TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Help

glhs107_merged

Help please.....I am thinking about obtaining the supercharger and have been working with John at SAI who has been great. I am trying to work it so the modifications can be done when the car arrives at SAI from the factory.....my dealer is telling me this can not be done. The car must 1st be delivered to the dealer and then to me. Thus, I would need to ship the car back to Vegas which would add additional time and expense. How does this work? Has anyone worked through this with their dealer? If yes, can you explain the process please?

Help please.....I am thinking about obtaining the supercharger and have been working with John at SAI who has been great. I am trying to work it so the modifications can be done when the car arrives at SAI from the factory.....my dealer is telling me this can not be done. The car must 1st be delivered to the dealer and then to me. Thus, I would need to ship the car back to Vegas which would add additional time and expense. How does this work? Has anyone worked through this with their dealer? If yes, can you explain the process please?

Humm...that's different than what my dealer has said. He set my price for the car, on the purchase order, to a minimum amount. Which equaled the Ford invoice and the standard Shelby invoice. it's my understanding that there are are two invoices the dealer gets. One from Ford and one from Shelby. The dealer may be scared that you're adding a BIG cost to the car and could walk away. I'm just looking at adding the CS6 hood and spoiler so maybe my dealer wasn't so skittish as they are ultimately at risk? I'll let someone that's actually gone through the process or someone from SAI answer but if you are sure of your financing etc., that can all be done in advance or you could opt for a larger deposit to ally their fears. I've got to think there is a process for this and suspect it's just another in a long line of misunderstandings and miscommunication between Ford and its dealers. :-(

From what I understand....and don't quote me......SAI mods are paid directly to SAI. The car is then modified to your specs and shipped to your local Ford dealer, with one exception:

If you opt for the Supercharger, you have to arrange for one of two things:

1) Take delivery at SAI in Las Vegas (very cool, IMO);

2) Pay an extremely reasonable $500 to have it shipped direct to your door (in the contiguous lower 48 states).

The reason being that since the S/C is an aftermarket mod it cannot be delivered to your local Ford dealer.

This is my understanding, but I would call SAI directly for confirmation on this. Hope this helps, and congratulations! Post pics when you get 'em!

From what I understand....and don't quote me......SAI mods are paid directly to SAI. The car is then modified to your specs and shipped to your local Ford dealer, with one exception:

If you opt for the Supercharger, you have to arrange for one of two things:

1) Take delivery at SAI in Las Vegas (very cool, IMO);

2) Pay an extremely reasonable $500 to have it shipped direct to your door (in the contiguous lower 48 states).

The reason being that since the S/C is an aftermarket mod it cannot be delivered to your local Ford dealer.

This is my understanding, but I would call SAI directly for confirmation on this. Hope this helps, and congratulations! Post pics when you get 'em!

Thanks for the input......it sounds as though I would need to actually purchase the car from the dealer with out taking delivery and then have the modifications done and pay SAI directly & along with payment for the car to be shipped. I will float this out to the dealer.....however, up to this point I am getting a firm "no" which is further reinforced with not providing me with the V.I.N. number. Amy, if you happen to read this ...I would like your opinion on the best approach. Ultimately, this should work for all of the parties involved (SAI, dealer & customer).....if anyone has been through the process please jump in and advise.

I echo Crispy's last line about calling SAI but here was my process:

Right from the begining I told my salesperson that I wanted to pick the car up at SAI and I was going to have options put on the car. My saleseperson was great. She called several time and received the same information I did and she was also setting it up for me.

As soon as my car was given a VIN we both called SAI and told them that I was going to do the Museum delivery. My car was then flagged so it wouldn't accidentally get loaded onto a truck. I recommend calling the first minute you can after you get a VIN. I know of one customer who didn't call soon enough and their car was shipped. Talk about bitter sweet.

My salesperson also told them I was going to have Shelby options installed. She was told I would have to have the car purchased before any modifications. I wasn't doubting her but when I called to talk about my ideas this did come up. It was sort of sounded like a wobbler that I had to legally own the car or just be committed to the car. It does make a lot more sense that the car has to be purchased. Two weeks ago I purchased the vehicle.

After purchase my dealer called and sent emails that the car was mine and had been purchased. I also called and sent emails to the same fact. I talked to SAI today about my modifications. My car has been turned into a Shelby GT and is awaiting supercharger and wheels.

I hope this helped. Ask any other specific questions I may have missed and I will try my best to answer. However, I strongly suggest calling SAI especially if you have a VIN.

I echo Crispy's last line about calling SAI but here was my process:

Right from the begining I told my salesperson that I wanted to pick the car up at SAI and I was going to have options put on the car. My saleseperson was great. She called several time and received the same information I did and she was also setting it up for me.

As soon as my car was given a VIN we both called SAI and told them that I was going to do the Museum delivery. My car was then flagged so it wouldn't accidentally get loaded onto a truck. I recommend calling the first minute you can after you get a VIN. I know of one customer who didn't call soon enough and their car was shipped. Talk about bitter sweet.

My salesperson also told them I was going to have Shelby options installed. She was told I would have to have the car purchased before any modifications. I wasn't doubting her but when I called to talk about my ideas this did come up. It was sort of sounded like a wobbler that I had to legally own the car or just be committed to the car. It does make a lot more sense that the car has to be purchased. Two weeks ago I purchased the vehicle.

After purchase my dealer called and sent emails that the car was mine and had been purchased. I also called and sent emails to the same fact. I talked to SAI today about my modifications. My car has been turned into a Shelby GT and is awaiting supercharger and wheels.

I hope this helped. Ask any other specific questions I may have missed and I will try my best to answer. However, I strongly suggest calling SAI especially if you have a VIN.

Grats Socal!! Man I still don't have a VIN...you have to do a review of the car and take some pictures when you get it!!!

B)

Archived