TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Interest Rate on Shelby GT

njcycleguy

Sorry if this has been covered and asked, but when I searched for Interest Rate or Interest Rates, I got no responses.

Anyone know if the 2.9% financing rate applies to the Shelby GT? Or if the Shelby GT has to be financed at the regular 6.9% rate?

Dude I want some of what you are smoking!!!

NO SPECIAL FIN RATE ON LIMITED PRODUCTION Units.

(I show personal rate of 7.85% for 720+ credit score. tier 0) FMCC

randy

Sorry if this has been covered and asked, but when I searched for Interest Rate or Interest Rates, I got no responses.

Anyone know if the 2.9% financing rate applies to the Shelby GT? Or if the Shelby GT has to be financed at the regular 6.9% rate?

you can get a 5.9 % at land mark credit union or a chase bank

Dude I want some of what you are smoking!!!

NO SPECIAL FIN RATE ON LIMITED PRODUCTION Units.

(I show personal rate of 7.85% for 720+ credit score. tier 0) FMCC

randy

Some of what I'm smokin'? Not everyone's high all the time, partner.. I wasn't claiming I could get a 2.9% rate, just asking what was available.. my dealer wasn't sure and was waiting for his Ford Rep to call him back on it.. since they didn't know.. we subsequently found out what has already been mentioned, that the car won't finance at any promotional rate through FMCC..

In any event, it's obvious some have gotten lower rates, so I guess it's time to shop.. thanks to those who offered the valuable input!

When I called my dealer (Northern Calif), I live in Missouri they were having a presidents day special

You get what is in effect where you register the car, not where you buy it. It's possible there was a promotion, but what probably happened was he looked at the incentive grid instead of running the vin through the computer, and gave you the Mustang GT rate. His problem not yours. If he made a mistake Ford will charge back the dealer for the interest you should have paid.

Some of what I'm smokin'? Not everyone's high all the time, partner.. I wasn't claiming I could get a 2.9% rate, just asking what was available.. my dealer wasn't sure and was waiting for his Ford Rep to call him back on it.. since they didn't know.. we subsequently found out what has already been mentioned, that the car won't finance at any promotional rate through FMCC..

I'm sorry remind me again what good dealers are? I know, I know, all you salespeople will remind me you can't possibly know the Ford finance terms and rules, just like you can't be expected to know anything about special cars like the Shelby GT, etc., I would either revamp my sales team training or fire the whole lot, if my sales team was this weak in product and process knowledge. For every good salesperson I meet 9 incredibly bad sales people...just think, all this and a hefty ADM!

You get what is in effect where you register the car, not where you buy it. It's possible there was a promotion, but what probably happened was he looked at the incentive grid instead of running the vin through the computer, and gave you the Mustang GT rate. His problem not yours. If he made a mistake Ford will charge back the dealer for the interest you should have paid.

Matt, I was able to finance my car for a 6% rate for 72 months with my local bank and I can deduct the interest off my taxes because it's in the form of a home equity loan. I am a 25 year customer and simply asked them what they could do for me. They said because of my credit status and long term relationship they were willing to work with me. Before that the best rate in my area was 7.09 for 66 months with a .25% increase for each 6 month period above 66 months. Dave - IASHELBYGT

• 2 weeks later...

In any event, it's obvious some have gotten lower rates, so I guess it's time to shop.. thanks to those who offered the valuable input!

SORRY I was just trying to be funny. I have NEVER touched the stuff myself. And I did add the current Ford Rate in my post. Credit Unions are a great way to go.

Again SORRY randy

Archived