TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT

Andretti

I posted quite awhile ago asking about the "shelby gt's" hood scoop. It seemed at the time that maybe I wasnt clear enough what I was asking, so I wanted to ask again:

Will the hood scoop (the one that looks like it is pop rivited to the original gt hood it comes with) be available thru Shelby, or through Ford? I don't mean the entire hood that shelby put on the GT-h, nor the one on the CS6. If you look at the pics on this site of the shelby gt, it does show a scoop that is somewhat different than has been put on the 2007's that I see at the dealer currently.

I asked a guy I kinda know at a ford dealership and he stated to me that it is a Ford deal, but I want to make sure that is indeed the case.

Any info is appreciated.

Andretti

I posted quite awhile ago asking about the "shelby gt's" hood scoop. It seemed at the time that maybe I wasnt clear enough what I was asking, so I wanted to ask again:

Will the hood scoop (the one that looks like it is pop rivited to the original gt hood it comes with) be available thru Shelby, or through Ford? I don't mean the entire hood that shelby put on the GT-h, nor the one on the CS6. If you look at the pics on this site of the shelby gt, it does show a scoop that is somewhat different than has been put on the 2007's that I see at the dealer currently.

I asked a guy I kinda know at a ford dealership and he stated to me that it is a Ford deal, but I want to make sure that is indeed the case.

Any info is appreciated.

Andretti

Hi Andretti,

The Shelby GT scoop That is on the new Shelby GT is exactly the same as the one we have in the photo's. The scoop is exclusive to the complete car, it will not be sold separately. the Shelby GT is a Ford Shelby deal, The name and car are owned jointly. but the asthethically, we own the design and the individual parts will not be sold.

Amy

Amy,

Big question on that hood scoop.

Is it the stock, mustang GT scoop (ie, comes that way from ford)

OR

Are you installing a different scoop at Shelby. If that is the case, could we OMIT the hood scoop from our build?

I'm guessing it comes form ford with the scoop, but just wondering. Thanks.

The side scoops come from Ford. Shelby puts the hood scoop on. My understanding is that the fiberglass scoop comes from the Cobra roadster.

My wife and I took the muesum tour today and had a nice visit with SAI John.(thanks John) There were a lot of mustangs there ready to be converted. I was hoping my car would be there but it is not listed in the vin area. I took some pics of the Shelby GT that is in the muesum and the holding lot full of mustangs and will try to post them later. My wife and I went out to Hoover dam afterwords and saw a GTH in the hoover dam parking lot :D

Amy, would you consider the possibility of making an aluminum hood scoop(since the factory hood is aluminum) for the Shelby GT? I think there would be considerable interest. Even if its too late to get them on the cars now It would make a nice add on replacement for later.

The other thing I would really like to see is some kind of driving lights available for the car. I like the looks of the grill that will be standard on the Shelby GT but maybe a similar grill with lights would look good under the bumper. I did take the tour and really enjoyed seeing a bunch of Mustangs being transformed into Shelby GT cars.

Thanks again,

Ross aka reb

Hi Andretti,

The Shelby GT scoop That is on the new Shelby GT is exactly the same as the one we have in the photo's. The scoop is exclusive to the complete car, it will not be sold separately. the Shelby GT is a Ford Shelby deal, The name and car are owned jointly. but the asthethically, we own the design and the individual parts will not be sold.

Amy

Well, I gotta admit I'm disappointed with that as an answer, but I do appreciate you explaining it for me Amy. I just dont see selling my GT so I can turn around and buy a "shelby gt" so I can have that particular hood scoop.

Thanks very much.

Andretti

Amy,

OR

Are you installing a different scoop at Shelby. If that is the case, could we OMIT the hood scoop from our build?

You're kidding me right? :huh: What do you THINK???

Well, I gotta admit I'm disappointed with that as an answer, but I do appreciate you explaining it for me Amy. I just dont see selling my GT so I can turn around and buy a "shelby gt" so I can have that particular hood scoop.

Thanks very much.

Andretti

I hate to discredit an otherwise beautiful car, but I am also disappoinited with the taped-on (by the looks of it, anyway) hood scoop. I would have greatly preferred the "pedestrian" version offered on the regular GT as it is a higher-quality looking part. Of course, being an actual Shelby automobile and not some Joe-Blow fiberglass body-kit, an actual cold air scoop would have been even better. I would have also been happy with the GT being offered just like the GT-H (extractor hood, rear wing, etc.), but that's just me.

In any event, I emailed Ford with my disappointment over this feature last summer when the pics first came out as I was hoping that it was just a pre-production part. I'm not sure that this will stop me from making a purchase (my local Ford dealer is somehow still completely in the dark...), but now I'm leaning toward seeing whether a convertible will be offered for 2008 and whether or not this scoop can be deleted then.

The side scoops come from Ford. Shelby puts the hood scoop on. My understanding is that the fiberglass scoop comes from the Cobra roadster.

My wife and I took the muesum tour today and had a nice visit with SAI John.(thanks John) There were a lot of mustangs there ready to be converted. I was hoping my car would be there but it is not listed in the vin area. I took some pics of the Shelby GT that is in the muesum and the holding lot full of mustangs and will try to post them later. My wife and I went out to Hoover dam afterwords and saw a GTH in the hoover dam parking lot :D

Amy, would you consider the possibility of making an aluminum hood scoop(since the factory hood is aluminum) for the Shelby GT? I think there would be considerable interest. Even if its too late to get them on the cars now It would make a nice add on replacement for later.

The other thing I would really like to see is some kind of driving lights available for the car. I like the looks of the grill that will be standard on the Shelby GT but maybe a similar grill with lights would look good under the bumper. I did take the tour and really enjoyed seeing a bunch of Mustangs being transformed into Shelby GT cars.

Thanks again,

Ross aka reb

Hi Ross, we can look into an aluminum scoop, I will chat with the team.

On the lights, take a look at the GT-H convertible, it has your fascia with lights, we offer that option

Amy

Amy,

OR

The scoop is a homage to Cobra, it is as stated modeled after the cobra 289 scoop, just widened. It is not an option to have it removed, sorry.

Amy

Archived