in the low to mid 40's all week. I can't wait for May. Even though I recall a few years back it snowed in May. Anyways my Stang beckons to be run on the roads and highways of Wisconsin and Illinios, and I shall let pony free as soon as the weather gets better. But as for the rest of you lucky dawgs who live in warmer climates, Happy Easter and have fun crusing in your Shelbys.

-Flyingbadger ;)

Thanks for the kudos G-man

Thanks Gil. Ive taken my stang to a few shops, and it seems nobody around here wants to touch the vinyl stripes. Im getting frusterated. I did find one gal that said she could do them but she quoted me 650 dollars. I think thats a little much considering i could get em painted on for 150 more. I want my stripes in gloss black 9 inches wide with a 1 inch gap. Three years ago, id have no problem getting the stripes on myself but i had a little mishap in april of 04 that sent me to a wheelchair. I cant put stripes on but i get great parking for my stang.....guess theres positive in everything! lol

Thanks Gil. Ive taken my stang to a few shops, and it seems nobody around here wants to touch the vinyl stripes. Im getting frusterated. I did find one gal that said she could do them but she quoted me 650 dollars. I think thats a little much considering i could get em painted on for 150 more. I want my stripes in gloss black 9 inches wide with a 1 inch gap. Three years ago, id have no problem getting the stripes on myself but i had a little mishap in april of 04 that sent me to a wheelchair. I cant put stripes on but i get great parking for my stang.....guess theres positive in everything! lol

I definitely know it could be frustating. I also did a lot of homework to get that going and it finally got done.

Good luck to you and just ask around your area and perhaps someone knows of a good stripe place.

• 3 weeks later...

I hate washing my car and turning around and its dirty but black is a great color combination with the stripes. If you have seen flying badger's blue with white stripes, its a fantastic combination. Please post pictures of your ride we would all love to see them.

I hate washing my car and turning around and its dirty but black is a great color combination with the stripes. If you have seen flying badger's blue with white stripes, its a fantastic combination. Please post pictures of your ride we would all love to see them.

I got my satin silver mustang done with black stripes 9 inches wide with a 1 inch gap. Im kinda undecided on if I like it or not. Im sure it would look better with a different hood.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q148/at...re/101_1468.jpg

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q148/at...re/101_1467.jpg

Archived