TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Lost Shelby GT?

CudaFly

There is a Mustang GT listed on E-Bay (item #290071554896 ) that looks like it's from Ford with the Shelby GT upfitters package. When you type the VIN number (1zvht82h475285095) on the Shelby Autos VIN Checker it come up as "Enroute to Shelby Autos". It's sitting on a dealr's lot in Brownsburg, IN. Strange.... seems to be lost in transit.

There is some misinformation on the E-Bay listing (e.g., listed at 319 HP without Shelby mods?) but that is not unusual on E-Bay.

I have a VIN number for a Shelby GT that I commited to on December 13. The VIN number of my car has been coming up on the Shelbey Auto VIN Checker as "Enroute to Shelby Autos" since January 4th. I hope it's not sitting on some dealers lot!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Shelby...1QQcmdZViewItem

It's also listed as a GT-H, not a Shelby GT.

They are saying it is the "retail" gth. That is what the Shelby GT has been referred to as. Apparently this car was ordered as a Shelby GT and the dealership got it before it went to shelby. Interesting

They are saying it is the "retail" gth. That is what the Shelby GT has been referred to as. Apparently this car was ordered as a Shelby GT and the dealership got it before it went to shelby. Interesting

This is their latest post: "This is a special ordered Mustang that was built in the plant to be a Retail Shelby Hertz Mustang. This car has everything from the factory needed for this Mustang, just that it has not been sent to Shelby to get the appearance package. As a result of this, this makes this a very rare vehicle. We are not trying to misrepresent this item... "

However, I don't see a CAI on the car so its not 319 hp like there're claiming. It's also not lowered.

.........lol, it sounds like a CS/GT to me, lol........j/k

Its got the uppfitters package because of the black wheels, I don't know of any other way to get those wheels, and the Nav system is a new release item built after the Hertz cars. I'd just like to know how they got it built that way since CONCEPS (Ford's ordering program) won't let me order a Uppfitters package car without the drop ship code. That will be a very rare car, but I'll take a completed Shelby any day.

There is a Mustang GT listed on E-Bay (item #290071554896 ) that looks like it's from Ford with the Shelby GT upfitters package. When you type the VIN number (1zvht82h475285095) on the Shelby Autos VIN Checker it come up as "Enroute to Shelby Autos". It's sitting on a dealr's lot in Brownsburg, IN. Strange.... seems to be lost in transit.

There is some misinformation on the E-Bay listing (e.g., listed at 319 HP without Shelby mods?) but that is not unusual on E-Bay.

I have a VIN number for a Shelby GT that I commited to on December 13. The VIN number of my car has been coming up on the Shelbey Auto VIN Checker as "Enroute to Shelby Autos" since January 4th. I hope it's not sitting on some dealers lot!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Shelby...1QQcmdZViewItem

ok, First of all, that car in the ad is NOT a Shelby Gt or a GT-H, its a california special. or they just used the california special parts.

Second, cars start shipping next week. If your car "says enroute" car your dealer and ask them what is up. I am getting cars every day, so I am not sure what your hold up is

Amy

It doesn't have GT/CS stripes or decklid badge...

You know mistakes happen in life, it occurs to me this is just an error by Ford. If the VIN shows enroute to Shelby in Las Vegas, someone with a hangover could have put it on the truck to this dealer by mistake or it could have been shipped due to a computer error.

Or it could be a secret plan by Ford to see if this option might sell as a marketing tool (LOL) !!!!!!

I wonder if after Amy's post someone at Ford gets a call and they ask for the car back. I personally think the 54U upfitter package is a neat option by itself.

Amy/Brad, you both seem to have the most contacts, how about keeping tabs on this post and lets see where we end up. What a story, kind of like finding a Cobra in an old barn

If it was a GT/CS wouldn't it have the fake California Special around the GT Cap on the rear.

Very Interesting, Just my thoughts..........

Archived