TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Window Stickers

ShelbyGirl_merged

Did anybody notice that on the Ford window sticker under the 54U ufitters package it lists the 18" wheels and the 3.55 rear axle and the Shelby sticker lists them too plus the front and rear fasia and side scoops. I thought the $2140 54U package included all that. Why is Shelby double charging since Ford already installed the wheels, axle, scoops and fasias?

....are they double charging??? Or, are they just stating what is included in the Shelby GT?

Good question but it is hard to tell because Shelby does not give a price breakdown like on the Roush or Saleen Sticker. When I purchased my SVT the dealer had an additional sticker that said "SVT Package-$2000". The dealer was attemping to get more money by making it look like they added this package to the car but of course the SVT package was included on the Ford window sticker. Futhermore these cars come with those parts already installed by Ford when they arrive at Shelby Automotive and the Shelby sticker doesn't say "Bright Alumnium Pedals" which is included in the 54U Upfitters Package.

Good question but it is hard to tell because Shelby does not give a price breakdown like on the Roush or Saleen Sticker. When I purchased my SVT the dealer had an additional sticker that said "SVT Package-$2000". The dealer was attemping to get more money by making it look like they added this package to the car but of course the SVT package was included on the Ford window sticker. Futhermore these cars come with those parts already installed by Ford when they arrive at Shelby Automotive and the Shelby sticker doesn't say "Bright Alumnium Pedals" which is included in the 54U Upfitters Package.

Sigh....you're right. I'm not sure who ever designed the Shelby sticker should have grouped all the Shelby specific "Shelby GT Package" items together. I'm not sure why even include the 54U info since the same information is on the Ford Sticker. It could be argued that they are only giving the TOTAL package elements on the Shelby sticker but in that case an asterisk or something noting that the 54U is invoiced elsewhere etc. I don't think anyone is playing any game here. It's a design issue.

Did anybody notice that on the Ford window sticker under the 54U ufitters package it lists the 18" wheels and the 3.55 rear axle and the Shelby sticker lists them too plus the front and rear fasia and side scoops. I thought the $2140 54U package included all that. Why is Shelby double charging since Ford already installed the wheels, axle, scoops and fasias?

BTW: What I do find VERY interesting is that the invoice to Hertz for the GTH is just about the same 8K. The funny thing here though is that the same 8K got you everything but the wheels in the 54U PLUS the C6 hood, pony gas cap, while the handling pack seems to include more items, and the misc Hertz specific things like the infamous traction clip etc.

So my question is how can it be that SAI has less to do, bolting the hood scoop on is less work than the C6 Hood with washer nozzles etc., the scoops, fascia front and rear, are already there and painted. Etc., etc., and the price is the same! Yet I've seen it posted here that there is a claim that SAI isn't making much $$$ on these. If not they must have taken a real bath with the Hertz car.

I don't think Amy would have gotten where she has in life by losing money on too many projects. I am sure they didnt lose money on the Hertz. SAI can charge the $8390 because that is what they have decided is the appropriate price for the market. Both the highest people will pay without too much fuss and appropriate differnce between the GT500.

I don't think Amy would have gotten where she has in life by losing money on too many projects. I am sure they didnt lose money on the Hertz. SAI can charge the $8390 because that is what they have decided is the appropriate price for the market. Both the highest people will pay without too much fuss and appropriate differnce between the GT500.

Agreed, but we don't know what that is and can't make a informed purchase decision, because unlike the Hertz invoice the SGT sticker does not break down the costs just a total price. Using a June 2006 Hertz sticker, and the online store, I get a parts cost just shy of $4K not counting paint and labor and overhead which on the Hertz was listed as almost $3K but, as I said, it would seem to me that production effort is much less here. The only reason I mention this is that elsewhere it was said that SAI isn't making much for these cars and given I am using retail pricing, not their cost, I think they're doing pretty well with these cars. Again, I am not arguing value or the price, just making a statement.

Archived