TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fitment of CS6 Fascia?

GTS6

Hey everybody, Great looking cars showing up on here!! I ordered my CS6 Fascia in June of 06, I got it in November of 06. My car has been parked for the winter and now its out of the garage at the installer. Ive got a few questions about the fascia. When any of you got your fascias, were they covered in a silicone type residue? Howd you get that completely off before prep and paint? Did anybody have trouble fitting the brackets into the upper corners of the fascias? These are the brackets that hold the front clearance lights and also fit the top of the fascia to the fenders. The bracket that goes on the passenger side of my fascia dropped right in but the one on the driver side, well, its off by over an inch, its definetly not going to fit. Thinking that was our only point of trouble, the bumper was fit on the car and the lower part of the fascia bows out, it doesnt fit nicely like the ones ive seen in the posts on here?

Has anybody else had any trouble with their fascias? I waited way too long for this to have it wrong.

Hey everybody, Great looking cars showing up on here!! I ordered my CS6 Fascia in June of 06, I got it in November of 06. My car has been parked for the winter and now its out of the garage at the installer. Ive got a few questions about the fascia. When any of you got your fascias, were they covered in a silicone type residue? Howd you get that completely off before prep and paint? Did anybody have trouble fitting the brackets into the upper corners of the fascias? These are the brackets that hold the front clearance lights and also fit the top of the fascia to the fenders. The bracket that goes on the passenger side of my fascia dropped right in but the one on the driver side, well, its off by over an inch, its definetly not going to fit. Thinking that was our only point of trouble, the bumper was fit on the car and the lower part of the fascia bows out, it doesnt fit nicely like the ones ive seen in the posts on here?

Has anybody else had any trouble with their fascias? I waited way too long for this to have it wrong.

You have to shave the lower part of the foam that is behind the bumper to get the fascia to fit right. See lower part of foam in picture:

06012.jpg

You have to shave the lower part of the foam that is behind the bumper to get the fascia to fit right. See lower part of foam in picture:

06012.jpg

Hmmm I don't suppose it's a good thing that those foam peices and 2 plastic peices where sitting in my trunk after I picked up my car.....I think I have a phone call or two to make.

Can Somebody at Shelby help me with this fitment issue? Ive called and left messages, Ive had somebody else call. We were told that a technitian would get ahold of us. Nobody has called back. I waited a long time for this part, I was told all along that the delay was because they were trying to get the fascia to fit perfectly. I patiently waited because I trusted I would get a perfect part. I got my front fascia and now it doesnt fit!!

The issue is not because of the foam trim on the bumper, it is where the signal/clearance light fits into the bumper. The brackets that go behind the fascia do not fit like they are supposed to fit!

My name is Tom, I can be contacted at 208 772 3042, Or give me a contact that I can call for further advise.

Thank you in advance.

Can Somebody at Shelby help me with this fitment issue? Ive called and left messages, Ive had somebody else call. We were told that a technitian would get ahold of us. Nobody has called back. I waited a long time for this part, I was told all along that the delay was because they were trying to get the fascia to fit perfectly. I patiently waited because I trusted I would get a perfect part. I got my front fascia and now it doesnt fit!!

The issue is not because of the foam trim on the bumper, it is where the signal/clearance light fits into the bumper. The brackets that go behind the fascia do not fit like they are supposed to fit!

My name is Tom, I can be contacted at 208 772 3042, Or give me a contact that I can call for further advise.

Thank you in advance.

Mine came with the silicon substance on it as well and the bodyshop had to do some extra prep work to get it off. As far as the marker supports, my bodyshop did not use them, not sure how they attached them. As far as a perfect fit my fascia is not a perfect fit either. The bodyshop didn't give it as much attention as I would have liked and I have since played with it and got pretty close. Generally most aftermarket parts don't fit 100% perfect. I hope you get your answers.

I was told by Jason at Hillbank that all you have to do is take it to the car wash and use the engine cleaner setting and it will remove this coating so the body shop will not have to do extra prep work. I did this when I received it and did not have extra body shop charges. Hope this helps

Hey everybody, I finally got ahold of a tech at Shelby. Those 2 plastic brackets off the stock bumper dont need to be used. Your supposed to use a couple sheet metal screws to fasten the clearance lights to the bumper...its as simple as that....I guess its not too over engineered. As far as the residue, a scotchbrite pad with some comet cleanser will work to get that off!! Im pretty excited, things are finally on a roll. I appreciate all the feedback ive gotten on here.

Archived