TEAM SHELBY FORUM

hood scoop

I have looked at the production photos pretty closely. It looks like the hood scoop is just taped or glued on the hood. The 2007 Mustang GT has a nicely shaped hood. If you were going to put a hood scoop on the Shelby GT to pay respect to the Cobra, than make it a functional part, not a taped on part. Even with the side scoops, make them functional. I looked at the rear brake scoops on the Ford GT and they are functional. Again, this is going to be a really great looking GT. Please do not put scoops on just for show, make them work.

As previously stated these hoods are bolted on, not taped. There's no reason to make them functional as there is no air cleaner under the scoop's location. To make a functional scoop we'd have to put it at the driver's side front of the hood where the induction takes place but that wouldn't look very attractive.

As recently as 2004 there was a functional scoop for Mustangs called the Shaker that would fit through a hole in the hood. That engine, though, was the 4.6L DOHC and not the current 3-valve motor and the Shaker was mounted atop the intake manifold which has been completely redesigned in the current engine. There are modern kits that would fit the 3-valve engine if you like, and there are markings on the underside of the hood if you'd like to cut it to fit the Shaker.

We do make functional front and rear brake ducts. See our parts store at http://www.shelbyautos.com/mustangparts2.asp for more details.

"We do make functional front and rear brake ducts. See our parts store at http://www.shelbyautos.com/mustangparts2.asp for more details."

That would be great if there was more information than the fact that it fits 2005+ mustangs. Maybe a picture...maybe a description...maybe something?? Personally, I think it is pretty frustrating that the parts store has been online for a while now and there still are pictures missing, even of items already for sale. Also the fact that the only description given is what the part will fit. There is nothing about additional hardware, what comes with the part, or how the part even works. It would be nice to get some more information about some of the things i am looking to buy. B)

"We do make functional front and rear brake ducts. See our parts store at http://www.shelbyautos.com/mustangparts2.asp for more details."

That would be great if there was more information than the fact that it fits 2005+ mustangs. Maybe a picture...maybe a description...maybe something?? Personally, I think it is pretty frustrating that the parts store has been online for a while now and there still are pictures missing, even of items already for sale. Also the fact that the only description given is what the part will fit. There is nothing about additional hardware, what comes with the part, or how the part even works. It would be nice to get some more information about some of the things i am looking to buy. B)

there is a big time lack of information on the parts store. even the coming soon items should have a description of what it is and what it is suppose to do. I think its funny you get a link to the parts store for more details and get no more details. I like to see what the part is, what it does, and have some sort of technical details about it. I have yet to get an answer on how the "Shelby" power pack is an improvement over the Power pack from FRRP which we have already paid for when purchasing the car. Please sell me reasons to get some of these extra performance type stuff.

you would also think that maybe since a few of us have made our frustrations clear that something would be done about it??? I also find it strange that none of the administrators have posted on this forum in the last few days at all, but if you look on other site's forums i have found recent posts from SAI people. It is getting more frustrating by the day. along with some of my own questions, i know there are others waiting to hear from someone at SAI :angry: :angry:

you would also think that maybe since a few of us have made our frustrations clear that something would be done about it??? I also find it strange that none of the administrators have posted on this forum in the last few days at all, but if you look on other site's forums i have found recent posts from SAI people. It is getting more frustrating by the day. along with some of my own questions, i know there are others waiting to hear from someone at SAI :angry: :angry:

They're probably busy making our Shelby GT's right now...................'ya make hay when the sun shines!

Don't worry, they'll get back to us soon enough...........I don't think Amy bought a small island and left the country!!

It's a work in progress. We're finalizing a few things and will continue to update the parts store.

Agree, we are updating and fixing daily, some people are ordering already. we will have this updated and fixed as soon as we can

Thank for the patience

Amy

Archived