TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Powerlease law suit

34z28

Have any other Powerlease holders filed a suit against Ford for failing to deliver on its contractual obligations that were spelled out by Ford for the Powerlease? I know there are many upset people that feel the powerlease was one of Fords biggest scams. Are PL people setting for just getting a car?

The biggest disappointment was PL holders were promised the FIRST cars off the assembly line which obviously did not happen and it became clear it was not going to happen when Ford open the order banks and started issuing VIN prior to sending out PL options. Fast Forward to today, we have seen many people start taking delivery of their prized possession and to my knowledge none have been PL holders.

YES PL holders were promised the first cars off the line see the attachment q&a "what is an option"

Being first was just one of the many, many obligations Ford failed to deliver.

post-2608-1152895941_thumb.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have any other Powerlease holders filed a suit against Ford for failing to deliver on its contractual obligations that were spelled out by Ford for the Powerlease? I know there are many upset people that feel the powerlease was one of Fords biggest scams. Are PL people setting for just getting a car?

The biggest disappointment was PL holders were promised the FIRST cars off the assembly line which obviously did not happen and it became clear it was not going to happen when Ford open the order banks and started issuing VIN prior to sending out PL options. Fast Forward to today, we have seen many people start taking delivery of their prized possession and to my knowledge none have been PL holders.

YES PL holders were promised the first cars off the line see the attachment q&a "what is an option"

Makes me almost wish I was a PL guy so I could file as well. I am sorry but these people(car makers) have to realize why they are in financial trouble, and lies are a big part of it.

That is not harsh, you are correct this does not even show up as a pimple on their butt and Fords attitude towards PL people defiantly reflects they do not care. Since there were only about 250-300 PL people, Ford would just assume take their chances that no one will pursue this matter and yes ford has bigger problems. How Ford handled the PL program is a glimpse into how Ford handles their business.

It is a big deal to me and should PISS OFF everyone that has/had a PL. PL people should be upset since they did not get what they paid for and the fact that Ford has the I do not care attitude about the PL situation. Ford can continue to run their business into the ground but that does not excuse them from meeting the contractual obligations.

Not to sound harsh, but in the big picture of Ford reorganizing this is a very small issue. :headscratch:

Kind of goes to the question of why they are reorganizing doesn't it? The fact is that in addition to financial issues, the company hasn't had product that people are willing to pay for. And these people paid for the highest premium car Ford had to offer for the exclusive right to ante up for another premium car. Goes to credibility, and the fact that as was stated, it is a relativly small fix, especailly as the part of the company that existed to do this job(SVT as a combined planning, engineering, and marketing entity) was dismantled, and is now having to be rebuilt. Seems like the company got caught in its lack of forsight, and as such should be forced to honor its contractual obligations. No matter how much money people are throwing at the issue. This should be Ford taking care of the very people it says it wants to attract as customers. Repeat buyers. Best of luck getting many PL people on board however as so many of us are in a market where the price paid for the car is varying by as much as 80% of the MSRP.

I'm wondering what kind of damages you think could be collected in a law suit such as this. Unfortunately, I don't think they could be responsible for much more than getting you the car since you can only sue for actual damages.

Any lawyers in the house?

Once agian, the BIGGEST PAIN is to know that I have been paying :rant:

for the right to be the 1ST( "FIRST" in Fords words)to have there Cobra (not Shelby)

I AM VERY UPSET, :rant: and have spoken to a lawyer about this.

But nothing can be done till all is siad and done! :rant:

I WILL BE HAPPY WHEN I GET MY COBRA,

but it doesn't deny the fact that Ford SCREWED ME :finger:

there is a guy in Palm Desert that allready has his Shelby

and HE IS NOT A POWERLEASE HOLDER :banghead:

WHAT GIVES

Well, we can start with what pre-sales of cars in March were going for vs what they went for in May when PL letters went out. There is a nice spreadsheet in these forums that has been tracking this for us. You can add Ford deliberately inhibited the PL owners ability to sell the option at an optimal price by severely limiting the amount of time one had to sell the option (less then 1 month) which made the option less valuable given the options were made available after the order banks were open and VIN were being release. You also have deceptive trade practices, in Texas that like stealing a horse, GET a ROPE...

These are just a few of the angles I am taking...

Well, we can start with what pre-sales of cars in March were going for vs what they went for in May when PL letters went out. There is a nice spreadsheet in these forums that has been tracking this for us. You can add Ford deliberately inhibited the PL owners ability to sell the option at an optimal price by severely limiting the amount of time one had to sell the option (less then 1 month) which made the option less valuable given the options were made available after the order banks were open and VIN were being release. You also have deceptive trade practices, in Texas that like stealing a horse, GET a ROPE...

I called the customer service 800 number for Ford today. The lady I spoke with admitted she was reading from a one page script that had not been updated for a while. When I asked for another number I could call she said she did not have one because she was located in Florida and really did not work for Ford. She said Ford outsources it's customer service to her company so they do not have to do it.

Makes you feel real important as a customer doesn't it.

msdcobra

Keep me up to date and I will do the same !!!!! :rant:

I am supposed to get mine by Mon. 7/17/06, :rant:

but I don't think thats happening :fan:

especially sence no else has gotten theirs :censored:

I called the customer service 800 number for Ford today. The lady I spoke with admitted she was reading from a one page script that had not been updated for a while. When I asked for another number I could call she said she did not have one because she was located in Florida and really did not work for Ford. She said Ford outsources it's customer service to her company so they do not have to do it.

Makes you feel real important as a customer doesn't it.

msdcobra

msdCobra,

are you a PL holder? If so, we all need to get togther on this....$600mo. for 1st. right.. :censored: .

THATS WHAT WE WERE PROMISED :rant: It's not bad enough that I have PSDS :shift:

Once agian, the BIGGEST PAIN is to know that I have been paying :rant:

for the right to be the 1ST( "FIRST" in Fords words)to have there Cobra (not Shelby)

I AM VERY UPSET, :rant: and have spoken to a lawyer about this.

But nothing can be done till all is siad and done! :rant:

I WILL BE HAPPY WHEN I GET MY COBRA,

but it doesn't deny the fact that Ford SCREWED ME :finger:

there is a guy in Palm Desert that allready has his Shelby

and HE IS NOT A POWERLEASE HOLDER :banghead:

WHAT GIVES

It's entirely possible that the guy in Palm Desert is entitled to this car. :shrug:

Take this example;

Suppose some powerlease holder sold his letter to a dealer for, lets say $10,000.

The dealer then orders a Shelby with the powerlease letter.

The dealer then sells the Shelby for $25,000 over MSRP or to the highest bidder.

The highest bidder was John Doe in Pam Desert and now he already has his Shelby!

This could very well be the case. :shrug:

Keep me up to date and I will do the same !!!!! :rant:

I am supposed to get mine by Mon. 7/17/06, :rant:

but I don't think thats happening :fan:

especially sence no else has gotten theirs :censored:

msdCobra,

are you a PL holder? If so, we all need to get togther on this....$600mo. for 1st. right.. :censored: .

THATS WHAT WE WERE PROMISED :rant: It's not bad enough that I have PSDS :shift:

As PL holder, I am a little disappointed not to have one of the first ones, but I am getting mine for $1,000 over invoice which is a great deal. It's supposed to arrive this coming Thursday...we'll see. I am also paying $600 for my 2004 Mystichrome Cobra, but I have to say, it has been an awesome car. I even hate to see it go!! So yes, some PL holders may be a little dismayed, but they are not only getting a new car at a great price, but also got to enjoy the "Terminator" Cobras for 2 years.

Yes, I am a PL holder and there are plenty on lawyers willing to take on Ford, my suit has already been filed with the district court. All you have to do is have a valid case and you can find a lawyer. I have sent letters to everyone and their mom within Ford for the past 2 years. So there is no need to be upset TwinTurboBoss I am not insinuating anything.

TwinTurboBoss do you read what you write? you would get upset over someone posting a question and not get upset when Ford does not deliver on 99% of the items spelled out in the PL. I guessing back when the Cobra did not deliver the advertised HP you were the guy that said I am happy to have a car..

Yes, I do think Ford knowingly withheld options to allow dealers and others to get in line first, Yes, Ford knowingly refused to provide any information for 2 years on the status and YES, PL hold are not getting cars 1-xxx for starters. So to your point just sell the option if you are not happy, that is really the issue if I had the option as promised, 6 month before job 1 the value of that option would have been much higher then when they were given out in May.

I think the point on cars being delivered is there are people on this board that have cars that are not PL holders while PL people are still waiting. The PL holders were to get cars 1-xxx. So yes, the palm desert car could be a PL car but there are many non PL cars that have been delivered in front of PL cars.

The original post was to see if anyone else is pursuing this matter through legal channels.

It's entirely possible that the guy in Palm Desert is entitled to this car. :shrug:

Take this example;

Suppose some powerlease holder sold his letter to a dealer for, lets say $10,000.

The dealer then orders a Shelby with the powerlease letter.

The dealer then sells the Shelby for $25,000 over MSRP or to the highest bidder.

The highest bidder was John Doe in Pam Desert and now he already has his Shelby!

This could very well be the case. :shrug:

gt500hp,

The dealership did not even know what a Powerlease was!!!!!!!!!

And I spoke with the G.M. so thats not true in this case. :rant:

I am so very glad to have the opportunity to get it just above invoice :happy feet:

but it does not deny the fact that Ford did not stay loyel to us :shrug:

What I don't understand is "WHY" It's a contract? :finger:

I'm sure having the nane "SHELBY" on it made everybody at Ford want one!!!

I love my "TERMINATOR" and have already bought it, "BUT I'M 1ST" :nonono:

Thats how they talked me into this... would Ford feel the same if I FLAKED on a deal :do what:

THATS ENOUGH P.S.D.S. KICKING IN :wacko:

Yes, I do think Ford knowingly withheld options to allow dealers and others to get in line first, Yes, Ford knowingly refused to provide any information for 2 years on the status and YES, PL hold are not getting cars 1-xxx for starters. So to your point just sell the option if you are not happy, that is really the issue if I had the option as promised, 6 month before job 1 the value of that option would have been much higher then when they were given out in May.

I'm a PL holder. I repeatedly called SVT in the two-odd years between when I got the '04 and when I ordered the '07. The clear cut case that Ford withheld the options intentionally and forced us to act in a short time is that the content of the PowerLease Option letter did not contain the same language as the original PowerLease brochures. There was no discussion of 'first in line', nor of the car not being tied to a specific dealer's allocation. They gave the impression the PL orders would be manually pushed to the head of the line, but that clearly did not happen. In general, in reading the letter (actually sent out well after the Order Banks opened) you wouldn't easily connect that the PL promises two years before and the letter were related - that Ford was recognizing and fulfilling its obligation. If that letter had been sent ONLY one and a half years late, most PL folks would have been at their dealer's front door the day the Order Banks opened obviating much of this ill will. Or sold the option to someone else who'd have done the same thing. I believe that uncertainty did reduce the option's value, but I wouldn't guess how much.

I paid on a lease car I didn't need for over two years (my '01 Cobra I traded in on the '04 was paid off). I really like the '04, and it'll be hard to trade it back in. But Ford made the offer and specifically couched it in words like 'have your cake and eat it too'. So I don't feel guilty or overly appreciative. Let's face it, they had a lot of cars languishing on the dealer's lots that they needed to move because folks were looking forward to the '05s. Ford did not offer the PowerLease out of boundless altruism. It was a business deal that made sense to them. They have now changed the terms that they, themselves, set. If I had unilaterally changed my lease terms, you know full well what would have happened.

The fact that we got a good deal that others would like to have now, with the benefit of hindsight, is irrelevant to me. I'm glad I did, but have been paying on it for over two years. I made the decision because it looked like a good deal due to ALL the terms included, not just the one that provided a car.

I am more angry than some PL holders, less than others. I think Ford was betting that we'll forgive and forget once we get the car. I think they are underestimating the ill feelings they have generated in a least some folks. They have not done the right or honorable thing. They still have time to recoup some of their lost trust equity if they act soon.

FWIW, yes I wrote to Bill Ford last week. No, I don't think he'll read it himself. But maybe, if enough folks do the same, it could help. I've also written CNN and Autoweek some time back as well as the Federal Trade Commission with little measurable effect on Global Warming, World Hunger, or Ford's conscience. I have not ruled out legal action yet, but am waiting a little longer before pursuing that avenue. It should not have to come to that, that's the bottom line. What it would take to fix it monetarily is, of course, more of an individual perception.

I'm a PL holder. I repeatedly called SVT in the two-odd years between when I got the '04 and when I ordered the '07. The clear cut case that Ford withheld the options intentionally and forced us to act in a short time is that the content of the PowerLease Option letter did not contain the same language as the original PowerLease brochures. There was no discussion of 'first in line', nor of the car not being tied to a specific dealer's allocation. They gave the impression the PL orders would be manually pushed to the head of the line, but that clearly did not happen. In general, in reading the letter (actually sent out well after the Order Banks opened) you wouldn't easily connect that the PL promises two years before and the letter were related - that Ford was recognizing and fulfilling its obligation. If that letter had been sent ONLY one and a half years late, most PL folks would have been at their dealer's front door the day the Order Banks opened obviating much of this ill will. Or sold the option to someone else who'd have done the same thing. I believe that uncertainty did reduce the option's value, but I wouldn't guess how much.

I paid on a lease car I didn't need for over two years (my '01 Cobra I traded in on the '04 was paid off). I really like the '04, and it'll be hard to trade it back in. But Ford made the offer and specifically couched it in words like 'have your cake and eat it too'. So I don't feel guilty or overly appreciative. Let's face it, they had a lot of cars languishing on the dealer's lots that they needed to move because folks were looking forward to the '05s. Ford did not offer the PowerLease out of boundless altruism. It was a business deal that made sense to them. They have now changed the terms that they, themselves, set. If I had unilaterally changed my lease terms, you know full well what would have happened.

The fact that we got a good deal that others would like to have now, with the benefit of hindsight, is irrelevant to me. I'm glad I did, but have been paying on it for over two years. I made the decision because it looked like a good deal due to ALL the terms included, not just the one that provided a car.

I am more angry than some PL holders, less than others. I think Ford was betting that we'll forgive and forget once we get the car. I think they are underestimating the ill feelings they have generated in a least some folks. They have not done the right or honorable thing. They still have time to recoup some of their lost trust equity if they act soon.

FWIW, yes I wrote to Bill Ford last week. No, I don't think he'll read it himself. But maybe, if enough folks do the same, it could help. I've also written CNN and Autoweek some time back as well as the Federal Trade Commission with little measurable effect on Global Warming, World Hunger, or Ford's conscience. I have not ruled out legal action yet, but am waiting a little longer before pursuing that avenue. It should not have to come to that, that's the bottom line. What it would take to fix it monetarily is, of course, more of an individual perception.

3 cobras,

I AM AS ANGRY AS YOU, but it has done no good :rant:

My delivery date will be tomarrow 7/17/06 but dealer doesn't know :fan:

I too am waiting and will call Andrew@SVT agian :doh:

My wife has and will continue to write Bill Ford.... :poke: ... hopefully

we will be done right in the end :party:

3 cobras,

I AM AS ANGRY AS YOU, but it has done no good :rant:

My delivery date will be tomarrow 7/17/06 but dealer doesn't know :fan:

I too am waiting and will call Andrew@SVT agian :doh:

My wife has and will continue to write Bill Ford.... :poke: ... hopefully

we will be done right in the end :party:

It's funny, all of the PL holders, me included, are a little upset about not getting the cars first. Mine is supposed to arrive on Thursday. I am actually concerned about turning in the '04. The lease was written for 30 months, and I still have 5 payments. Will they terminate it as originally agreed....or make me pay it off? Also, found out my GT500 was built on June 30....so what is taking so long to delivery it? No wonder Ford is in so much trouble....they build them, and never ship them!! Makes it kind of hard to sell them this way!

SC2004arispe, you may want to change your signature "2007 ebony/tung. Shelby Cobra Vert.( 1 of 1st. 254 ) PL holder<MSRP!" :banghead:

Maybe:

2007 ebony/tung. Shelby Vert.(1 of 1st. 10,000) PL holder<MSRP

I guess you might have a shot of still being one of the first 254 verts? :happy feet:

My delivery date will be tomarrow 7/17/06 but dealer doesn't know

Not only does your dealer not know this, I'll bet Ford doesn't either. Mine was built and released from the plant 6/27 and due to dealer from 7/7 until 7/14. Wow! That was yesterday! I'd better call the dealer! NOT. The railroad hasn't even picked it up yet - I have that on good authority.

Maybe Ford will ultimately make things right. Does anyone have ANY examples of that happening?

About the lease end, I got a package in the mail from Ford Credit, but it's a generic lease-end package. You'll have to call them to set up the termination. Of course that depends on the new car being done . . . .

SC2004arispe, you may want to change your signature "2007 ebony/tung. Shelby Cobra Vert.( 1 of 1st. 254 ) PL holder<MSRP!" :banghead:

Maybe:

2007 ebony/tung. Shelby Vert.(1 of 1st. 10,000) PL holder<MSRP

I guess you might have a shot of still being one of the first 254 verts? :happy feet:

Like I said, no one will know for sure what # you got till end of prodution. :fan:

And as for being one of the 1st of ????? Well, can't you let me think it? :cry:

After all Ford did promise me it would be produced 1st :hysterical:

Like I said, no one will know for sure what # you got till end of prodution. :fan:

And as for being one of the 1st of ????? Well, can't you let me think it? :cry:

After all Ford did promise me it would be produced 1st :hysterical:

But then again, being a Vert. WHO KNOWS :banghead:

OK you have 1 of 1st 254 cars.

Come to think of it that is exactly what Ford will end up telling you, (Ford Rep) Sure you have one of the first 254 cars, we just took extra time with PL cars. At Ford we were so concern about our PL customers we made sure the cars were perfect so we kept them a little longer then the regular GT500's that anyone could get.

• 2 weeks later...

Ford is trying to pull a new one on me. Now they are saying there is only a 90 day window on Powerlease holders current lease. I have made 24 payments, so they are telling me I have to make another $1800 in payments to pay off the lease. No where in the original paperwork was there mention of a 90 day window. Plus, my car was built on June 30 and it is STILL in Michigan!! So much for getting one of the first cars. Has anyone actually started a lawsuit against Ford for breech of contract?? :sos:

Ford is trying to pull a new one on me. Now they are saying there is only a 90 day window on Powerlease holders current lease. I have made 24 payments, so they are telling me I have to make another $1800 in payments to pay off the lease. No where in the original paperwork was there mention of a 90 day window. Plus, my car was built on June 30 and it is STILL in Michigan!! So much for getting one of the first cars. Has anyone actually started a lawsuit against Ford for breech of contract?? :sos:

Looks like you may be the first one. :fan:

I have 2 payments left on my PL. I will be making them both when my next payment is due. So this damn thing better be here by then is all Im sayin'.

My contract was from the begining til Sept. 14th 06, And no I do NOT want to keep the yellow bomb (my buddies dads nickname for the Terminator) for another month after that.

Looks like you may be the first one. :fan:

My dealer is going to see if he has a buyer on my Mystichrome Coupe. Since it only has 15,500 miles, he thinks the dealership will buy the lease out if Ford won't end it. I think my payoff is about $25,900

WHY WOULD YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT SELLING YOUR TERMINATOR :doh:

Can't afford both. If anyone is interested in buying a Terminator in Excellent condition, just let me know. She only has 15,500 miles and I put new Goodyear F1 D3 tires on at 11,000. Change the oil every 2,000 miles.

Bill0754,

Read your contract carefully. :headscratch: I am sure that the lease was till

the 07 was delivered to you. DID NOT MATTER how many months on lease,

the lease end was at new car delivery!!! I asked all these questions

before I signed :do what:

Hey....... maybe thats why they have held back our cars..

wait I already bought mine... WHERE'S MY GT500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill0754,

Read your contract carefully. :headscratch: I am sure that the lease was till

the 07 was delivered to you. DID NOT MATTER how many months on lease,

the lease end was at new car delivery!!! I asked all these questions

before I signed :do what:

Hey....... maybe thats why they have held back our cars..

wait I already bought mine... WHERE'S MY GT500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's what I was lead to believe too....but my dealer spoke to Andrew at SVT today and he said there was a 90 day window. I went over all the Powerlease information and it says that the lease ends on delivery of the new car. I am all paid through August, so I don't intend to pay another cent on the lease. I am beginning to think this whole powerlease was a joke. Even Ford Credit won't acknowledge it. Have you seen your Shelby yet? Today my dealer told me that mine was still sitting in Flat Rock awaiting to be assigned a rail car.

Archived