TEAM SHELBY FORUM

DEALER MARK UP

SHELBYGUY

I think I may have gotten over on my dealer. When I bought the car they said the car was 30,195 + the dealer markup. Thats $38 k and some change out the door. I have a signed contract by them and me. They did not include the 7280. , so it looks as though I will get the car for about what the dealer paid for it. I guess we will see. Any car dealers out there can shed some light on this?

I think I may have gotten over on my dealer. When I bought the car they said the car was 30,195 + the dealer markup. Thats $38 k and some change out the door. I have a signed contract by them and me. They did not include the 7280. , so it looks as though I will get the car for about what the dealer paid for it. I guess we will see. Any car dealers out there can shed some light on this?

I would say you lucked out. I wouldn't say a thing till they bring it up. I would see if you can get the VIN if you don't already have it, that way you can keep track of the car and they can't tell you they never got it. If you can get them to give you the VIN in writing so much the better. See if you can get the salesman to call your insurance agent with the VIN so you can get an insurance quote. Now you have a third party witness that the vin is yours. They may try to renegotiate with you, but just hold firm. Read both sides of your purchase agreement so you know what you are talking about. Does the agreement say X amount over MSRP, or just a price. I think you would win that one in court if you chose to fight that. The dealer is supposed to be the expert, and he gave you the price. If it was me in your shoes I'd have been willing to woerk with the dealer if he sold it to me for MSRP, but he marked it up the 7K so I'd hold the line. Yes, I'm a dealer and I'm going to mark mine up. I almost mad ethe same mistake on e-bay before the follow up pricing came up. Pulled the listing before anybody bid. The preceeding isn't leagle advice, you can always call the consumer affairs division of the AG's office in your state for additional guidance.

Jim

My dealer said they will sell at MSRP. I was first on the list and they will only get one this year. Small dearlership in Southern Maryland. However, with that said we'll see what happens now that the first and second SGT went for $600K plus at auction.

Do any of these retards at the dealerships actually know that the Shelby auction cars (damned Barrett-Jackson anyway) are going for charities?????? Or are they like the rest of the greed-ridden maggots who see a pristine 1967 GT500 go through B/J for $300K and believe the rusted hulk of a '66 coupe (six cylinder/three speed manual) with no title should naturally be worth $10,000???????

I personally hate Barrett-Jackson. That auction has destroyed hot rodding and muscle cars for the average American.

Do any of these retards at the dealerships actually know that the Shelby auction cars (damned Barrett-Jackson anyway) are going for charities?????? Or are they like the rest of the greed-ridden maggots who see a pristine 1967 GT500 go through B/J for $300K and believe the rusted hulk of a '66 coupe (six cylinder/three speed manual) with no title should naturally be worth $10,000???????

I personally hate Barrett-Jackson. That auction has destroyed hot rodding and muscle cars for the average American.

Well said UltraStang! I couldn't agree more. Barrett-Jackson has become a freak show involving people who don't know what to do with their money, or the value of it. They'd bid up the price of a Cavalier hubcap if they thought it was worth something. It's the worst possible place to buy a car-in front of thousands of others who want the same car (very dumb). And let's not forget the TV "effect"!

It has ruined the market for the average car enthusiast to say the least.

I AM LOOKING AT WHAT OTHERS ARE PAYING OR HAVE BEEN QUOTED FOR DEALER MARK-UP OTHER THE PRICES FOR THE GT PLUS SAI UPFITTERS PACKAGE.

Right now... Mine is at MSRP and we're still determining the ADM from the dealer. He said of all the dealers he's spoken with, only 2 others have ordered the car for customers, the rest have just ordered them into the dealerships. He says they're asking $7k and $9k for ADM. :o We said NO to that one!!! :angry: We said we'd go MAYBE $5, but we have a threshold of pain that we'd pay for the car. He hasn't discussed the Museum delivery with us, yet. He really wants the car to come into his dealership... :huh:

Gary

'UltraStang#1'

Who are you to call us retards at the dealership level???????? are you EVEN 16 years old yet???

I sell Commercial & Fleet Trucks, and CUSTOMER SATIFACATION is my ONLY CONCERN. I have SOLD 11 GT500's, 2 FORD GT's, and my ONLY (1) SHELBY GT. To Customers who are understanding of what these cars mean. I have Personally driven 2000+ miles to Buy & Pickup a Shelby GT500 for one of my GREAT Customers, to make sure they got the EXCACT CAR they wanted. I would be HAPPY TO SELL YOU all the Mustang GT's that you want at INVOICE with NO D/H, TITLE, or OTHER FEE's. But the LIMITED EDITION cars are just that, LIMITED. I have set a Price for those cars, and if you don't agree with it that's YOUR RIGHT. BUT TO CALL ME A RETARD & Greed-Ridden Maggot, you have ALOT of GROWING UP TO DO.

HARLEY 06, I think UltraStang#1 is just expressing his frustration with the Market Adjustment Values; yes these are limited edition cars. But Ford, Motor Trend, Car and Drive advertise these cars as priced for the middle income buyer. Not the buyer of Porsches, Corvettes, or any of the high dollar sports cars. When all is said and done, this Shelby GT is just a very special Mustang.

Your Dealership deals honestly, my does which is why I have bought all my Fords from them. My Shelby GT out the dealership door to my house $42K, but they only get one per year. I was first on the list. However, the 2007 Ford GT they have on the floor is $20K above MSRP, $170,000.00.

'BUT TO CALL ME A RETARD & Greed-Ridden Maggot, you have ALOT of GROWING UP TO DO.

I was going to post a similar reply but figured it would fall on deaf ears. I don't really want to get into this discussion on the board and create hostility, doesn't do any of us any good!

SC 13T498

HARLEY 06, I think UltraStang#1 is just expressing his frustration with the Market Adjustment Values; yes these are limited edition cars. But Ford, Motor Trend, Car and Drive advertise these cars as priced for the middle income buyer. Not the buyer of Porsches, Corvettes, or any of the high dollar sports cars. When all is said and done, this Shelby GT is just a very special Mustang.

Your Dealership deals honestly, my does which is why I have bought all my Fords from them. My Shelby GT out the dealership door to my house $42K, but they only get one per year. I was first on the list. However, the 2007 Ford GT they have on the floor is $20K above MSRP, $170,000.00.

There is no 2007 Ford GT. Must be a left over 06. We got our ONLY GT in August 06. Must have been one of the last built. We discounted ours 10K. I think the big money over MSRP for that car is over. Only so many buyers available in that price range.

I do have a vin # and a full contract. I am talking to my attorney soon. They are trying to get me to sign another contract.

I paid $1,000 over MSRP for the car with Shelby package priced at $7,390 & $1,000 for the GGT my total price will be $39,915 plus T.T.& L., so about $42,200 give or take a buck. I may add on a few cosmetic parts from the mod shop that may push the price over $43k, but what the heck, you only live once!

IASHELBYGT

I was going to post a similar reply but figured it would fall on deaf ears. I don't really want to get into this discussion on the board and create hostility, doesn't do any of us any good!

SC 13T498

There is no 2007 Ford GT. Must be a left over 06. We got our ONLY GT in August 06. Must have been one of the last built. We discounted ours 10K. I think the big money over MSRP for that car is over. Only so many buyers available in that price range.

Jim - yes 2006 Ford GT not 2007

gor256

I do have a vin # and a full contract. I am talking to my attorney soon. They are trying to get me to sign another contract.

Probably to soon to start spending money on an attorney, you can call the attorney general for free. An inquiry from them to the dealership should put things right. They know they are on the hook and if push comes to shove they will cave. They just have to know that you won't.

Oh by the way, you keep mentioning greed. You KNOW that you bought the car way below market value due to a mistake. If the situation was reversed and it turned out the MSRP was going to be 20K you would be screaming bloody murder if they tried to hold you to your contract price. But no, you want to get a lawyer. Don't get me wrong, if I were in your shoes I'd do the same thing. Just pointing out that this cuts both ways.

Let me ask you something. You answer an ad in the paper, 68 Mustang for sale $1,500 dollars. Turns out it's an old lady selling her dead sons old car. He died in Nam. She's only selling it because she is having a hard time making ends meet. She takes you out to the barn and shows you a 68 GT500 KR convertible all covered in dust with 2,000 miles on it, what do YOU do?

A. Offer her a 1,000 because it's gonna need to be painted

B. Give her the 1,500

C. Tell her she is sitting on a gold mine that will keep her comfortable the rest of her days.

1968 Shelby GT500 KR Convertible, $208650, sold at auction.

I'm pretty upset at the price of the GT 500 now. When I purchaced mine in June of 2006 I was told they were only going to produce 700. I was on a waiting list for over a year, I thought I was getting a deal, my Brother works for Ford and I got the only GT 500 they were getting. It's number 259 and I paid 63,000 for mine. Now that Ford is hurting financially, And the SHELBY GT 500 is the only profitable car selling for them now ,all us early SHELBY owners got screwed.Before delivery I was offered 90,000 for mine,I didn't sell because I didn't think I would ever have an oppertunity for another one. If I would have known I would have waited a little while longer.

Probably to soon to start spending money on an attorney, you can call the attorney general for free. An inquiry from them to the dealership should put things right. They know they are on the hook and if push comes to shove they will cave. They just have to know that you won't.

Oh by the way, you keep mentioning greed. You KNOW that you bought the car way below market value due to a mistake. If the situation was reversed and it turned out the MSRP was going to be 20K you would be screaming bloody murder if they tried to hold you to your contract price. But no, you want to get a lawyer. Don't get me wrong, if I were in your shoes I'd do the same thing. Just pointing out that this cuts both ways.

Let me ask you something. You answer an ad in the paper, 68 Mustang for sale $1,500 dollars. Turns out it's an old lady selling her dead sons old car. He died in Nam. She's only selling it because she is having a hard time making ends meet. She takes you out to the barn and shows you a 68 GT500 KR convertible all covered in dust with 2,000 miles on it, what do YOU do?

A. Offer her a 1,000 because it's gonna need to be painted

B. Give her the 1,500

C. Tell her she is sitting on a gold mine that will keep her comfortable the rest of her days.

1968 Shelby GT500 KR Convertible, $208650, sold at auction.

Let me ask you something.

If I walked into the dealer and the car was 7800 more than what they quoted me do you think they would let me off the hook?

I do not know whats going to happen. I will see.

As far as the little old lady , does she live in a big estate house with butlers and a driver of her rolls ? Or does she live in a shack down by the river? I guess it would depend.

Let me ask you something.

If I walked into the dealer and the car was 7800 more than what they quoted me do you think they would let me off the hook?

I do not know whats going to happen. I will see.

As far as the little old lady , does she live in a big estate house with butlers and a driver of her rolls ? Or does she live in a shack down by the river? I guess it would depend.

It depends. Did they write you up at a firm number? (such as 37,645) Or did they write you up at a figure over MSRP w/o specifying what MSRP was? (Such as 5,000 over MSRP) If it is a firm number they are stuck. If it is a number over MSRP you are stuck. If it is a number over MSRP and it's to expensive for you, I don't see them giving you a hard time about getting the deposit back, especially since they gave you the wrong MSRP price. They shouldn't have a hard time moving the car. I would make a photo copy of your copy of the buyers order and leave the original at home. Want to make sure teh original doesn't "get lost" at the dealership.

'UltraStang#1'

Who are you to call us retards at the dealership level???????? are you EVEN 16 years old yet???

I sell Commercial & Fleet Trucks, and CUSTOMER SATIFACATION is my ONLY CONCERN. I have SOLD 11 GT500's, 2 FORD GT's, and my ONLY (1) SHELBY GT. To Customers who are understanding of what these cars mean. I have Personally driven 2000+ miles to Buy & Pickup a Shelby GT500 for one of my GREAT Customers, to make sure they got the EXCACT CAR they wanted. I would be HAPPY TO SELL YOU all the Mustang GT's that you want at INVOICE with NO D/H, TITLE, or OTHER FEE's. But the LIMITED EDITION cars are just that, LIMITED. I have set a Price for those cars, and if you don't agree with it that's YOUR RIGHT. BUT TO CALL ME A RETARD & Greed-Ridden Maggot, you have ALOT of GROWING UP TO DO.

RIGHT ON ULTRASTANG YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD THEY ARE MAGGOTS AND LIKE TO COME ON LIKE THERE DOING YOU A FAVORFOR SELLING ME A CAR WHAT A JOKE WHEN FORD OUT BUSINESS THEN THESE WILLREALLY BE COLLECTORS ITEM

Archived