TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I have a build date and VIN

gor256_merged

Well I have a Ford build date of Feb 12 and a VIN for my SGT. I am so very excited about this car. I am going to ask SAI about installing a supercharger, instrumentation and fog lights when it gets to them. I am not worried about what is on the hood, just what is under the hood.

I did get my SGT from my dealer at MSRP; out the dealer door to my house $41,367.00. I may have given a different price on the Forum, but some of the options I asked for were not allow on the 54U package; 53B comfort group, and 65A heated Seats. I have all the pricing information from Ford; my sales rep gave me a copy of the FORD DORA with my order. If anyone wants these prices let me know I’ll post them.

Bottom line, less the SAI $7,390, GGT, local taxes/tags, the MSRP came to $30,740.00

My only question is if SAI does any performance modifications why can’t they send the car to the dealer later? We are already paying for shipment, so we wait a little longer for delivery.

Anyway, looking forward to this car it is going to be fun to drive.

Gor256

Well I have a Ford build date of Feb 12 and a VIN for my SGT. I am so very excited about this car. I am going to ask SAI about installing a supercharger, instrumentation and fog lights when it gets to them. I am not worried about what is on the hood, just what is under the hood.

I did get my SGT from my dealer at MSRP; out the dealer door to my house $41,367.00. I may have given a different price on the Forum, but some of the options I asked for were not allow on the 54U package; 53B comfort group, and 65A heated Seats. I have all the pricing information from Ford; my sales rep gave me a copy of the FORD DORA with my order. If anyone wants these prices let me know I’ll post them.

Bottom line, less the SAI $7,390, GGT, local taxes/tags, the MSRP came to $30,740.00

My only question is if SAI does any performance modifications why can’t they send the car to the dealer later? We are already paying for shipment, so we wait a little longer for delivery.

Anyway, looking forward to this car it is going to be fun to drive.

Gor2562

HEY GOR256

I just received a vin# and build date and my build date is also feb12, I guess our cars will be related. Mine is a whit 5sp and I'm planning a few options to be added at Shelby. Keep in touch so we can track the cars. Good Luck

I might be wrong but my understanding is the supercharger, in particular, and some other parts would require additional government and enviromental testing to be sold as an option through your dealer. Therefore they are done as aftermarket.

socaljafo - did not know this, does this mean owners in states that have emission testing like Maryland may have a problems with passing emissions test with a S/C installed? <_<

gor256

HEY GOR256

I just received a vin# and build date and my build date is also feb12, I guess our cars will be related. Mine is a whit 5sp and I'm planning a few options to be added at Shelby. Keep in touch so we can track the cars. Good Luck

reutter - Oh know twims :o , wonder who will be first? Lets say in touch, see you on the road

gor256

I don't know about the smog test but for most things, at least here in CA, if it has the C.A.R.B. test/documents it should pass smog. I think it is more about the cost & time that it would have taken. Smog would be a question for somebody else.

I've looked into adding a supercharger and I live in N.Y. If I do it and the car is delivered to the dealer,the dealer has to certify the car as to EPA regulations-a hassle and expensive. The way around this is to arrange to have the car paid for in advance and delivered by Shelby directly to you after the mods. are completed, just as if you had the work done by your local shop. Shelby will deliver to you for 500.00 ,which believe me is cheap for Las Vegas TO N.Y..Good Luck

Congrats...you may get it by Summer if you're lucky!!

you can get the car delivered to your home from us for 500 extra. I can not deliver it to the dealership as stated above because it has been altered as aftermarkets.

Amy

you can get the car delivered to your home from us for 500 extra. I can not deliver it to the dealership as stated above because it has been altered as aftermarkets.

Amy

Amy,

Are you saying that I can get my car delivered directly from SAI rather than having it shipped to the dealer and then re-shipped to me ? At present time my white, manual tranny GT is "enroute to SAI", and currently I do not plan to have any additional modifications done at SAI other then the standard "upfitters package". My dealer originally told me that my car must be delivered to him (So. Calif.) and then I would have to arrange to have it shipped back Missouri which is a cost of approx $1200. Can I pay SAI the extra $500 and have it delivered directly to me ? Sure would be nice, I could have my car sooner and save some money. :)

Amy,

Are you saying that I can get my car delivered directly from SAI rather than having it shipped to the dealer and then re-shipped to me ? At present time my white, manual tranny GT is "enroute to SAI", and currently I do not plan to have any additional modifications done at SAI other then the standard "upfitters package". My dealer originally told me that my car must be delivered to him (So. Calif.) and then I would have to arrange to have it shipped back Missouri which is a cost of approx $1200. Can I pay SAI the extra $500 and have it delivered directly to me ? Sure would be nice, I could have my car sooner and save some money. :)

It sounds like all you need to do is have something modified?? ;) (maybe a Shelby billit oil filler cap)

One of my customers is having a Supercharger added to his car, and he has to arrange pick-up at SAI or shipping. But he has not paid for the car yet, I may be screwed. J/K

randy

Archived