TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Powerlease law suit

34z28

That's what I was lead to believe too....but my dealer spoke to Andrew at SVT today and he said there was a 90 day window. I went over all the Powerlease information and it says that the lease ends on delivery of the [/b]new car. I am all paid through August, so I don't intend to pay another cent on the lease. I am beginning to think this whole powerlease was a joke. Even Ford Credit won't acknowledge it. Have you seen your Shelby yet? Today my dealer told me that mine was still sitting in Flat Rock awaiting to be assigned a rail car.

NO MY CAR ISN'T HERE YET !!! sorry PSDS, you know :fan:

Try and sell the car from under them, that way you can get out and

make someone happy? I don't know what else I can say, my wife bought

the TERMINATOR so that was not a problem for us...... but she only

has minor PSDS :hysterical: She just wants her car!!!!! Buy the other car 1st.,

then F:censored:K them when you give up the car, "you broke your deal with

me when I DID NOT get my car 1st" :rant:WHERES MY GT500

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest evilchris

Can't afford both. If anyone is interested in buying a Terminator in Excellent condition, just let me know. She only has 15,500 miles and I put new Goodyear F1 D3 tires on at 11,000. Change the oil every 2,000 miles.

If it was a vert I'd pay you $33k for it right now. Wife wants a Mystichrome term vert.

Guest evilchris

I don't think they made the MysticChrome in a Vert.

Back in 96 I tryed to get a Vert. in the Original Mystic,

and only hard tops made in this color :rant:

04 Mystichrome vert = 495 produced.

Mystichrome color-shifting paint; color-shifting leather interior trim (seat inserts and steering wheel); and chrome wheels. Available in either coupe or convertible body styles.

It was more like a 2500 dollar option package...

They told me the Lease could swing 3 months either way depending on when the 07 came out.

EveilChris, I will sell my non vert for 30k ;)

Ken

and how many 03 coupes were produced in mystichrome? or was that just an 04 thing? how many either way?

According to the letter I have from Ford, 1,010 Mystichrome Mustangs were produce in 2004. There were 500 Verts and 510 Coupes. As for the Mystichrome option, it cost $3,650 and included the color shifting paint, leather seat inserts, steering wheel trim, and chrome wheels. This put the grand total on my coupe at $38,850 when I bought it.

Went to the dealer, and they want to buy my Mystichrome, so that ends the bother of ending the powerlease. Also found out my car was sent to be striped today with a new ETA of August 8. Funny, they built it on June 30 and are just now striping it. Boy, Ford is really slow with these cars....sure hope it's worth the wait!

post-17-1153829522_thumb.jpg

post-17-1153829522_thumb.jpg

What's up with hijacking this thread?

bill0754 "Has anyone actually started a lawsuit against Ford for breech of contract?? "

Yes, papers have been filed with the court system in Texas.

I say have a class action lawsuit

What's up with hijacking this thread?

bill0754 "Has anyone actually started a lawsuit against Ford for breech of contract?? "

Yes, papers have been filed with the court system in Texas.

I figured someone would try. I won't sue Ford...they have enought worries, but I am a little dissapointed with the way they are handling this issue. Ford Credit acts as if the Powerlease never existed! How can a company be run this way? No wonder Ford is in such trouble...they can't even keep thier promise to 259 customers. You would think they would realize that these customers will be telling others, so they have a lot more to lose than just 259 buyers. Bad Customer Service has a way of killing lots of potential customers. I am just happy my dealer has decided to just buy my 2004 and forget about turning it into Ford to end the lease.

Ford Credit acts as if the Powerlease never existed! I am just happy my dealer has decided to just buy my 2004 and forget about turning it into Ford to end the lease.

What do you mean by this? You do have a copy of the lease agreement you signed? Are there terms in the lease agreement that they will not acknowledge exist? Does not surprise me dealing with Ford and thier convoluted way of thinking.

What do you mean by this? You do have a copy of the lease agreement you signed? Are there terms in the lease agreement that they will not acknowledge exist? Does not surprise me dealing with Ford and thier convoluted way of thinking.

My dealer contacted Ford Credit to get the information on turning in my PL car. They claim there is a 90 day window, so unless you have made at least 27 payments, you would have to pay the difference. Since I made 24, I would have to pay an additional $1,800 to terminate the lease. In ALL my orginal paperwork, it says that the lease expires as soon as the new car arrives. I am glad my dealer just wants to buy the car and saved me the hassle of fighting with Ford Credit. Amazing what a joke this PL became. My car still hasn't arrived!! But at least to day it was upgraded from "Produced - ETA 7/21" to "Released - ETA 8-7"! The only good thing that came of the PL...and it is a really good thing...was that I am only paying $1,000 over invoice.

Bill0745 -

Glad you got out of it OK. You're right, most of this has been painful. Glad we got the cars for good prices after all this.

Yes....all PL holders should at least get a good price......and we're still getting the cars sooner than most. Mine should be here within 2 weeks. If i were paying $10-20 thousand over sticker I would not be a very happy buyer. But at this price I am sure it will be worth the wait. What color/option did you order? I have the red coupe/white stripes/red int with all 3 options.

Bill -

Same color choices as you, only interior upgrade for other option. I posted on GT500 Arrivals thread.

I figured I'd get the 3...I heard the Shaker 1000 and it was excellent....not as bassy as the old Mach 1000 - which sounded aweful! As for Sirius Radio, how could I resist having a black cockroach on my trunk?

blue.oval.salesman I would suggest you reading the entire thread and then ask questions for clarification.

apparently you do not understand nor have you read what Ford agreed to in the powerlease otherwise you would not be asking the basic questions you are asking. Once again I recommend that you spend a few minuets reading the entire thread.

I am sure if you were a PL option holder your position would be different. Your attitude is exactly what I have been getting from Ford, SVT, and Ford Credit, total denial of responsibility, Ford is the victim, you should be happy we let you buy a Ford.

Sorry one PM with you will not undo 2 years of BS and empty promises from Ford.

blue.oval.salesman are you saying the Ford delivered on everything that Ford promised to PL option holders?

And I hope you lose and they come after you for a frivilous lawsuit!

Would like to see the real story on your car? Did you "yourself" purchase a new Cobra or Lightning between April 1st and June 30 of 2004?

Do you have proof you actually opted in for a PL?

What damage has it done to you?

How can you file suit without any proof of damage done?

When did you order your car?

If you actually ordered a Shelby under your PL did your regional manager put it in motion like he is supposed to? Did you get a accepted order on your DORA yet? If not I think you are jumping the gun and it is not FORDS fault.

Its people like you who are driving the costs up on Shelby's and Fords in general.

Are you sure you do not work @ Chebby Camero plant?

I can understand a bit of PSDS but think this is a bit overboard.

Your attny is not going to have a clue what to do and it will ending up costing you bunches of money vs asking members here for free how to proceed.

Would be interesting to see what the glitch actually is.

PM me if you would like. If one simple step was not done it will tie up your car.

I agree....there is no reason to sue Ford. Even if you don't get one of the first of the lines, you are getting a great price on one of the hottest cars on the market. Like I said, I would never sue them...just glad I got mine at $1,000 over invoice! I don't think anyone sueing will win....cause the PL says the next "Cobra" and since this is not a "Cobra" Ford could say it isn't in the parameters of the PL lease. It's called nitpicking, but that is the same as some of the PL users are doing when they are mad that they didn't get their cars first. I am just happy to get one of the Shelbys at a great deal.

Wow, some negativity now to us PL holders that are standing up for what we believe in and what Ford told us would happen.

If they deny the PL people because the 07 is not a Cobra then they have even more broken their promise and should refund everything that was put into the lease!

That is just the most ridiculous reason I have heard up until now for Ford breaking their written lease agreement.

I knew this would happen when I heard of dealerships all of a sudden playing dumb about PL and they had no clue why they were getting their first 500's ahead of others.

When it was told to me that a regional person only had 1 PL on order when I knew of at least 10 on order from the same region I knew us PL peeps were in big trouble.

Luckily due to what some have said on this board like five oh and that Texas dealership that said us PL'ers were going to get screwed over, I started my procedings early with proof from here.

Ford had the same problem with the Lightnings on the Powerlease and Ford made ammends to them. I am and will get the same or better ammends I can guarantee it.

I can guarantee you that if we missed a payment or didn't turn in the car or went over our miles we would be sued to Kingdom come. So why not the other way?

Fortunately for you and me Ford does not write the Laws nor can they change the ones they simply choose not to abide by. Obviously we do not see eye to eye on this given I do see numerous reason why Ford must be held to their contractual obligations. I am happy that you think you won the lottery but that does not make Ford correct in how this matter was handled.

The simple question is did Ford deliver on everything that was spelled out in the powerlease. If not there are grounds for a lawsuit, you do not have to agree or sue but where I live it is my right.

"bill0754 I would never sue them...just glad I got mine at $1,000 over invoice!" Never is a long time.... do you work for Ford or an affiliate of Ford?

I refuse to be a victim and let Ford step on me for their gain.

Fortunately for you and me Ford does not write the Laws nor can they change the ones they simply choose not to abide by. Obviously we do not see eye to eye on this given I do see numerous reason why Ford must be held to their contractual obligations. I am happy that you think you won the lottery but that does not make Ford correct in how this matter was handled.

The simple question is did Ford deliver on everything that was spelled out in the powerlease. If not there are grounds for a lawsuit, you do not have to agree or sue but where I live it is my right.

"bill0754 I would never sue them...just glad I got mine at $1,000 over invoice!" Never is a long time.... do you work for Ford or an affiliate of Ford?

I refuse to be a victim and let Ford step on me for their gain.

I don't really feel like a victim, though I do believe that Ford renigged on the original agreement....however, they a lot more money to beat a single buyer in court...so I don't think it would be worth the effort to sue them. As stupid as it seems, little things like "Cobra" vs "Shelby" could change the legal terms. The legal system always seems to have stupid little things like that to cause a case to be dropped. But as long as I am getting the car soon, I would rather enjoy the moment and not put up a fight. All I wanted is the next generation, and looks like I am getting one at a good price. Maybe not the very first, but close enough for me at this point. But, I do see the point other PL holders are saying, and if they wish to take this to court, I wish them all the best. In my opinion, the PL holders are right and Ford is wrong. But that is only my opinion.

Archived