TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sattelite Radio - Can it be removed?

ruprict32

Has anyone that received theirs already gotten the sirius option and could it be removed without ruining the trunk? I say this because I know one dealer that is getting one and of course insisted on getting all the options. I don't really want that option and wonder if it can be removed at the dealer without mauling the car.

Thanks.

In looking at mine, it doesn't look like it can be removed. There is a hole drilled through the trunk and the antenna is mounted on a bolt that is visible on the underneath of the trunk. It is also right on top of the stripes so it might be hard to patch/fill. The only option would be to get a new trunk but then that brings up a whole bunch of other issues with the trunk and Shelby lettering.

In looking at mine, it doesn't look like it can be removed. There is a hole drilled through the trunk and the antenna is mounted on a bolt that is visible on the underneath of the trunk. It is also right on top of the stripes so it might be hard to patch/fill. The only option would be to get a new trunk but then that brings up a whole bunch of other issues with the trunk and Shelby lettering.

If you decide to pull it, I'll swap you even and pay postage both ways. It should interchange with an 05 Mustang GT radio. PM me by e-mail.

I want it and ordered my car with it. However, some people don't want it either because of the "tumor" on the trunk or because they just don't see the want or need for satelite radio. After the six months expires, if you don't want it you are stuck with an unused option and "tumor" on the trunk.

I want it and ordered my car with it. However, some people don't want it either because of the "tumor" on the trunk or because they just don't see the want or need for satelite radio. After the six months expires, if you don't want it you are stuck with an unused option and "tumor" on the trunk.

You could always put a spoiler on, it makes the bump much less noticeable. At least they didn't put it on teh roof.

Archived