TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Upgraded driveline?

ffemric33

Just a question for those out there that have ordered their car or already have it.

With the s/c upgrade has anyone considered a driveline upgrade such as a perf tranny or clutch to handle all the power? Seems odd that I have not seen it mentioned yet and Shelby has no upgrade that I have heard of. I know this car is going to go through rear tires like you cannot imagine, but how about clutches?

.....good question I am interested in any feedback. I am also thinking about the 3.73 rear. I am goiong to drive it with the 3.55 first but any opinions on the 3.73?

Upgrading the gears has also crossed my mind. But starting with the 3.55, i'm looking more at going directly to 4.10's if i change. For how and where I will be driving my SGT, I'm not worried about losing a little of the top speed in gaining overall acceleration. That for me will also be after the supercharger is installed and run with the 3.55's B)

Upgrading the gears has also crossed my mind. But starting with the 3.55, i'm looking more at going directly to 4.10's if i change. For how and where I will be driving my SGT, I'm not worried about losing a little of the top speed in gaining overall acceleration. That for me will also be after the supercharger is installed and run with the 3.55's B)

Another concern with changing gears is the Supercharger Program. Would we have to retune?

Another concern with changing gears is the Supercharger Program. Would we have to retune?

The gears shouldn't affect the behavior of the supercharger or the engine. However comma, the gears will definitely affect the speedometer and you would have to do a minor computer adjustment (retune) to correct that.

.....Ok, if I do it at my local ford dealer and with the Ford parts they would recalibrate the speedometer, no? Would that effect the supercharger tune?

Back to the original topic. Anybody with the answer about the clutch, transmission and rear handling the 470HP?

I'm not sure you would need to recalibrate. I believe the speed sensor is driven by the ring gear. If that is the case gear ratio doesn't matter. One rev of the ring gear=1 rev of the tires. On cars where the speed sensor/speedo gear was driven off the output shaft of the tranny a gear change would have thrown offf teh speedo. You would need to recalibrate if you changed the tire size however as the distance traveled in 1 revolution would change if the tire diameter changed.

Archived