TEAM SHELBY FORUM

With all due respect, maybe we should wait for this instead?

ManyMustangs

Check this out

http://www.motortrend.com/features/auto_ne...7_ford_mustangs

Given how much hassle and worry I'm going thru as to whether or not I'm ever gonna end up with a Shelby GT (dealer says still no word), maybe I should simoply set my sites on this 425 HP beauty. Or the new stock 2008 Mustang which will have 75 HP and almost half a liter over the S GT......

......."The idea is to replicate the original Boss Mustang's race-special feel. Only 1000 cars will be built."

1000, good Luck getting the BOSS. Even if you could get one, the price will be astronomical especially after ADMs. Plus, here's the most important thing to me, it is not a Shelby.

......."The idea is to replicate the original Boss Mustang's race-special feel. Only 1000 cars will be built."

1000, good Luck getting the BOSS. Even if you could get one, the price will be astronomical especially after ADMs. Plus, here's the most important thing to me, it is not a Shelby.

Werd

Check this out

Given how much hassle and worry I'm going thru as to whether or not I'm ever gonna end up with a Shelby GT (dealer says still no word), maybe I should simoply set my sites on this 425 HP beauty. Or the new stock 2008 Mustang which will have 75 HP and almost half a liter over the S GT......

Interesting. I've decided to wait until some Shelby GTs hit the ground so I can actually see one in person, especially with the black rims. I originally wanted to pay less than MSRP (what was I thinking?) but now dealers are quoting mid $40s for one. So if Ford puts a 302 in the 2008 Mustang GT this fall, maybe torque junkies like myself should buy the '08 Stang. True, it won't be a Shelby...but with serious torque on tap, it should be fun. :D

Check this out

The new 5.0 is going in the stock GT in 2008 for the 2009 model year when there will be a slightly different body style. B)

I'll bet you a buck that they build more than 1,000 cars. Oh, don't worry.....the dealers will find a way to mark these up too! :P

Absolutely. That new BOSS will be a hot item...i bet the people who get one will pay as much as people are paying for a GT500. It will be interesting to see if they stick to 1000 cars. I know they didn't plan on building as many GT500's as they have now. I am also hoping that for our sake they stick to the limited production of 6000 for our SGT's B)

.....if the 5.0L is going to be the stock GT engine in 2008; then a 2008 Shelby GT if built would have the 5.0L, correct?

That would be correct but everything that i have read is that the 5.0 will be put in the mustang in the year 2008...not for the 2008 model year. I think that only the BOSS mustang will get the 5.0 next year. B)

Archived