TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Whats the best way to remove the GT logo from fender?

Flyingbadgers2001

Hey all, Anyone have a proven method to remove OEM logos from the car without using a rusted pipe wrench and a bottle of Grape Gatorade?? I would like remove the badges with solvents rather than razors or anything that will scratch the paint , and yet won't melt the paint or my hands with chemicals. Any sugestions? Maybe links to sites that show "How to do it yourself" . Thanks in advance. -FB

Hey all, Anyone have a proven method to remove OEM logos from the car without using a rusted pipe wrench and a bottle of Grape Gatorade?? I would like remove the badges with solvents rather than razors or anything that will scratch the paint , and yet won't melt the paint or my hands with chemicals. Any sugestions? Maybe links to sites that show "How to do it yourself" . Thanks in advance. -FB

A word of caution. Behind the side fender GT logo you WILL find holes there. Unless you are putting a Shelby snake there leave it on. The best way is to heat it with a heat gun or a hair dryer. If you use a hair dryer you may be able to work it off with your fingers. You Must pull it straight off because there are plastic pins on the back of the letters. If you pull from the top only the pin may wedge in the hole and restrict any further movement. You will then apply more and more pressure until you either bend the opening of the hole and go flying back on your arsh or you break the plastic pins and go flying back on your arsh. And this is not the type of flying you are accustomed to I bet. Once it is off and your ready to apply the snake first test fit the snake in the holes that are there and make sure the snake is level. The holes are pre punched at the factory and are standard. The same hole pattern is compatible with the GT logo, Pony Package logo and the Shelby snake. After the test fit clean the area with alcohol to get whatever adhesive residue off. Let it dry. Peel the backing off the logo hold it in two hands and square the logo parallel to the surface of the fender. It is slightly tricky to get the pins aligned and into the holes before pushing the logo forward and letting the adhesive touch. Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

Jim

A word of caution. Behind the side fender GT logo you WILL find holes there. Unless you are putting a Shelby snake there leave it on. The best way is to heat it with a heat gun or a hair dryer. If you use a hair dryer you may be able to work it off with your fingers. You Must pull it straight off because there are plastic pins on the back of the letters. If you pull from the top only the pin may wedge in the hole and restrict any further movement. You will then apply more and more pressure until you either bend the opening of the hole and go flying back on your arsh or you break the plastic pins and go flying back on your arsh. And this is not the type of flying you are accustomed to I bet. Once it is off and your ready to apply the snake first test fit the snake in the holes that are there and make sure the snake is level. The holes are pre punched at the factory and are standard. The same hole pattern is compatible with the GT logo, Pony Package logo and the Shelby snake. After the test fit clean the area with alcohol to get whatever adhesive residue off. Let it dry. Peel the backing off the logo hold it in two hands and square the logo parallel to the surface of the fender. It is slightly tricky to get the pins aligned and into the holes before pushing the logo forward and letting the adhesive touch. Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

Jim

Ditto, thats how I did it.

Archived