TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What will Shelby GT #1 sell for ??

CSX/C5ZZ

Be first on the block to own the new small-block Shelby

The first production unit of the Shelby GT will be auctioned off to support the Carroll Shelby Children’s Foundation charity at the Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Collector Car Event in January 2007. Classic Shelby Mustangs have always been a crowd favorite at Barrett-Jackson auctions, pushing muscle car prices to new heights, and the modern Shelby Mustangs have proven to be no different. B) So my only question is how much do you think number one will sell for ?? Mark

I'd hate to speculate on how much that'll be, but it's great that such a worthy cause will benefit from this. The Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation, for those who aren't familiar with it, was founded by Carroll because of his heart transplant and his contact with children awaiting their own transplants. For more information on the Shelby Children's Foundation visit their website at http://www.cscf.org. They're also doing a raffle of a special edition Shelby GT500 coupe (see http://www.WinaShelby.org). The raffle car will be on hand at the Barrett-Jackson Auction if anyone wants to take a look.

The way I see it, the auction is a win-win situation. The foundation obviously gets a sizeable donation and the new owner gets the very first Shelby GT!

.....I am not going to speculate on price but I saw something interesting in a Barret Jackson show on Speed Channel today. The rights to the first 2007 GT 500 and the lowest number 2005 Ford GT (#003) were both bought by the same person. The GT500 for $600K and the Ford GT for $540K. I am willing to bet he has the winning bid for the first Shelby GT. He seems to have plenty of money; also bid the $4mil on that bus and $3mil on a Bonneville.......Anybody know who bought the GT-H at Osh Kosh???

• 2 weeks later...

Archived