TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Serial number 1 for $660000!!

reb

.....I thought it was $600,000 but what is $60K between friends.

From what I saw it was actually for #1 & #2. The second car was added late in the auction by the Ford guys but the auction price didn't increase. It was added as the oppurtunity to buy #2 at sticker. Um, OK. The auction also included a Fender Stratcaster (sp) guitar painted the black with Shelby GT fender stripe and lettering.

The auction was won by the same person who bought the #1 GT500 and #3 Ford GT last year. The next auction he bought Mr. Shelby's personal Super Cobra (1 of 1) for 5 million. Do you think he would adopt a modest family from SoCal?

.....I thought it was $600,000 but what is $60K between friends.

From what I saw it was actually for #1 & #2. The second car was added late in the auction by the Ford guys but the auction price didn't increase. It was added as the oppurtunity to buy #2 at sticker. Um, OK. The auction also included a Fender Stratcaster (sp) guitar painted the black with Shelby GT fender stripe and lettering.

The auction was won by the same person who bought the #1 GT500 and #3 Ford GT last year. The next auction he bought Mr. Shelby's personal Super Cobra (1 of 1) for 5 million. Do you think he would adopt a modest family from SoCal?

I was counting the 10 percent buyers fee. Makes the GT 660000 and the Supersnake $5500000.

The back-to-back sales of the Shelby GT and SuperSnake have definitely been the highlight of the 2007 Barrett Jackson auction so far. I'm guessing that the guy who paid $250K for the only non-rental Shelby GT-H late last year is feeling quite good about his purchase (as if he didn''t already...).

And not to spit hairs, but I thought that there were no buyer's commissions on this car since all proceeds went to charity...so the price was actually $600K even. Could be wrong, though.

Man! That's a lot of money for a Fender Stratocaster guitar!!!

It's always amusing to watch the "showboats" on Barrett-Jackson. Nothing more than fools and their money in action.

The sad part is, it's left the average car enthusiast relegated to a lower position in the actual playing field of buy/sell, as too many people use the auction as a benchmark value marker. It does "up" the values somewhat, but leaves sellers thinking they should get top dollar for less than #1 car(s).

I just hope this doesn't ruin any deals that were out there for orders placed tentatively at MSRP for the Shelby GT.

Let's see what happens.

Archived