TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A few Q's and thoughts

jwgette

I have, like many before me, been watching the forum for a few days and browsing the Q's and answers given about the CS 6 conversion... before making my first post.

Guess i could introduce my self, My name is Joel and i am new to the Ford community and the Shelby product ( i have always admired and respected his work) they have always been associated with Ford. By sayin that i mean i have been a die hard Chevy fan for many years and still do own a 94 Z28. Up untill the day before christmas eve, were by chance my rental car was a 2007 Grabber orange V6 deluxe. After driving it some 400 miles home, i found myself reluctant to give it back. i liked the feel and the over performance of the V6. On the dec 30th 2006, i drove of the lot with a brand new 2007 Mustang V6 5 speed (they did not have the grabber orange in stock) Yes the shock and awe of family and freinds about me driving and BUYING a Ford, was far beyond anything i could have imagined... But anyway on to why i am here.............

Most of my Q's were anwsered else where. BUT i am very concerned that due to some comments already on the topic, that the only way to get the badges (IE: rear key cover, steering wheel badge etc...) is to purchase the kit all at once out right. Well, that is a huge bummer for the many i am sure like me who can not do a total package purchase in one lot. What exactly is included in the total package deal? is there a line by line list of what is included in it?

The only way to get the plaque and be registered is to purchase the entire package(all at once or over time) which is totally understood and use the same stripping as examplified in the Photo's. Does this trully mean, SILVER is the ONLY color you can use?

The "rules and regulations" about being registered is rumored all over the site yet it eludes me as to where they are located. i have also looked all over the Hillbank site as well... Does anyone know were these are?

Otherwise, i would like to thank all those at Shelby for offering such an incredable deal in the CS6!

Thank you!

Well let me see if I can offer anything in regards to your questions. I am in the process of building one of these but I am doing it on a GT so it will be called a CS8.

In regards to "rumored" registration. Unless something has changed or will be changing, none of these cars, not even the full kit ($14,999) ones will be officially registered in the official Shelby Registry. The only cars that go in there are the ones built by Shelby at their facility. Also if I understood it from all the posts here, even the ones that people have Shelby build won't go into the official registry.

Jason Cerona from Hillbank has stated here on the forums and over the phone (to me at least) that he will be creating and maintaining an "Enthusiast" registry for all the CS6's and CS8's built. In order to be in that registry you will either need to supply all reciepts to all your Shelby componets to Jason.

The rules have not been posted anywhere yet but will be on Hillbanks site. This where it can be confusing as it comes from two sources. According to jason the car can be built as one of 3 Stages.

Stage 1: Appearance Package: For V6's this would entile the hood, front facsia, upper grill insert, side scoops, rear facsia (it's just a Mustang GT facsia, selling mine :P), and the American Racing Razor wheels (Must be the Shelby series though, the regulars looks the same but don't have Shelby stamped in them).

Stage 2: Everything that is in the Stage 1 package plus the brake and suspension components I don't have the breakdown of parts)

Stage 3: Everything thats in the Stage 1 and 2 package plus the Paxton Supercharger (and any additonal engine components). Stage 3 is the pachage you see for $14,999.

Now the answer to one of your questions, According to Jason since he is the one creating and maintaining the enthusiasts registry, your car can be built in stages, meaning you can create a Stage 1 first, save money then get the supercharger or stage 2 stuff, and so forth.

Now according to Amy B. the car comes in *two* versions, not three, the appearance version and the full blown version. My assumption is the Stages 1 through 3 are what Jason is creating in the rules since these will not be "official" Shelby's. Remember, Amy B. and Shelby don't have anything to do with Jason's registry other then "recognizing it'.

Now the plaque. I have gotten confused at this myself. From what I have read here it sounds like "a" plaque will be offered through Jason at Hillbank for the full kits, not an "official" Shelby plaque like you see in the GT-H hertz cars.

On your question regarding badging. Unless something has changed there is no re-badging in this kit, at least in what is sold. You could always obtain the different badges from multiple sources.

Amy and Jason, chime in please and correct me where I may be wrong.

Hope this helps.

P.S.

Amy/Jason? has American Racing made the bright silver Razors for you guys yet? I am 2 months now waiting on them. My car is getting fitted with the body parts as we speak.

Thanks.

Most of my Q's were answered else where. BUT i am very concerned that due to some comments already on the topic, that the only way to get the badges (IE: rear key cover, steering wheel badge etc...) is to purchase the kit all at once out right. Well, that is a huge bummer for the many i am sure like me who can not do a total package purchase in one lot. What exactly is included in the total package deal? is there a line by line list of what is included in it?

I have been tracking the CS6 literally from day One so I have some answers (though not official ones which must come from Amy). So here is my take as I understand it.

This is the complete package - http://www.shelbyautos.com/ShowDetail.asp?id=25

It does not have to purchased all at once but the parts must be purchased from an authorized Shelby parts dealer (such as Hillbank) or from Shelby itself. There is no steering wheel badge (as of yet). There may (or maybe not) be a dashboard plaque stating that it is an "Ethusiasts built vehicle" with a Hillbank registry number.

The only way to get the plaque and be registered is to purchase the entire package(all at once or over time) which is totally understood and use the same stripping as examplified in the Photo's. Does this trully mean, SILVER is the ONLY color you can use?

Silver is the only authorized stripe color unless your car is silver in which case a grey is used. One builder has a yellow car and has been told about using a Ghost stripe color but I'm not sure if that means grey or something else. Silver has become the "Shelby" stripe standard (it's the only stripe color on the Shelby GT) except for the Hertz cars which tradionally had Gold stripes.

The "rules and regulations" about being registered is rumored all over the site yet it eludes me as to where they are located. i have also looked all over the Hillbank site as well... Does anyone know were these are?

Rules have not been posted yet. Location is: http://www.hillbankmotorsports.com/cs6registry.html

Posting a picture(s) of your new ride is manditory (not really but...)

Archived