TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Some general infornation

gor256_merged

My name is gor256 and I am one day away from placing my order of the SGT. I have had all my questions answered from my dealership and SAI. Thought I would pass some info to the forum.

Below is a response from a conversation I had with SAI with respect to the hood/side scoops and the fog lights:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

All of the GTs will go through the entire transformation into a Shelby GT. The hood WILL get the scoop. And it WILL come with side scoops. We can remove the SGT hood and replace it with the GT-H hood. We are working on pricing for this option. Also, we can remove the side scoops. We are working on a lower grill for the SGT that will be able to contain fog lamps. Again, we are working on this.

To attain accurate pricing for the SGT, the price of the Standard GT (with all options) will be supplemented by a separate Maronie Label that will have our (Shelby) breakdown for the price of $7390. This $7390 is includes the cost of the 54U upfitters package.

Modifications done to the car will have an affect on delivery time. There are several factors that must be added in. We will be able to ship back, to the dealer, any Shelby GT that has not been modified MECHANICALLY.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as pricing goes for the SCT, my dealership will sell the SGT for MSRP, which is just the way they are. However, they are a small dealership and will only get one SGT per year; I am first on the list.

IF the Market follows the GT-500 the pricing, the SGT price will be determined by the auctioned value of the first SGT for Carroll Shelby’s Children Fund. I understand this will happen some time in January 2007, if not already.

Bottom line the GT-500 in the Washington DC area is selling for MSRP plus $10K to $18K Market Adjustment Price. This past summer 2006 I saw the GT-500’s selling for $80K, not kidding.

This may or may not happen to the SGT.

My name is gor256 and I am one day away from placing my order of the SGT. I have had all my questions answered from my dealership and SAI. Thought I would pass some info to the forum.

To attain accurate pricing for the SGT, the price of the Standard GT (with all options) will be supplemented by a separate Maronie Label that will have our (Shelby) breakdown for the price of $7390. This $7390 is includes the cost of the 54U upfitters package.

This is again, a price adjustment if indeed correct regarding the 54u package. IF the 7390 includes the upfitters package that means pricing should be lower than most expect now.

It also makes the car more "fairly" priced. 7390 is a lot for suspension, the engine mods, and badging/striping.

The 54U is 2140.00 at MSRP.

Makes the acutal car price only 5200 ish more, plus 1000 GGT - that gets the price back around that 35k originally expected months ago.

the GGT was unexpected I think, so that 1k suprised everyone.

HOWEVER it would be great to get a clarification if that 54u package is passed on by shelby. I doubt it, but this again causes me more confusion if I am reading it correctly.

Has any dealer really figured out how this thing is priced?

Hell, my dealer thinks the one I ordered is 30,500, and another local dealer quoted a friend MSRP of about the same.

......The upfitter is not included in the $7390. Amy, said the price of a Shelby GT in deluxe trim and no options is $36,900 (including $1000 GGT).

Deluxe GT $26,370

Upfitter 2,140

SAI charge 7,390

GGT 1,000

Total: $36,900

I may be off a few dollars because I don't have my paper work in front of me.

......The upfitter is not included in the $7390. Amy, said the price of a Shelby GT in deluxe trim and no options is $36,900 (including $1000 GGT).

Deluxe GT $26,370

Upfitter 2,140

SAI charge 7,390

GGT 1,000

Total: $36,900

I may be off a few dollars because I don't have my paper work in front of me.

Ford charges the customer ($2140) for their involvement in the program for the parts they have changed from a regular Mustang GT before sending the car to Las Vegas (SAI). Things like rear diffuser, wheels, etc. The SAI upcharge ($7390) is for the modifications that were not done by Ford such as suspension, grill, badging, engine tune, hood, shifter, etc. Shelby performs most of the "altered" work, so they get the lion's share of the overall price increase over that of a regular Mustang GT. I think I have this right...............and it makes sense.

This is again, a price adjustment if indeed correct regarding the 54u package. IF the 7390 includes the upfitters package that means pricing should be lower than most expect now.

It also makes the car more "fairly" priced. 7390 is a lot for suspension, the engine mods, and badging/striping.

The 54U is 2140.00 at MSRP.

Makes the acutal car price only 5200 ish more, plus 1000 GGT - that gets the price back around that 35k originally expected months ago.

the GGT was unexpected I think, so that 1k suprised everyone.

HOWEVER it would be great to get a clarification if that 54u package is passed on by shelby. I doubt it, but this again causes me more confusion if I am reading it correctly.

Has any dealer really figured out how this thing is priced?

Hell, my dealer thinks the one I ordered is 30,500, and another local dealer quoted a friend MSRP of about the same.

Our label will say %$U package, because the ford components and our components are all part of the 54U. BUT, The ford piece is 2140.00 and ours is 7390. Remember also that the 7390.00 includes all FFRP, all of our parts, labor, transportation, warrenty, etc.

Amy

Thanks for the clarification Amy.

It is interesting, two different comments about the 54U from two different sources at SAI.

Amy states that the $2,140 54U is the up fitter price with SAI $7,390 for the conversion. My source at SAI states that the 54U price of $2,140 is included in the $7,390.

My sale representative at the dealership let me read Fords description and it can be taken both ways.

The bottom line is how the dealership interpreted this, we’ll pay either way. The American Market system is alive and well.

See you all on the road!!

Archived