TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT 500 Dealer Markup

p356a

Anyone know what the dealers are adding on to msrp on the GT500 now that the Shelby is hitting the market. Is it possible to get a ShelbyGT500 for MSRP anywhere? I know the market varies. I have a Shelby GT on order with a signed order form for MSRP from a really good dealer on L.I. Just out of curiosity I visited another dealer 9 miles away to inquire and he told me he had two Shelby GT coming in and was asking15,000 over for each, thats right 15 thousand over. It seems to be a luck of the draw in finding a dealer who will talk a deal for MSRP

I visited two dealers this week looking for a shelby gt to inspect. One was asking 30K and the other (my dealer) 20K. That is in SoCal and may not be indicitive of the rest of the country.

Did either of the dealers you visited have a S-GT on the lot? I have not heard of any that have been delivered to so. cal yet.

I visited two dealers this week looking for a shelby gt to inspect. One was asking 30K and the other (my dealer) 20K. That is in SoCal and may not be indicitive of the rest of the country.

clarification please. They were asking 20 and 30k over MSRP for a GT not a GT500

.....no I haven't seen any Shelby GTs in SoCal. If somebody knows of one, please post. I would like to take a look. I am not expecting to pick mine up until at least the end of March.

....the $20K & $30K was for the GT500s. In November, I was told $10K ADM on the Shelby GT by several dealerships until I found the dealership that I bought mine at for MSRP (the have business relationship with my employer).

ebay auctions seem to quiet down at around +$10k over. Some are re-listed, some "disappear". My assumption would be that the dealers of the disappearing Shelbys are contacting the high bidder to negotiate. You theoretically could take the initiative and contact one of the listed bids that did not make it and offer what you feel is a "fair price". Someone could bite (in a good way)! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Same here! In fact the sales person said that for any order on a Shelby 500 there would be a significant ADM :angry:

All, you can find MSRP if you just do a little homework. Do a Google search for "Ford Dealer Zipcode" where zip code is your home zip. You'll get an answer at the top with about 3 local dealers and a little map. Click on that and it will list many more. I took about 20 of them from within about a 30 mile radius, put them on a spreadsheet and called them until I found a dealer willing to sell at MSRP. I specifically asked for the sales manager, told him exactly what I wanted, educated some, and finally got MSRP. It also helped when I said that I already had one ordered for me but hadn't given a down payment and that I will work directly with Shelby on Shelby options. I will order mine Monday. For me, I will happen to be paying cash so I suppose that helped too.

Specifically for the Shelby GT, here is the breakdown as far as I know:

1) Go to your dealer and order the Mustang GT - either Premium or Deluxe (some call it a Base). The Deluxe price is $26,440 and the Premium is $29,960 (Invoice $27,978). Leave deposit or pay in full. These prices may vary based on your area, I guess. For best results, go to Ford's website and get a quote using your zip. This way, you'll also learn about what they are quoting you.

2) Order the Shelby GT package ($7,390 plus $1,000 gas guzzler tax). I'm a little confused whether this also includes the $2,140 upfitters price (which I think is the 54U item). Someone correct me if I'm wrong. If it does, then my dealer double dipped.

3) If your dealer is not an authorized Shelby dealer, work with John Walker to get the Shelby options and Museum Delivery. You'll be paying Shelby directly for these options. If your dealer is authorized, then I guess you can order everything through them.

4) As some have said in this forum, be sure to call Shelby upon receipt of your VIN if you're going to do Shelby options, particularly the museum delivery.

5) Enjoy.

Somewhere on this forum is a build sheet with some of the details I mention.

Those that have already purchased, feel free to correct me if I have any errors - that is if you're not out enjoying your car.

Amy, if this is all correct, please email these steps to all Ford dealers since some have no clue about any of this.

Specifically for the Shelby GT, here is the breakdown as far as I know:

2) Order the Shelby GT package ($7,390 plus $1,000 gas guzzler tax). I'm a little confused whether this also includes the $2,140 upfitters price (which I think is the 54U item). Someone correct me if I'm wrong. If it does, then my dealer double dipped.

Amy, if this is all correct, please email these steps to all Ford dealers since some have no clue about any of this.

Aodwyer,

You're pretty close. The 54U is one price (2K) and the Shelby mods another (8k) so your dealer is not double dipping.

As to the "no clue" comment I would just refer you to my other posts for what are some ideas that someone in a position of authority will consider.

Archived