TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Amy - waiting on final answers to these two tech questions?

ManyMustangs

Amy, sorry to be a bother, but there were two outstanding questions we had with you that you had mentioned you were going to look into and get back to us, but I don't think we've heard the final word on these from you:

1) What is actual final rated horsepower of the Shelby GT - is it 319 or 325? And is it crank or rear-wheel HP (I'm almost certain that it would be at the crank but wanted to make sure)

2) What is actual curb weight of Shelby GT? I'm assuming it has to be pretty close to the same weight as a regular stock Mustang GT Premium?

Any final word yet on the above? Thanks!

319..its plastered all over, and for that to be at the wheels, it would have to have a really sucky SC, or a SC on a V6. Its rated 319 at the crank.

I believe she posted somewhere that it came out once at 319, then another test it went at 320, so they went w/ 319 as the final number.

319...final answer.

Amy, sorry to be a bother, but there were two outstanding questions we had with you that you had mentioned you were going to look into and get back to us, but I don't think we've heard the final word on these from you:

1) What is actual final rated horsepower of the Shelby GT - is it 319 or 325? And is it crank or rear-wheel HP (I'm almost certain that it would be at the crank but wanted to make sure)

It is between 319 and 325 at the crank. Offically we are saying 319, because that was the formal test bdone by epa

2) What is actual curb weight of Shelby GT? I'm assuming it has to be pretty close to the same weight as a regular stock Mustang GT Premium?

The weight is roughly 3580 lbs. I have the boys double checking

Amy

It is between 319 and 325 at the crank. Offically we are saying 319, because that was the formal test bdone by epa

The weight is roughly 3580 lbs. I have the boys double checking

Amy

Okay, thanks. Let us know the final weight when you find out, 3580 seems high because I thought the stock V8 GT was about 3450 (I could be wrong, though) and I can't think of any resaon why the Shelby GT would be heavier than the stock GT......

Archived