TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Look what somebody is trying to sell on Ebay

jrav8er

Somebody is selling CS6 brochures. I am sure Amy would have a fit if she sees this guy selling these. I am sure there are some copyright issues as well. I HOPE it is not one of our own members. If it is you should Cease and diciest copying photos off Shelby's website and trying to sell them. Amy Go get em.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2006-SHELBY-Mustang-CS...VQQcmdZViewItem

Well if they are Shelby produced it's probably not a copyright issue and if you compare this to the way free software is distributed, you can charge a reasonable handling fee to cover the cost of getting and packaging so that might not be an issue either unless it specifically states on the pamphlet not for resale or some other legalese. In a way, you gotta admire this guy, a true capitalist, find something that's free and sell it to those to stupid to figure out that it's free.

Never buy anything on eBay that you do not know the value of going in. I'm restoring a 46 year old sailboat and I've seen people pay more for items than they could get them for at the sellers brick and mortar store. RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH!!! Before you buy...

Well if they are Shelby produced it's probably not a copyright issue and if you compare this to the way free software is distributed, you can charge a reasonable handling fee to cover the cost of getting and packaging so that might not be an issue either unless it specifically states on the pamphlet not for resale or some other legalese. In a way, you gotta admire this guy, a true capitalist, find something that's free and sell it to those to stupid to figure out that it's free.

Never buy anything on eBay that you do not know the value of going in. I'm restoring a 46 year old sailboat and I've seen people pay more for items than they could get them for at the sellers brick and mortar store. RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH!!! Before you buy...

I did an "ask seller a question" and he told me that he produces them on nice photo quality glossy card-stock. So a copyright issue is definitely something to look into. It just burns my A $$ to see this stuff going on. There is allot of crooks on ebay. I sold a guy a set of seat belt inertia reels for a Hummer H1 with the mounting brackets. He paid, got the item, removed the mounting brackets, then complained that they were not in the box, filed a complaint with ebay I refunded his money when he produced a tracking number that they were on their way back to me. When I got the box and opened it No brackets. He stole them. What a jerk.

I did an "ask seller a question" and he told me that he produces them on nice photo quality glossy card-stock. So a copyright issue is definitely something to look into. It just burns my A $$ to see this stuff going on. There is allot of crooks on ebay. I sold a guy a set of seat belt inertia reels for a Hummer H1 with the mounting brackets. He paid, got the item, removed the mounting brackets, then complained that they were not in the box, filed a complaint with ebay I refunded his money when he produced a tracking number that they were on their way back to me. When I got the box and opened it No brackets. He stole them. What a jerk.

Did you report him to eBay? I've purchased a lot of stuff on eBay and I only ever had one problem which resolved satisfactorily with the delivery of the merchandise. I do document everything I do there and keep a paper trail (well, email trail). I use my credit card through PayPal. This gives me options beyond what eBay or PayPal offer. In the one transaction where I had problems (the seller was not a big time seller and had some family problems so he was extremely slow in sending the stuff) I was able to stop the transaction through the credit card company even after the PayPal and eBay time periods for refunds had expired. The seller contacted me after he had resolved his family problem, apologized and we completed the transaction. A pain, but everything worked out in the end.

Selling-wise, I think it would be a better idea to issue refunds only after you have received the return and verified it is all there. For people who use the eBay complaint system to try and hijack you, there are ways to aggressively pursue them. This will not remove the complaint, but you can edit their remarks and explain how, in your case, this guy ripped you off.

Just for curiosities sake, what's his eBay name? Might be interesting to look up him up and see what kind of rep he has.

Archived