GT-350_merged

Whould you buy a G.T. 350?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Yes, I would!

• Yes
  2. 2. No, I wouldn't

• No

Hello all

Please don’t flame me to much I started this before the Shelby GT’s were announced…..My ‘03 Mach 1 was totaled out last spring and I just couldn’t stomach the ADM’s on the GT-500’s. So I felt this was my only way to get what I wanted………I also posted some pictures before I added all the emblems and stripes in the "Build It" forums.......

So here's a short outline of what I did..

First start out with the GT Deluxe.....no options...keep the price down..... I then added the California Special Front painted like the Shelby GT prototypes and not the current front which in my opinion look like it's missing it's bottom teeth. Add the California Special rear, side scoops and GT-500 rear wing. Add the Classic Design Concepts hood scoop (I would have liked to use the GEF Hood but IMHO it was just to much money) and the Street Scene Grill. Then the '67 Shelby G.T. 350 emblems and G.T. 350 rocker panel stripes from Graphic-Express. I couldn't find a rear gas cap emblem I liked that would fit so I had a friend make up a one off emblem for the rear using the 65-66 red, white, and blue gas cap emblem as a starting point. And to finish off the visuals a set of Carroll Shelby Wheel Company 18 inch CS66's, the only draw back to these wheels is the red center cap (black or blue would be nice). The center cap is convex so a set of the '67 repo center caps will not work, I'm thinking about removing the caps and poring some liquid latex in the cap to flatten them out so I can add the repo gold center caps....

Then I added the Hurst shifter, a Ford Racing Cold air kit with a Predator Tune, Steda intake elbow, under drive pullies and an axle back exhaust. I'll be adding a Ford Racing suspension kit next but I'm adding an adjustable panhard bar and Ford Racing FR500 lower control arms. I’m also going to change out the rotors and pads as I intend to take this car to open track days at Sebring latter this year.

I have chosen not to add the “Le Mans” stripes as from what I have read the stripes in 67-68 were an option.

And a final note to Amy B. and Carroll Shelby if you can make this into a production car (or something close) I will sell this and buy one!

Please let me know what you all think……….

Thanks

Doug

mach_1_driver@yahoo.com

DSC00484.jpg

DSC00475.jpg

DSC00476.jpg

DSC00478.jpg

DSC00480.jpg

DSC00481.jpg

Picture188.jpg

Picture187.jpg

Picture196.jpg

Picture194.jpg

Really nice job on that. Would it have been that much more to start out with the CA special w/ GT apperance package considering the cost of parts, paint and labor? I do like your hood scoop better than teh one that comes on the GT appearance package though. How about a set of Quarter Window Louvers?

Really nice job on that. Would it have been that much more to start out with the CA special w/ GT apperance package considering the cost of parts, paint and labor? I do like your hood scoop better than teh one that comes on the GT appearance package though. How about a set of Quarter Window Louvers?

OK a new “base” CS/GT is $29,515 my GT cost me $24,500 (zero percent interest)

All parts Needed to Install 07 GT/CS Front Fascia on 05/07 Mustang GT. $349.48

All parts Needed to Install 07 Shelby/ GT/CS Rear Fascia on 05-07 Mustang Gt & V6 $236.61

GT-500 Shelby Factory DuckTail Spoiler $285.20

GT/CS Side Scoops $ 45.53 ea.

SUBTOTAL FOR PARTS SHIPPED TO MY DOOR $952.35

Paint, labor $500.00

TOTAL FOR CS/GT STUFF $1462.35

OK a new “base” CS/GT is $29,515 my GT cost me $24,500 (zero percent interest)

All parts Needed to Install 07 GT/CS Front Fascia on 05/07 Mustang GT. $349.48

All parts Needed to Install 07 Shelby/ GT/CS Rear Fascia on 05-07 Mustang Gt & V6 $236.61

GT-500 Shelby Factory DuckTail Spoiler $285.20

GT/CS Side Scoops $ 45.53 ea.

SUBTOTAL FOR PARTS SHIPPED TO MY DOOR $952.35

Paint, labor $500.00

TOTAL FOR CS/GT STUFF $1462.35

That was a good deal! Of course the CS/GT has a leather interior and comes w/ the 18" wheels and tires. But you did end up with a unique ride that nobody else has which is always a plus! Heck, you could but in aftermarket heated leather seats and still be a couple of grand ahead! Nice! I'm also thinking those are some great prices for the parts you bought and the labor ain't bad either. I'd be lucky to get my body shop to put a pinstripe on for 500 bucks, lol.

......It's a very nice looking ride. I especially like the faux gas cap, I would have like to seen something like it done for the Shelby GT by SAI.....Amy??????

Definately nice....love the blue and white paint scheme.

Our Gt350 when and if it comes, it will be white w/blue and Blue w/white, it will have 400+ HP. All the Mustangs are cool. enjoy them.....

Amy

Our Gt350 when it comes will be white w/blue and Blue w/white, it will have 400+ HP. All the Mustangs are cool. enjoy them.....

Amy

Hi Amy,

I'm curious. Does your reply constitute official confirmation of an upcoming GT350? Or, should we construe this as "unofficial confirmation from a reliable source?"

At any rate, please keep us all informed as to any future developments relative to this. WE ARE ALL JUST DYING TO KNOW!! :)

Our Gt350 when and if it comes, it will be white w/blue and Blue w/white, it will have 400+ HP. All the Mustangs are cool. enjoy them.....

Amy

OMG! Will that be NA or Vortech'd or such??? Just wanted to get some idea of SA thinking on the possibility of hi-po NA GT350 (of course you could do both and be historically correct too ;-) <lol>)

Any shareqable insight for us, Amy?

regards and thanks for all the good stuff,

-Dan

OMG! Will that be NA or Vortech'd or such??? Just wanted to get some idea of SA thinking on the possibility of hi-po NA GT350 (of course you could do both and be historically correct too ;-) <lol>)

Any shareqable insight for us, Amy?

regards and thanks for all the good stuff,

-Dan

If we did a Gt350, it would need to have 400 HP. I am not working on one yet. We have a lot going on and this is not in the for seeable future....sorry guys

Amy

I like what you did it looks great.I just bought a new white GT/CS and have added Dark Blue GT 350 side stripes ADDED A 07 GT 500 grill snake emblem to the center of the grill.I took 2 GT grills and made one custom grill.MY MEXT ADDITION WILL BE THE GT 500 rear spoiler.I like that You painted the center section of the front spoiler i thinking about doing mine that way.I added the 07 snak emblems to the front fenders.So i to would sell mine for a real GT 350 but only without any Delear mark up.

Well, at the very least, Amy can see how fired up everybody got at the prospect of a GT350! And both you guys did a very cool job on your cars. :wub: Sweet rides!

Believe me , I get it...... There is a time and place for everything. We will follow the legacy and we will have some new stuff too ....hang in

Amy, thanks for your candor -- as always.

-Dan

So Reading between the lines, the new GT350 will have the 5.0 enginewhich means it will be a 2008 production car. the Retro 10 spokes look great an I love the job done on the appearance package by a highly motivated individual. over the top

stripe delete works for me! sure wish my Shelby GT could arrive without them!!! :o

So Reading between the lines, the new GT350 will have the 5.0 enginewhich means it will be a 2008 production car. the Retro 10 spokes look great an I love the job done on the appearance package by a highly motivated individual. over the top

stripe delete works for me! sure wish my Shelby GT could arrive without them!!! :o

Judging by the interest in the CS 66 wheels, how about a write in campaign to make these wheels optional.

I know some people would like 19, or 20's but these just look "right". And it would keep costs down. I hear rumor that they are looking to offer another wheel do to the umbiquitious bullets, and the not so popular Razor. The front runner is rumored to be the American racing "Redline". Nice, but my vote is for Antharcite CS 66's

How about a poll to see what wheel would be ordered most often if available. Amy B. and John W. aim to please.

Well, at the very least, Amy can see how fired up everybody got at the prospect of a GT350! And both you guys did a very cool job on your cars. :wub: Sweet rides!

GT-350 - That's once sweet ride. Nice work!

Yes, the next Shelby mustang will need to have 400+ HP. The next generation Camaro goes on sale soon and will be available with the 400 hp LS2 engine from the Corvette. Pricing will be competitive with the Mustang. It's also rumored to get nearly 30 mpg (EPA Highway), like the 'Vette. The Pony Car wars are back! :D

Yeah, I said "next" Shelby Mustang because the man himself said he's tuning Mustangs until he's "horizontal".

Check out this interview from Mustang.com with Carroll Shelby at Barrett-Jackson in Palm Beach.

Carroll indicates big announcement coming soon about 3 more cars they will be building in partnership with Ford in Vegas! :P

Archived