TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT CSM #73 for Sale on E-Bay

CudaFly

I would guess somewhere around $45,000 and that's being very optimistic. Most of the ones for sale on Ebay are just lounging around fishing for that extra dollar, which they're simply not getting. Many dealers have relisted them because few people are paying the extra ADM that the dealer is seeking, so they make another attempt at it. Too many people are hunting for horsepower and perceive the Shelby GT as pricey relative to the Shelby GT500 (although the Shelby GT is a better balanced car), so they opt for the GT500 which is starting to come down in price. Over time, this will bring the price of the Shelby GT down as well, especially when the pipeline gets filled. If Ford still produces the Shelby GT in 2008, it wouldn't be too hard to imagine buying one for less than MSRP. Just ask anyone who bought some of the first GT500's where the pricing is now relative to what they bought it for.

The shame of it all, is that dealers now have stock Shelby GT's sitting in their showrooms that can't be modified with SAI doing the work and making it into the registry. A person could take the car back to Las Vegas, but that's a huge hassle. Ford dealers simply didn't understand the process by which the car could be sold (and customer-modified), so in their haste to "get one on the floor", they've potentially affected a sale.

The Shelby GT appeals almost exclusively to the true Mustang enthusiast or someone who wants something different. There's a lot fewer of these people who are willing to pay the extra premium for the car than the general buying public. I guess time will tell what will happen with pricing. Stay tuned!

I would guess somewhere around $45,000 and that's being very optimistic. Most of the ones for sale on Ebay are just lounging around fishing for that extra dollar, which they're simply not getting. Many dealers have relisted them because few people are paying the extra ADM that the dealer is seeking, so they make another attempt at it.

From what I've seen there are more dealers that are floating these without any car! There is even a dealer that is so clueless he's showing a GTH as the car. My favorite though is the guy selling his spot to buy one. I think he wants something like $3K to get his spot on a dealership's list. Ugh...

Well, my guess was wrong. I like the fickle buyer theory. It will be very interesting to see how this auction ends.

I think the starting bid is too high. I'll go with "Reserve not met".

It's a great car, but in that price range most "money" is looking for more power or rarety.

Mike S.

Waitng for my Sheby GT

...Still at $45,895. Maybe that's a lucky number (#73) for someone, so the bidding ensues. Who knows. :o

#45 is at $40k, reserve not met, 4 days left.....I guess I should be happy that #23 isn't up there (my lucky #, and a very long story as to why such a crazy number). :P

I am also willing to bet that if the car is in a major metropolitan area, this would bring higher bids. Just another factor...

Ok so the person who was closest was "DressedtoDepress" with a guess of $46,500.

Here's your special prize:

(censored by administrator)

Hey, hey.hey! I guessed $45,000 and didn't go over. I think I need a judges ruling on this! Now you can send me a censored prize...................................

# 73 winning bid was $45,895.

Seller was Crosley Ford in Kansas City

This #73 Shelby GT is back on ebay. I've noticed a trend of very high priced Shelby GTs on ebay receiving winning bids but then reappear on ebay after the auction has ended. Perhaps the deal fell through on this one. Anyways, I wouldn't put too much weight on the highest priced SGTs on ebay. They could be manipulated with shill bidders... From my basic research, SGTs on ebay are selling for an average price of approximately $40k.

Archived