TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Question for RichS

ksmach1

Rich,

A month ago I took delivery of a 2007 Shelby GT500. The car only came with the standard paperwork from Ford (ie owners manual). I have no paperwork that really gives the car authenticity from Shelby. Can you tell me if I'm missing this info or if the car only comes with the standard stuff that every car comes with. Also, is every GT500 made automatically put into the Shelby Registry? Thanks

Ken

Rich,

A month ago I took delivery of a 2007 Shelby GT500. The car only came with the standard paperwork from Ford (ie owners manual). I have no paperwork that really gives the car authenticity from Shelby. Can you tell me if I'm missing this info or if the car only comes with the standard stuff that every car comes with. Also, is every GT500 made automatically put into the Shelby Registry? Thanks

Ken

Rich

As far as the registry goes you have to put it in there yourself. You should have got the dealer order sheet.There isn't much else as far as the dealer has outside of brochure's or banners that they could have for advertisings. There isn't a build sheet as far as I know.

I find that most dealers that weren't SVT dealers don't have a clue about these cars and what is important to the buyers of these Historic Classical Automobiles

Art

Red With Performance White Strips

Here is the address to the registry

http://www.saac.com/worldRegistry/2007_shelby.html

Brian

Thanks for the link. I have learned in the last month that Ford dealers know next to nothing about these cars. Is it just me? Is the GT500 there flagship or not? I got a call two days ago from a local Chrysler dealer that has a 2007 Shelby GT500 conv for sale. So I had to check it out to see if it was the real Mc Coy. Sure enough they have the car and it was amazing that the salesmen had an answer for all of my questions about the Shelby. They knew more about this car than the Ford dealer that I purchased from. What's wrong with this picture. The GT500 is one thing, but the information train on the Shelby GT is even worse. How do you build a customer base? Just my veiw of the typical Ford dealer.

I do have the Chrysler dealers info if anyone is interrested in the conv. I know they are asking 15k over MSRP and the car is tripple black with 10 miles on it.

Ken

• 8 months later...

Thanks for the link. I have learned in the last month that Ford dealers know next to nothing about these cars. Is it just me? Is the GT500 there flagship or not? I got a call two days ago from a local Chrysler dealer that has a 2007 Shelby GT500 conv for sale. So I had to check it out to see if it was the real Mc Coy. Sure enough they have the car and it was amazing that the salesmen had an answer for all of my questions about the Shelby. They knew more about this car than the Ford dealer that I purchased from. What's wrong with this picture. The GT500 is one thing, but the information train on the Shelby GT is even worse. How do you build a customer base? Just my veiw of the typical Ford dealer.

I do have the Chrysler dealers info if anyone is interrested in the conv. I know they are asking 15k over MSRP and the car is tripple black with 10 miles on it.

Ken

Ken

You just haven't found the right Ford Dealer...

Archived