TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NOTE FROM FORD

dmagner1

THIS S TO NFORM YOU ""'FORD JUST LOST 12 BILLION AGAIN LAST YEAR AND WAS PAST UP BY TOYOTA FOR THE NUMBER 2 SPOT BY AUTOMAKERS ,MAYBE IF THEY WOULDNT BE SO GREEDY AND AND TRIED TO BE FAIR WTH THE PUBLIC AND NOT TRY TO SCREW ON US ON THE MSRP UPCHARGE, MAYBE THEY WOULD GET SOME LOYAL CUSTOMERS

THIS S TO NFORM YOU ""'FORD JUST LOST 12 BILLION AGAIN LAST YEAR AND WAS PAST UP BY TOYOTA FOR THE NUMBER 2 SPOT BY AUTOMAKERS ,MAYBE IF THEY WOULDNT BE SO GREEDY AND AND TRIED TO BE FAIR WTH THE PUBLIC AND NOT TRY TO SCREW ON US ON THE MSRP UPCHARGE, MAYBE THEY WOULD GET SOME LOYAL CUSTOMERS

Well, the followup to this is there are a lot of us that are loyal customers of Ford and we are being driven away by all this. For the 4 drivers in our family we have 4 Ford products and 2 GM. In 2008 I will buy a "fun" car to replace my 98 Cobra Convertible. I prefer a GT500 or Shelby GT, but am perfectly willing to buy a 2008 Corvette Convertible, it will have a new BASE engine of 450 HP and several new exterior/interior colors. New 2007's can be had for $9K under MSRP, no reason to believe that will not be possible in 2008, meaning I can buy a loaded convertible for less than a GT 500 stripped coupe with dealer ADM.

GM seems to be taking the tactic (like most sane companies) of upping production levels of what is most profitable for their dealers and themselves and letting market forces do the rest, trying to make some money on volume sales.

Ford Marketing (I realize this is a bit of an oxymoron) is directing its self wounding with an arrow of sorts, it hurts going in (gouging the few customers who will overpay) and coming out when finding the much higher volume of potential profitable customers have turned their back on Ford when their sales are needed most to recover from a $12 billion dollar loss!!

Ford is selling all the GT500s they make at ADM and somebody is buying them. These cars represent less than 1% of the cars they make. The majority of cars they sell, they are NOT making a profit on. Which means they are selling them at a loss. If they were making a profit they wouldn't have lost 12 billion dollars, now would they! 99.9% of car buyers have absolutely no interest in buying a Shelby. They want a Toyota or a Honda or a Fusion or a pickup or an SUV so whether the pricing on a Shelby is "fair" to them is completely irrelevant. They are NOT buying Toyota's instead of Fords because they feel they are getting cheated on the price of a Shelby. They are buying Toyota's because they feel that the Toyota is a better value (styling or quality or options or whatever). Their decision has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING do with the price of a Shelby!

If you MUST have a Shelby then you have to either be prepared to pay for it or wait until the price drops or do without - YOUR decision. If you want a Ferrari, you have to be prepared to pay for it or do without. If you want a 1967 buick you can probably pick one up for $200, if you want a 1967 Shelby you are going to have to pay a slight ADM charge of about $150,000.

Well, the followup to this is there are a lot of us that are loyal customers of Ford and we are being driven away by all this. For the 4 drivers in our family we have 4 Ford products and 2 GM. In 2008 I will buy a "fun" car to replace my 98 Cobra Convertible. I prefer a GT500 or Shelby GT, but am perfectly willing to buy a 2008 Corvette Convertible, it will have a new BASE engine of 450 HP and several new exterior/interior colors. New 2007's can be had for $9K under MSRP, no reason to believe that will not be possible in 2008, meaning I can buy a loaded convertible for less than a GT 500 stripped coupe with dealer ADM.

GM seems to be taking the tactic (like most sane companies) of upping production levels of what is most profitable for their dealers and themselves and letting market forces do the rest, trying to make some money on volume sales.

Ford Marketing (I realize this is a bit of an oxymoron) is directing its self wounding with an arrow of sorts, it hurts going in (gouging the few customers who will overpay) and coming out when finding the much higher volume of potential profitable customers have turned their back on Ford when their sales are needed most to recover from a $12 billion dollar loss!!

Did you know that for 2007 the GREEDY Ford company LOWERED the MSRP of all their products? Don't believe it? Price an 06 anything and then price the same 07. A base 2wd regular cab ranger has 200 dollars between MSRP and invoice. Have to sell a lot of those high volume trucks to make up the 12 Billion! By the way, I thought they were selling all the Vettes they made? I have never heard of Vettes being heavily discounted. I went to Edmunds and priced a base Corvette and their "what others are paying" price showed about a 250 dollar discount off MSRP. The Z06 seems to be averaging sticker.

Z06 Total with Options MSRP $84,950 invoice $75,147, what others are paying $84,950

Hold back estimate 2500 (3% of MSRP less delivery charge)

84950-75147 =9803 profit+2500 hold back= 12,303 total gross profit for the dealer from the afore mentioned wonderfull GM company vs the smelly 2800 or so dollars the GREEDY Ford company provides for it's dealers. (Wonder why we need ADM) If your going to bring your GM biased butt into a public forum and spew nonsense could you PLEASE get your facts straight so you don't look like a complete fool!

You can look it up yourself at edmunds.com

This type of rhetoric would be better served at Mustangsunleashed.com I come here to commiserate with Shelby Owners and fans alike. if I wanted to get into negativity, I would not look here. please refrain from bringing this type of information and rants to what started out as a good forum. it is kind of like Television. you watch the news, get disgusted and then turn on the Simpsons! Get it!!

Did you know that for 2007 the GREEDY Ford company LOWERED the MSRP of all their products? Don't believe it? Price an 06 anything and then price the same 07. A base 2wd regular cab ranger has 200 dollars between MSRP and invoice. Have to sell a lot of those high volume trucks to make up the 12 Billion! By the way, I thought they were selling all the Vettes they made? I have never heard of Vettes being heavily discounted. I went to Edmunds and priced a base Corvette and their "what others are paying" price showed about a 250 dollar discount off MSRP. The Z06 seems to be averaging sticker.

Z06 Total with Options MSRP $84,950 invoice $75,147, what others are paying $84,950

Hold back estimate 2500 (3% of MSRP less delivery charge)

84950-75147 =9803 profit+2500 hold back= 12,303 total gross profit for the dealer from the afore mentioned wonderfull GM company vs the smelly 2800 or so dollars the GREEDY Ford company provides for it's dealers. (Wonder why we need ADM) If your going to bring your GM biased butt into a public forum and spew nonsense could you PLEASE get your facts straight so you don't look like a complete fool!

You can look it up yourself at edmunds.com

Well, just as this site and Blue Oval News are specific sites for Ford, there are others for Corvettes, for example Corvette.com or DigitalCorvettes.com. Anybody that would consider a generalist site like Edmunds an authority on anything needs to expand their reading opportunities.

As for Corvette pricing Edmunds does not know what it is talking about, at least for the educated buyers. Kerbeck Chevy in Atlantic City is the largest vette dealer in the U.S. They and about a dozen Chevy dealers that specialize in Corvettes are where anybody with a modicum of intelligence shops. $39 K is what they are asking for a base 2007 coupe, 6 speed, 400 HP and all.

As for Z06's, they started off at $20K to 30K over MSRP. As of today at the above dealers they are MSRP or a low of $3K under and dropping. Your MSRP $ are way high.

In any event that is not the point, GM is smart enough to ramp up production on things that are selling and they are making money on-new Tahoes and Corvettes among others. Ford just seems to want to alienate their customer base and not take advantage of selling more of a popular product.

As for me being a fool, try looking in the mirror lately? This is a simple discussion about a specialty car, you must not have much of a life.

Archived