TEAM SHELBY FORUM

shelby gt drag racing prep

usndvr79_merged

I plan on dragging my shelby gt once a month. Can anyone shed some light on what wheel and tire size can fit under the wheel wells? I have used dirt track tires in the past. They are sticky and only 60 - 80 per tire. I would like a dot tire so i can change it at home and drive the 10 minutes to my local track. I would also like a line lock for roll control. I am not up on modern mustangs, only vintage. the car is a shelby gt with a SC.

One other thing...any racers out there that can reccomend any mods needed when you add a paxton SC? I mean things like radiator, fuel pump, etc... I need some advice. Thanks in advance.

I plan on dragging my shelby gt once a month. Can anyone shed some light on what wheel and tire size can fit under the wheel wells? I have used dirt track tires in the past. They are sticky and only 60 - 80 per tire. I would like a dot tire so i can change it at home and drive the 10 minutes to my local track. I would also like a line lock for roll control. I am not up on modern mustangs, only vintage. the car is a shelby gt with a SC.

One other thing...any racers out there that can reccomend any mods needed when you add a paxton SC? I mean things like radiator, fuel pump, etc... I need some advice. Thanks in advance.

Ok....here goes. Wheels - contact either Bogart Wheels or Holeshot Wheels for your drag wheel fix. Both companies have wheels set up correctly for these cars. Very light and very good looking. Not sure of Bogart's site but here is Holeshot: www.holeshotwheels.com

Tires - I really wouldn't trust the dirt track tires. Either Mickey Thompson Drag Radials or BFGoodrich Drag Radials will be your best bet. The M/T tires are <bleep> near slicks and hook just like them.

Line-Lock - a company called Piedmont Mustang Performance has a complete bolt-in line-lock kit that requires no cutting, flaring or bending. Here is a link to the page on their site that features the kit:

http://www.pmpparts.com/index.php?main_pag...products_id=187

Another fine company with all the chassis and suspension components you will need is BMR Fabrication. Control arms, springs, shocks, subframe connectors, driveshaft loops....just about everything.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/2005Mustang.htm

Supercharger accessories - typically the supercharger company can give you a full list of what you will need to support the added horsepower. Most kits come with just about everything you need anyway. Paxton is one company but ATI Procharger and Vortech also make very good kits.

Don't forget good, mechanical gauges so you can keep tabs on your engine. You might also want to check into Brisk Spark Plugs. They are marketing several heat ranges for supercharged and N/A engines. Also, several heat ranges with the ability to adjust the spark gap!!! What else..........headers perhaps. Lots of choices out there. Bassani and Kooks come to mind. Even Ford Racing shorties would help. Also check out the hand-held tuners from SCT and Diablosport.

Good Luck!

Archived