TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Unused Parts

Rich_Dye

Will SAI put the unused or take-off parts (IE Tires&Wheels, etc) in the truck of the car for their customers?

If you request, I beleive so, not 100% sure of this though, If the parts dont fit in the car (e.g. Hood) i beleive if you pay shipping, they will send it back

I don't think there are many "take-off" parts. at least not the tires and wheels. These ship from Ford. I guess that leaves the engine and suspension mods. Interesting question though!

What he is asking is after a person upgrades their wheels through the aftermarket SAI options will SAI ship the stock wheels back to us. I dont know where it was posted but I beleive that Amy said that any part removed as a result of SAI aftermarket modification can be shipped back to the buyer, provided they pay shipping for it

I am not going to look for it but I concur with GThero. If you are picking your car up you could also haul the parts home if you have another vehicle. Bringing home my parts is why I have changed my mind from driving my Shelby GT home to now I plan on renting a trailer....only so I can take a truck and haul home the wheels, hood and other parts.

I am not going to look for it but I concur with GThero. If you are picking your car up you could also haul the parts home if you have another vehicle. Bringing home my parts is why I have changed my mind from driving my Shelby GT home to now I plan on renting a trailer....only so I can take a truck and haul home the wheels, hood and other parts.

you can have the hood and wheels, all suspension parts are not returned. This would be a nightmare for me. If you want the hood and wheels shipped, I can do that for the price of shipping or you can pick up the car and the parts.

• 3 weeks later...

you can have the hood and wheels, all suspension parts are not returned. This would be a nightmare for me. If you want the hood and wheels shipped, I can do that for the price of shipping or you can pick up the car and the parts.

can i have my gears in the trunk from thr rear end i have an auto and want to give him to my son s mustang

can i have my gears in the trunk from thr rear end i have an auto and want to give him to my son s mustang

I beleive the answer is no. The gears are changed as part of the Shelby GT conversion. Not as part of additional Shelby Modification (s/c, wheels, etc.) So I dont beleive you can get the gears shipped back.

Amy,

What about the FRPP intake if we have the s/c installed, can you guys throw that in the trunk for us??

The SGT comes from Ford with either silver or black bullit rims and the standard hood that Shelby adds a scoop to and stripes. If you decide to purchase Shelby's razer rims & tires and also switch to the CS6 hood then you can either pick up the original parts, have what fits put in the trunk for shipment with the car or you can arrange to have them shipped at your expense.

Maybe Im missing something hear. Is someone saying that 2007 shelby gt owners can get all of the stock parts that were taken off during the conversion? I sort of thought that the rims and tires that are on it are from ford. Secong is the hood totaly different?

No you cannot get the stock parts back. The only parts that you can get back are parts removed from your Shelby GT if you have additional Shelby "options" added!

Archived