TEAM SHELBY FORUM

shelby gt vs shelby gt 500

dmagner1

Everyone ask how much is the new shelby gt ? Here are the facts !!!!!!

1. the shelby gt is no where near 35k ,this is a myth

2. Here are the options you can order 1. radio,, 500 watts 1000 watts or sirus

interior upgrade, theft device ,wheel locks , auto or 5 speed

3 NOW the price, average price is $40,750.00 with the auto

4. the breakdown 1. shelby outfitters $2140 ,shelby upgrade $7350 ,gas guzzlers tax $1000 plus the mustang g/t total cost for a 325 horse mustang $40750.00 vs shelby gt 500 $45.650 witch is the ford gt motor and 500 horseys

NOW DO YOU THINK THIS IS FAIR I GUESS THE PUBLIC IS GETTING SCREWED AGAIN AND WHY DOES FORD KEEP ADVERTISING THE GT 500 ,YOU CANT GET IT ANYWAYS

Wow.....

Ford is producing all the '500s it can, the limitation is the transmission (limited by Tremec supply issues). There are plenty of '500s around, if you want to pay around $10k adm (down from $25k 2 months ago). Mark my words, you will be able to get these at sticker if you are patient.

The Shelby GT base price is $35,900. $1,000 gas guzzler tax makes it $36,900 out the door. So, the delta before gas tax is +$900. Excluding options.

The Shelby GT, IMO, with an s/c, would be a better all-around car than the GT500 (handling and acceleration), for a around the same price. You can get these now, at sticker.

I know it can be tough to be patient (I have been waiting a very long time myself). If you don't see the value in the Shelby GT, don't buy it and wait for the '500 to get to sticker, or order an '08. You do have choices.

Just my opinion...

.......hmm, talk about adjusting the facts to your opinion.

Sorry, this is long. Please feel free to skip if you don't want my defense of the Shelby GT.

First, the base price is $35,970 for a Deluxe GT with no options. If somebody wanted a stripped down version for club racing or something that is what they would pay. A tax whether GGT or sales tax is not a price. It is the penalty for living in a democratic society.

Second, on your options point you forgot the DVD Navigation. Was or is that an option on the GT500. There are several people on this forum alone who want the DVD Nav. I don't recall that many options on the GT500. A higher level interior, sure. An automatic, no. A choice to save money on the Anti-theft, no.

Third, the avergae price of a Shelby GT is $40,750 with an automatic???

---Why use the price for an automatic when the average car is not an automatic. Of all the people ordering and looking at cars on several different forums, I have only seen one person who is ordering an automatic. When I talked to approximately 25 dealers in Southern California, who had already ordered their first car, they had all ordered a manual.....The average price, did you find a data base with all the cars ordered so far and actually figure out the average price???? My manual car with all the options except for Shaker 1000 and DVD navigation is $38,110.

Fourth, the price breakdown. Some of your numbers are just wrong. Not significantly but if you are going to berate us with you dislike atleast have the correct information. Also, as my friend Crispy pointed out you the public can buy the GT500. My local dealer has two sitting in his showroom. Yours for the taking at $30,000 ADM. Did you take ADM pricing into your comparison? A GT500 at $20,000 ADM is then $65,000. The highest ADM I have seen anybody post for a Shelby GT is $10,000. That would make my well equipped Shelby GT $49,110 (but I ordered mine at MSRP) with GGT. I can add $15,000 of installed parts from SAI, including supercharger, brakes, and 20" wheels, and still be below what the dealers want for a GT500. That gets me a much lighter, better handling car with 475HP from the SAI factory.....Oh yeah and there is 1/4 less Shelby GTs being built than GT500s.

Lastly, I apologize for the length but I felt the need to respond. Of course this is only my two cents and everybody has the right to their opinion. I am off my soap box now.

Wow.....

Ford is producing all the '500s it can, the limitation is the transmission (limited by Tremec supply issues). There are plenty of '500s around, if you want to pay around $10k adm (down from $25k 2 months ago). Mark my words, you will be able to get these at sticker if you are patient.

The Shelby GT base price is $35,900. $1,000 gas guzzler tax makes it $36,900 out the door. So, the delta before gas tax is +$900. Excluding options.

The Shelby GT, IMO, with an s/c, would be a better all-around car than the GT500 (handling and acceleration), for a around the same price. You can get these now, at sticker.

I know it can be tough to be patient (I have been waiting a very long time myself). If you don't see the value in the Shelby GT, don't buy it and wait for the '500 to get to sticker, or order an '08. You do have choices.

Just my opinion...

If you really want a GT500, do a search on ebay. Type in: "shelby gt500 mustang" When the listing comes up you'll find about 10 to 15 GT500's up for auction. Some are a BUY NOW for under 60k. I personally own one and in my opinion, the car is all that and two bags of chips! After driving this car, Its hard for me to belive that the Shelby GT is a better all around car. I think the Shelby GT is a very cool car and I like the fact that SA is offering some nice options but after you add up the price of all these options, how much does this car cost verses a loaded GT500? Will a fully loaded Shelby GT out perform a GT500 when its all said and done? Most of us look for the best bang for the buck and if you can get a Shelby GT with all the option that SA has to offer for under 40k, thats a great deal. Just my view

.....lol, no it won't be under $40K a good mix of the options. For the supercharger, brakes, wheels, CS hood, instrument pack and some cosmetic stuff I am looking at about $15K installed. The supercharger alone is $6200 installed. However, $39K + $15K = $54K, still below the "average" sales price of a GT500 with ADM.

NO ACTUALLY I LOOKED AT MY INVOICE ,ITS PRETTY SIMPLE TO DO THAT , I THOUGHT THERE WERE 3000 MANUALS AND 3000 AUTOS. DID THIS CHANGE ? F SO LET ME KNOW.. I WILL GET A MANUAL, AS FAR THE NUMBERS THEY CAME OFF MY INVOICE , IM NoT A DREAMER LIKE SOME PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM. HERE ,LET ME BREAK IT DoWN EVEN MORE ....GT COUPE PREM $26805 5 SPEED AUTO $645 INT UPGRADE $460

active theft $325 Shelby outfitters $2040 shaker 1000 $ 1295 =32315 shelby upgrade $7350 plus shipping 745 the magic number is $40410

.......What I understand is each dealer who wanted a Shleby GT would get one. After that the remaining vehicles would be alloted based on market share. Then, if a dealer was offered a scond or more cars atleast 50% of the dealers total allotment would have to be automatic. That would start with their second vehicle if the first was a manual. Considering there is about 4000 dealers, theoretically two-thirds of the cars could be a manual. I don't have access to Fords internal numbers but my experience was that all the dealers I talked to who ordered vehicles had ordered manual.

If you believe the GT500 is such a better vehicle why don't you wait and purchases at GT500. Leave your GT for somebody who picks the GT as their first choice. Either way there IS NO NEED TO YELL........j/k....lol.

.......What I understand is each dealer who wanted a Shleby GT would get one. After that the remaining vehicles would be alloted based on market share. Then, if a dealer was offered a scond or more cars atleast 50% of the dealers total allotment would have to be automatic. That would start with their second vehicle if the first was a manual. Considering there is about 4000 dealers, theoretically two-thirds of the cars could be a manual. I don't have access to Fords internal numbers but my experience was that all the dealers I talked to who ordered vehicles had ordered manual.

If you believe the GT500 is such a better vehicle why don't you wait and purchases at GT500. Leave your GT for somebody who picks the GT as their first choice. Either way there IS NO NEED TO YELL........j/k....lol.

actually the deal direc from the vice presdent of ford , it is 3000 manuals and 3000 automatics,and if a dealer orders a manual the next one has to be an automatic ...no exception if a dealer doesnt do it this way he loses his next vehcle

actually the deal direc from the vice presdent of ford , it is 3000 manuals and 3000 automatics,and if a dealer orders a manual the next one has to be an automatic ...no exception if a dealer doesnt do it this way he loses his next vehcle

That's how I understood it. By the way....if you were unhappy with that price, why did you buy?

AND...if you wanted out, I'm sure your dealer would accomodate you.

AND....... WHAT'S WRONG WITH YELLING?!?!? :P

.......hmm, talk about adjusting the facts to your opinion.

Sorry, this is long. Please feel free to skip if you don't want my defense of the Shelby GT.

First, the base price is $35,970 for a Deluxe GT with no options. If somebody wanted a stripped down version for club racing or something that is what they would pay. A tax whether GGT or sales tax is not a price. It is the penalty for living in a democratic society.

Second, on your options point you forgot the DVD Navigation. Was or is that an option on the GT500. There are several people on this forum alone who want the DVD Nav. I don't recall that many options on the GT500. A higher level interior, sure. An automatic, no. A choice to save money on the Anti-theft, no.

Third, the avergae price of a Shelby GT is $40,750 with an automatic???

---Why use the price for an automatic when the average car is not an automatic. Of all the people ordering and looking at cars on several different forums, I have only seen one person who is ordering an automatic. When I talked to approximately 25 dealers in Southern California, who had already ordered their first car, they had all ordered a manual.....The average price, did you find a data base with all the cars ordered so far and actually figure out the average price???? My manual car with all the options except for Shaker 1000 and DVD navigation is $38,110.

Fourth, the price breakdown. Some of your numbers are just wrong. Not significantly but if you are going to berate us with you dislike atleast have the correct information. Also, as my friend Crispy pointed out you the public can buy the GT500. My local dealer has two sitting in his showroom. Yours for the taking at $30,000 ADM. Did you take ADM pricing into your comparison? A GT500 at $20,000 ADM is then $65,000. The highest ADM I have seen anybody post for a Shelby GT is $10,000. That would make my well equipped Shelby GT $49,110 (but I ordered mine at MSRP) with GGT. I can add $15,000 of installed parts from SAI, including supercharger, brakes, and 20" wheels, and still be below what the dealers want for a GT500. That gets me a much lighter, better handling car with 475HP from the SAI factory.....Oh yeah and there is 1/4 less Shelby GTs being built than GT500s.

Lastly, I apologize for the length but I felt the need to respond. Of course this is only my two cents and everybody has the right to their opinion. I am off my soap box now.

Right on. Extremely well said and well thought out. I agree completely :D

Right on. Extremely well said and well thought out. I agree completely :D

how much is a gt 500 ? i just got word from my dealer for an 07 shelby gt 500 $45769 and its red wth the interor upgrade and 1000 watt stereo. whats ADM . i guess not all dealers screw you sooooooooo i have a shelby gt coming back on the market.....why spend 40 grand for a girls 325 horse when you can get a man 500 horse

how much is a gt 500 ? i just got word from my dealer for an 07 shelby gt 500 $45769 and its red wth the interor upgrade and 1000 watt stereo. whats ADM . i guess not all dealers screw you sooooooooo i have a shelby gt coming back on the market.....why spend 40 grand for a girls 325 horse when you can get a man 500 horse

Yeah... good luck with that. If you walk in out of nowhere and pickup a GT500 for under 60K you'll be the luckiest guy in mustangland.

True there are some dealers who are happy with the MSRP. I don't have any ill will. Enjoy your GT500. That was your first choice. You are allowed to have your opinion but others are allowed to disagree. Again truly drive and enjoy your GT500......Post some pics when you get it.

Not a part of this debate... just addressing the question "What's ADM?".

I believe ADM = Additional Dealer Markup

YOU GOT THE TALKIN DONE! WOULDA COULDA SHOULDA. LlETS MEET AT INFINEON AND SEE WHICH ONE IS FASTER.... MY TELEOHONE IS 415-246-1621 IT WILL BE FUN!

OH AND BUY THE WAY....I DO NOT THINK YOU ARE BOLD ENOUGH TO RACE FOR PINK SLIPS, BUT I KNOW I AM NOT THAT STUPID... HOWEVER I HAVE $100 TO WAGER ON THE RACE. JONATHAN

i will race for slips ,,,,i do hqve bals and the money will call you wen im done tweaking

i will race for slips ,,,,i do hqve bals and the money will call you wen im done tweaking

Look gentlemen, please take it to tells on where you want to meet for your race. I don't care to hear bench racing or pissing contests on a respectable site like this one where I come to get info on the Shelby GT. Thank you and both of you enjoy whatever car you end up with...they are both great cars in my opinion.

Archived