TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Does anyone know what the dealer invoice price is?

usndvr79_merged

Interested in invoice price for the dealer. anyone?

Go to the 2nd page of the topics page and under "Shelby GT Build Sheet" you'll see the pricing there. A full load Shelby GT is invoiced somewhere around $28,428 to the dealer BEFORE you add in the SAI charge of $7390 and Gas Guzzler tax of $1000. Check it out.

.....but what is the invoice on the $7390.

I have yet to get a straight answer on that. I've talked to SAI and the SVT folks and as far as I can tell the invoice and window sticker are the same. Don't know why they would ship it to me with no mark up in it. I guess they figure we will take care or it w/ ADM ourselves.

This is right from Ford:

Shelby Automobiles Incorporated:

(Second Billing) For the SAI conversion - Charged to Parts Statement

Upon being "Gate Released" from AAI, the Dealership "Parts Statement" will receive a single charge for conversion at Shelby in Las Vegas. This charge will include $7,390 for all Shelby-installed parts, labor, and shipping. Additionally, a gas guzzler tax of $1,000 will be charged.

Initial charges will begin in January 2007

Charge will appear under the "Miscellaneous" section of the Parts Statement as a separate line item, and will include the vehicle I.D./ Contact Number/ Total Billing

I was quoted a price for a black SGT manual, no special options of $45455 + tax of course.

This broke down to Mustang GT Premium $30065, includes Ford Upfitters pkg $2180 (this is where

Ford makes it's money on the Shelby pkg. They supply nothing in the pkg but a cost) + destination.

The Shelby conversion charge of $7390 plus $1000 gas guzzler, and finally $5000 dealer markup.

Guess what? It still doesn't add up to $45455.

So, the invoice is in the base MSRP and upfitters package. However, this is not considered a

normal production vehicle, thus price is non-negotiable. Except to not buy it from this dealer,

of course.

I said this puts it in GT500 territory, and he responded we sold our one GT500 for 63K.

I just got my INVOICE from SAI for their upgrades. $8390.00 My SGT is SOLD BUT MSRP is $32015.00

Total MSRP is $40,405.00 (with SAI ADM)

randy

Harley,

So you passeed along the invoice $8,390 into the MSRP and didn't add any retail %. Or, was the invoice from SAI lower than $8,390. I am still a bit confused. I don't want to ask my dealer until I have an understanding.

Harley,

So you passeed along the invoice $8,390 into the MSRP and didn't add any retail %. Or, was the invoice from SAI lower than $8,390. I am still a bit confused. I don't want to ask my dealer until I have an understanding.

I DID NOT MARK UP SAI Adds. I have a huge Mustang & Comm/Fleet Truck Loyal Customer Base. I have SOLD 2 FORD GT's, 11 Shelby GT500's, and 4 Shelby GT's. (still waiting on gt's). I just do what is right for ME & MY Customers. That being said, I do still have to mark up LIMITED EDITION CARS & TRUCKS, ( I Sell F-650 Custom Pick-up Conversions $90-120K). I am NOT the OWNER of the Dealership. He Invests a Huge Amount of $'s, and a FEW LIMITED ED Units helps on his investment. MY Customers HAVE THE RIGHT to tell me NO THANKS when I give them a Final Price.

randy 303 584-6623 denver, co

I DID NOT MARK UP SAI Adds. I have a huge Mustang & Comm/Fleet Truck Loyal Customer Base. I have SOLD 2 FORD GT's, 11 Shelby GT500's, and 4 Shelby GT's. (still waiting on gt's). I just do what is right for ME & MY Customers. That being said, I do still have to mark up LIMITED EDITION CARS & TRUCKS, ( I Sell F-650 Custom Pick-up Conversions $90-120K). I am NOT the OWNER of the Dealership. He Invests a Huge Amount of $'s, and a FEW LIMITED ED Units helps on his investment. MY Customers HAVE THE RIGHT to tell me NO THANKS when I give them a Final Price.

randy 303 584-6623 denver, co

i cant believe you still have a customer base after screwing THEM on a adm on a car, after they have been loyal to you .... i guess its true all dealers are WHORS. , ,,,,THATS WHY THE PUBLIC DOESNT TRUST A CAR SALESMEN !!!!!!!!

i cant believe you still have a customer base after screwing THEM on a adm on a car, after they have been loyal to you .... i guess its true all dealers are WHORS. , ,,,,THATS WHY THE PUBLIC DOESNT TRUST A CAR SALESMEN !!!!!!!!

Could you please tell me what a "fair profit" would be? Please express it as a percentage of cost, not in a dollar amount.

Let me help you out

Ford msrp of my unit 30415

Shelby conv incl GGT 8500 (round number)

Msrp W/ SAI 38915

Invoice 28378

Holdback -829

True cost 27549

SAI +8500

Total cost 36049

Sell it for sticker total profit 2,866 dollars, or 8%. Consider that you can easily get 5.5pct in a 2-5yr CD and not have to pay:

The salesman

The guy that cleans the car

The office personal that due the paperwork and everything else that office people do

Insurance

Legal expensis

Interest on a 4 million dollar inventory (want to guess what the monthly pymt on that is?

Rent

Property tax

Income Tax

Emplotee benefits

Workmans comp

Unemployment insurance

The janitorial service

Advertising(any idea what those full page ads cost, or a 30 second tv commercial?)

Utilities

I'm sure I could think of a few more.

So lets say I mark it up 10K (don't think I can, 5k seems to be the avg rate)

Now I'm selling the car for 48915 which is a gross profit of (before I pay all of the above) 36 percent. If I sell it for 5K over it's 22 percent. Almost any retail business has those margins or more. What do you think it costs wendys to fill up a a large soda. It's pennies yet they sell it for 99 cents. We are talking a gross margin of hundreds of a percent. You know you can buy a 12 pack of bottled beer for 5 bucks retail yet think nothing of paying $7 for a CUP of flat draft beer at baseball game. That consession probably rakes in more in a game than we do in a month. You know what? If nobody bought the beer the price would drop till people started buying. That's what rebates are about. I don't see anybody complaining about the cost of the SAI conversion. I would guesstimate it to be in the 50 percent region. You know what, I don't care. If they don't make a decent profit, what would be the point? We don't do it for fun. I want those cars on my lot and I'll pay what I have to pay to get them. If I didn't think it was worth it I wouldn't buy them and you don't have to either. If you want a "deal" buy a Focus. You can get one under invoice AND get a rebate.

The owners could just say the heck w/it, cash out, live off the interest on the CD and put a bunch of people out of work. They take the risk, they deserve the reward. By the way, before I got into this business I felt EXACTLY the same way YOU do.

As I said in a different thread on the same subject, Sorry about the rant but it needs to be said.

Jim,

You made some excellent points in your rant. (your words, not mine) I even chuckled

at the Wendy's and baseball game analogy, because they're true. It is also true that

owners take the risk.

However, I buy 1 to 3 new cars every year, and in my 35 years of purchasing new vehicles

from East to West and North to South, I have never met a new car dealership owner that

wasn't wealthy. That's fine by me, but it doesn't mean they get my sympathy for the costs

in running a business.

At the same time, it does no one any good to make it personal with vulgar name calling.

Sorry about my rant, but it need to be said.

CC51

Jim,

You made some excellent points in your rant. (your words, not mine) I even chuckled

at the Wendy's and baseball game analogy, because they're true. It is also true that

owners take the risk.

However, I buy 1 to 3 new cars every year, and in my 35 years of purchasing new vehicles

from East to West and North to South, I have never met a new car dealership owner that

wasn't wealthy. That's fine by me, but it doesn't mean they get my sympathy for the costs

in running a business.

At the same time, it does no one any good to make it personal with vulgar name calling.

Sorry about my rant, but it need to be said.

CC51

iN MY BUSNESS " BUILDNG HOMES I CANT CHARGE 1 PERSON 150K FOR A HOME AND THEN CHARGE THE 2ND ONE 200K ...I WOULD BE IN JAIL OR OUT OF BUSINESS ,AS FAR AS A PERCENTAGE MINE IS 5% I DONT HOW YOU CAN CHARGE 8K FOR A 40K CAR AND I CANT MAKE 8K ON A 150K HOUSE HMMMMMMMMMM SOMTHINGS NOT RGHT .......YOU KNOW A SHELBY IS JUST A CAR ...WHY DO YOU PEOPLE PUT IT ON A STAND .....ITS NOT A CORVETTE "THE ONLY AMERICAN SPORTS CAR "

iN MY BUSNESS " BUILDNG HOMES I CANT CHARGE 1 PERSON 150K FOR A HOME AND THEN CHARGE THE 2ND ONE 200K ...I WOULD BE IN JAIL OR OUT OF BUSINESS ,AS FAR AS A PERCENTAGE MINE IS 5% I DONT HOW YOU CAN CHARGE 8K FOR A 40K CAR AND I CANT MAKE 8K ON A 150K HOUSE HMMMMMMMMMM SOMTHINGS NOT RGHT .......YOU KNOW A SHELBY IS JUST A CAR ...WHY DO YOU PEOPLE PUT IT ON A STAND .....ITS NOT A CORVETTE "THE ONLY AMERICAN SPORTS CAR "

If you'll build a house for 5% I'll gladly have you build me a new one. I'll buy all the supplies and pay you 5% on what it cost. So on a $75,000 worth of lumber and building supplies I'll pay you $3750 to put it all togeather sounds like a good deal to me since around here its a rough estimate would be about the same in labor as in material.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

dmag57, if you had any idea of what I do for my customers, you would KEEP YOUR LOUD UNINFORMED MOUTH SHUT.

I received 1 FORD GT $169K, 2 Shelby GT500's, and 1 SGT at my dealership. I went out and bought from other Dealers (AT A PREMIUM) 1 FORD GT, 11 Shelby GT500's, & 4 SGT's. I PERSONALLY WENT OUT AND PICKED THEM UP, to get them SAFTLY to my Customers. We agreed on a selling price, and I DELIVERED.

randy

Why does it matter to you what the markup is. Its clear that your not a Shelby mustang person, Mr. CORVETTE!

HOW MUCH IS A NEW Z06? 75K, 78K 80K HMMMMMMMMMM

......I also don't understand your choices Dmag. Yesterday you were SETTLING for an AUTOMATIC Shelby GT. Then suddenly, a dealer contacted you about a GT500 at MSRP and you were taking it because it was your first choice. Now today you imply you would rather have a Corvette. So go buy one. There are plenty sitting on Chevrolet lots starting around the same $45K as a GT500. So go get a vette and rant on the "only American sports car" snob sites. Besides if you are getting a GT500 at MSRP,where is the dealer greed. Ford set the MSRP.

dmag57, if you had any idea of what I do for my customers, you would KEEP YOUR LOUD UNINFORMED MOUTH SHUT.

I received 1 FORD GT $169K, 2 Shelby GT500's, and 1 SGT at my dealership. I went out and bought from other Dealers (AT A PREMIUM) 1 FORD GT, 11 Shelby GT500's, & 4 SGT's. I PERSONALLY WENT OUT AND PICKED THEM UP, to get them SAFTLY to my Customers. We agreed on a selling price, and I DELIVERED.

randy

im sure you marked it up for your customers and last tme i looked a gt was 150k but you sold it for 169k ,,,thats a nice profit ...wish i could do that and the idiot talking about corvettes yeah, i have 3 ,67 big block 2003 z06 and a 57 and the shelby is to add to my stable collect them to enjoy''' NOT TO MAKE A PROFIT

......I also don't understand your choices Dmag. Yesterday you were SETTLING for an AUTOMATIC Shelby GT. Then suddenly, a dealer contacted you about a GT500 at MSRP and you were taking it because it was your first choice. Now today you imply you would rather have a Corvette. So go buy one. There are plenty sitting on Chevrolet lots starting around the same $45K as a GT500. So go get a vette and rant on the "only American sports car" snob sites. Besides if you are getting a GT500 at MSRP,where is the dealer greed. Ford set the MSRP.

Well put socaljafo. Correct me here, doesn't it all boil down to what an individual is willing to pay. Public opinion has no bearing on the purchase. So if your not willing to pay the ADM, it's a choice that you make. Why even waste your time at a dealership when your not willing to pay the markup? Help me understand were you are going with this Dmag.

There are people who are on the up and up and there's those who just blow smoke. Think about it

Very well Dmag. As I said in the other thread buy the car you want and enjoy it. If you pay an ADM it is nobody's fault but yours. As a salesperson told me two days ago the dealership is only asking. If you can't find a mutal price with a dealer than there is no sale......Since, I am an "idiot" I will no longer waste your superior time responding.....Drive On.

Its funny how these things work. My son wanted a Playstation3 for Christmas but of course I couldnt, or wouldnt, wait in line for 3 days for one. If I wanted one real bad I could avoid the lines and buy it the same day for $1500 on Ebay. I chose not to buy one at those inflated prices and got the cheaper, $249, Nintendo Wii.... for which I paid $400 on Ebay!!!! I guess if I just walked in and payed sticker on all those F150's and Expeditions I bought over the years instead of whittling the dealer down to $100 over invoice with my shrewd negotiating skills I might look at it differently. At least then I would have the right to demand him to sell me the Shelby for MSRP. Tell you what, I will take the 8 or 9 thousand in discounts he will give me on each of the cars I buy every couple of years, and I will pay him for the Shelby. I won't whine and cry like a baby because, whether you admit it or not, you would do the same thing if it was your business. Hell, I am sure Mr. Shelby didnt feel quilty for selling his car for 5.5 million last week and I am sure the guy that bought it felt it was a deal. Go work the best deal you can and buy the <bleep> car. I paid $150 over MSRP for a video game for my son that they made 2 million of.......$5k over MSRP for a car that they will only make 6000 of sure sounded like a fair deal to me.

PS- My black, 5 speed Shelby arrived in Las Vegas in December and will be here any day!!

Yes, demand always supports supply and pricing along with it. Warren Buffet amassed his fortune largely by waiting and buying the right companies at the right price.

If nobody wanted the car, then the pricing would surely be different. But, as it stands, the Shelby GT is presently in demand and supports a higher price than MSRP (with some dealers). If everyone were to reject the ADM pricing, it would go away and you'd be able to buy one at less than the asking price. But some of us are just not that patient, so we support the elevated price as it stands now.

I feel my dealer is making enough on the car at MSRP, so I refuse to pay anything more ( and he knows this quite well). But in the end, if you want the car bad enough, pay the "going rate" and enjoy the car!

Its funny how these things work. My son wanted a Playstation3 for Christmas but of course I couldnt, or wouldnt, wait in line for 3 days for one. If I wanted one real bad I could avoid the lines and buy it the same day for $1500 on Ebay. I chose not to buy one at those inflated prices and got the cheaper, $249, Nintendo Wii.... for which I paid $400 on Ebay!!!! I guess if I just walked in and payed sticker on all those F150's and Expeditions I bought over the years instead of whittling the dealer down to $100 over invoice with my shrewd negotiating skills I might look at it differently. At least then I would have the right to demand him to sell me the Shelby for MSRP. Tell you what, I will take the 8 or 9 thousand in discounts he will give me on each of the cars I buy every couple of years, and I will pay him for the Shelby. I won't whine and cry like a baby because, whether you admit it or not, you would do the same thing if it was your business. Hell, I am sure Mr. Shelby didnt feel quilty for selling his car for 5.5 million last week and I am sure the guy that bought it felt it was a deal. Go work the best deal you can and buy the <bleep> car. I paid $150 over MSRP for a video game for my son that they made 2 million of.......$5k over MSRP for a car that they will only make 6000 of sure sounded like a fair deal to me.

PS- My black, 5 speed Shelby arrived in Las Vegas in December and will be here any day!!

Amen, Well said!

For all those talking about greed on here, how many of you were cruising the stores before Christmas with an eye open for a playstaion 3 with the idea you could sell it on ebay for a quick killing? Huh, Huh? Deprive some poor local kid of the only thing he wanted for Christmas so you could make a quick buck.

What would you think today if someone paid 10K over MSRP for a PT Cruiser ?, or 10K over for a Mini Cooper ? How about it for a New Beattle ? Alot of people did. All for mass produced cars that you see everyday. The reason is supply and demand. Any smart retailer knows this, any smart consumer knows also. In the the case of the Shelby cars I dont think supply will exceed demand. Anything is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, if its a Play Station, Hotwheels car or a rare painting. I bet alot more owners of PT Cruisers have buyers remorse then owners of Shelby cars and I bet you will never see a new Shelby sell for less then MSRP. Demag, what does the price paid for anything have to do with its true value and how much do Corvettes depreciate the moment you drive them from the dealer. In the case of late model Shelby badged cars they go up in value. So Demag how much money have you lost on your ZO6 Corvette ? Mark

Archived