TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone Still have no info from the VIN checker

GTHERO

Is anyone elses SGT still MIA in the VIN checker, I'm trying to get an idea for the status of the other cars being built. I have been assigned an VIN and when I check it on a CARFAx, etc site, it returns as a 07 Mustang GT. Just wondering If it can be possible that my car hasnt been entered into the Shelby system yet????

Is anyone elses SGT still MIA in the VIN checker, I'm trying to get an idea for the status of the other cars being built. I have been assigned an VIN and when I check it on a CARFAx, etc site, it returns as a 07 Mustang GT. Just wondering If it can be possible that my car hasnt been entered into the Shelby system yet????

if its not in our system, we don't have it. Check with your dealer

Amy

Mine was assembled (Ford assembly) on Jan 12th. It hit the Shelby VIN checker on Jan 17th and is on a rail car with an ETA to Shelby of Feb 5th. So after your build date, plan on 2 weeks untill it even arrives to be modified. Also plan on some variance from one unit to another. I've had units take 1 week to arrive from assembly plant and I've had some (from the same plant) take 4 weeks. When rail shippings involved there are a lot of variables that can delay shipping.

The carfax site uses the VIN to identify the car, you can enter one that is a far higher number than has been built and it will decode the vin to tell what it is (even though it doesn't exist)

Just as a point of reference:

My Shelby GT was ordered on December 13.

On January 4th I got a VIN number from my dealer and checked the Shelby VIN checker and the status came up as "Enroute to Shelby Automobiles".

After a couple of weeks of the same "Enroute" status I called Ford Customer Service (800-392-3673) to see if they could give me an idea where the car was and they gave me a status of "delivered to destination" and “released to SAI”. Note: This does NOT necessarily mean it is at SAI, could be at a rail yard or other staging point.

On January 21st the VIN checker came up as “Arrived at Shelby Automobiles”.

So, in my case, it was about 39 days from order to delivery at SAI.

It was 17 days from the "Enroute" to "Arrived" status on the Shelby VIN checker.

Some cars may get there faster and some may take longer but that’s a data point.

Hopefully they will be adding the “Shipped to Dealer” or “Ready for Pickup” status to the VIN Checker sometime soon so all of us anxious future Shelby GT owners can have something else to obsess over!!!

Ordered mine December 01 and still no VIN. Dealer keeps calling Ford but nothing so far. This is not helping my PSDS but I just want the car by April if possible, perfect cruising weather....if it is not raining.

Ordered mine December 01 and still no VIN. Dealer keeps calling Ford but nothing so far. This is not helping my PSDS but I just want the car by April if possible, perfect cruising weather....if it is not raining.

yeah i was under the impression that my car would be at shelby or at least on its way by now :(

all you guys with no info yet, got great news for you... check out www.blueovalforums.com, in the employee section you can post your vin and they will tell you the Status of it in Ford's plant... Mine is being built right now :D so it should be showing up in the Shelby VIN tracker very soon B)

all you guys with no info yet, got great news for you... check out www.blueovalforums.com, in the employee section you can post your vin and they will tell you the Status of it in Ford's plant... Mine is being built right now :D so it should be showing up in the Shelby VIN tracker very soon B)

Problem is I don't have a VIN yet.

:(

IF YOU ARE UNDER CONTRACT

INSIST THAT YOUR DEALER PROVIDES YOU THE VIN. THE DEALER SHOULDER HAVE ONE IF THE CAR HAS BEEN ALLOCATED. IF HE DOES NOT PROVIDE YOU THIS AND YOU ARE UNDER CONTRACT HE PROBABLY GOING TO LET THE FIRST GO TO HIGHEST ADM.

Archived