TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood Scoop

BlackSVO

I just got through looking at the photos of the Shelby GT production in the gallery section. I was highly disapointed when I say the pics with the same tacked on hood scope from the show car. I was hoping that the show car hood was a preproduction piece, but obviously not. The production scoop just looks like a tacked on after thought not at all worthy of a production car.

Just cause it looked good on a small two seat convertible race car in the 60's doesn't mean it will look good on a car today. I would have thought it would have been more appropriate to mimic the scoop on a '65-'66 GT350 since that is what the Shelby GT is more akin to.

....unless you don't want this car to be confused with a future GT350.

I don't like the look either. The CS hood is the #1 option on my wish list.

Everything is a matter of taste, I get calls everyday from people wanting to buy the scoop. It does pay homage to the original 289 and 427 cobras, but if thats not your style, you can upgrade. Personally, I dont like the original 350 hood and this car is not meant to be a newer Gt350, it is a Shelby Gt.

Amy

Everything is a matter of taste, I get calls everyday from people wanting to buy the scoop. It does pay homage to the original 289 and 427 cobras, but if thats not your style, you can upgrade. Personally, I dont like the original 350 hood and this car is not meant to be a newer Gt350, it is a Shelby Gt.

Amy

yeah, count me in! CS Hood for me! It's true that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and we all have our preference. In fact I'm sure had SAI used the CS hood people would complain about that too! Like this forum! I HATE the black! You can't see your cursor! Ok...as for the car. As I said, put the CS hood on, put the rear deck spoiler back, on or the GT500 one, and allow people to order the silver rims with the black car. The wheels alone moved me to go with white. Of course this is just me and as Amy points out...something I can change. :rolleyes:

For the forum, if you don't like the black there is a blue and white alternative. Select it at the bottom of just about any page in the forum and you'll see it in a different way.

Sorry to get off-topic...

I just got through looking at the photos of the Shelby GT production in the gallery section. I was highly disapointed when I say the pics with the same tacked on hood scope from the show car. I was hoping that the show car hood was a preproduction piece, but obviously not. The production scoop just looks like a tacked on after thought not at all worthy of a production car.

Hey, I am REALLY into understanding the process, so forgive me if I'm wrong, but I love trying to figure out the journey these cars make and how they are put together. For example the dealer ebay fiasco where the car went to the dealer and not SAI showed me that the cars ship from Ford with the side scoops and front and rear fascia. This was before I looked at the SAI pics. But looking at those pictures it seems the cars arrive with the hoods ready to go leaning against the wall. It looks as though Shelby prepares the hoods in advance and does a quick unbolt-bolt/adjust to each car. Meaning the hood your car shipped from Ford with is pulled and a hood already modified is installed. I'm sure then the pulled hood and sent over to be updated and stocked for later installation in another car.

Now, if I'm right, this is a cool way to reduce cost and move cars though faster. You can have team do nothing but stripe and modify hoods.

Oh wait...shoot, there is a picture of a car with stripes and no hood! <bleep>...there goes that theory!

Any chance SAI could document the process? It would be cool to know what the workflow is!

Hey, I am REALLY into understanding the process, so forgive me if I'm wrong, but I love trying to figure out the journey these cars make and how they are put together. For example the dealer ebay fiasco where the car went to the dealer and not SAI showed me that the cars ship from Ford with the side scoops and front and rear fascia. This was before I looked at the SAI pics. But looking at those pictures it seems the cars arrive with the hoods ready to go leaning against the wall. It looks as though Shelby prepares the hoods in advance and does a quick unbolt-bolt/adjust to each car. Meaning the hood your car shipped from Ford with is pulled and a hood already modified is installed. I'm sure then the pulled hood and sent over to be updated and stocked for later installation in another car.

Now, if I'm right, this is a cool way to reduce cost and move cars though faster. You can have team do nothing but stripe and modify hoods.

Oh wait...shoot, there is a picture of a car with stripes and no hood! <bleep>...there goes that theory!

Any chance SAI could document the process? It would be cool to know what the workflow is!

The cars arrive with side scoops and fascia. This is part of the process that was developed just for these cars. Called the 54U package.

The cars then come to Shelby, we run them thru PDI, if they pass, we put them in the lots.

The stripers get the cars first. Then the stripes are checked, if all is ok, they come in for conversion.

After conversion, they got to be washed and prep for shipping, back to the loading lot, then shipped by regions.

The car has the same hood it came in with. we had all the FFRP, badges, mats, grill, rear gears, etc.

Hope this helps :)

Amy

The cars arrive with side scoops and fascia. This is part of the process that was developed just for these cars. Called the 54U package.

The cars then come to Shelby, we run them thru PDI, if they pass, we put them in the lots.

The stripers get the cars first. Then the stripes are checked, if all is ok, they come in for conversion.

After conversion, they got to be washed and prep for shipping, back to the loading lot, then shipped by regions.

The car has the same hood it came in with. we had all the FFRP, badges, mats, grill, rear gears, etc.

Hope this helps :)

Amy

Hi Amy,

Thanks, VERY much so! Now, go enjoy your weekend!

:)

Archived