TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby extras

speedyburd33

If someone were to want any shelby extras such as the lower grille insert or brake duct/driving lamp kit, does that automatically make it a vegas pick up or could the car still be shipped back to the dealer where it was bought without any extra effort from the customer?? B)

Not positive on that.....I know the whole impetus of the LV pickup was because the engine (with Supercharger) was not emissions certified as FoMoCo factory stuff, so they had to skirt around it by installing this as 'aftermarket'....maybe some simpler, non-emissions changing options will get put on the car & shipped back to the dealer.

This is a good one for Amy...

Not positive on that.....I know the whole impetus of the LV pickup was because the engine (with Supercharger) was not emissions certified as FoMoCo factory stuff, so they had to skirt around it by installing this as 'aftermarket'....maybe some simpler, non-emissions changing options will get put on the car & shipped back to the dealer.

This is a good one for Amy...

That's kind of what i was thinking...maybe if it was just simple changes it would work out. I hope Amy can give us some input here. B)

I recently heard that Shelby is working on a way to ship ALL cars back to the dealership with any mods you have done, but are looking into a way to ship original hoods back if you have the hood mod done.

My understanding is that even getting a supercharger may not preclude you from having it shipped to the dealer.

That would be great GreenGiant! I hope this actually happens somehow, although a waiver of some sort would most definitely have to be signed by the customer that would void warranty or not meet EPA specifications and the sort.

If this can't be done, Im wondering if Amy could tell us if the receiving Ford dealer would be capable of installing the Paxton supercharger exactly the same way the folks at Shelby would install it. Meaning, they would be given proper instructions from Shelby/Paxton to duplicate the process as it would've been performed at SAI.

Is this possible Amy? Thanks!

I believe the supercharger is just a paxton unit, nothing special for Shelby, however they would install it, tune it, and keep record of the mod being done by Shelby.

I also wonder if Paxton will pick up the warranty like many other compaines do if the supercharger is installed by a "authorized" dealer, which Shelby of course is.

Hopefully more details come out soon.

I'm pretty sure I'll get the hood mod from day 1. That way paint, stripes, etc will fade etc at the same rate.

That is the biggest change I wish they had made. Either use a non-fake hood scoop hood, or use the GT-H hood from the get go. But, that isn't a ford hood. So, would have rather had a no fake hood scoop option.

Also wish it had a little ducktail spoiler. Not the big one from CDC, but I've seen another smaller one. I can live without it though.

The hood (the one with the hood scoop) has a cut-out section, I believe. The only thing is...you don't really need it, unless it's for cooling the ambient air within the engine bay. You are opening up the engine area to more rain & road debris.

Guys, we are trying to square this away now. right now if it's a performance Mod, I can not send it back to the dealer, that is wheels, tires, brakes, SC. Anything else I can do and send back, thats today.

Amy

Guys, we are trying to square this away now. right now if it's a performance Mod, I can not send it back to the dealer, that is wheels, tires, brakes, SC. Anything else I can do and send back, thats today.

Amy

AMY:

:D

I'm glad you are working on it becuase it is a BIG issue with East Coast customers like me, since I live in Rhode Island and the shipping is a big deal. I checked last night online and shipping ranged from $1,000- $2100 for Vegas to my home. When my car is ready with the mods. I plan to fly in, get my tour , take pictures of car etc. but will not be driving the car back.

My point is ..... aren't we already paying for shipping back to the dealer in "Destination and Delivery" on the factory sticker?

Also about the original hood, can we get the hood scoop in the trunk of the car? We could always find an original hood at any time if we wanted to return the car back to Shelby GT stock trim. The hood scoop would fit in the trunk, but shipping a whole hood seems not cost effective since the hood itself should be an easily obtainable item locally.

Thank you.

-Tim-

Ok. at least that clears it up for now.

Sounds like body mods - you can ship back like a hood, or spoiler. I assume that means taillights etc.

But for those of us out east, the performance mods could get pricey etc. Or, might be better to install the supercharger locally?

Thanks.

I was thrilled to see that my car finally arrived at Shelby today. I called to discuss mods and museum pickup and was told that ALL mods, performance or non-performance (ie CS6 hood or rear spoiler) would not be able to be completed until after the mod-shop is opened in March. Can someone from Shelby confirm this?

Mark

AMY:

I'm glad you are working on it becuase it is a BIG issue with East Coast customers like me, since I live in Rhode Island and the shipping is a big deal. I checked last night online and shipping ranged from $1,000- $2100 for Vegas to my home. When my car is ready with the mods. I plan to fly in, get my tour , take pictures of car etc. but will not be driving the car back.

My point is ..... aren't we already paying for shipping back to the dealer in "Destination and Delivery" on the factory sticker?

Also about the original hood, can we get the hood scoop in the trunk of the car? We could always find an original hood at any time if we wanted to return the car back to Shelby GT stock trim. The hood scoop would fit in the trunk, but shipping a whole hood seems not cost effective since the hood itself should be an easily obtainable item locally.

Thank you.

-Tim-

Hi Tim, On shipping, I pay a flat rate based on 6000 cars, if 200 cars don't get shipped my rate doesn't change. So regardles if you pick up or not, I still have to pay shipping. The alternative is to pay by car and the shipping rate would triple with gas, milage and insurances.

On the hood, that is a good question. I will check

Amy

Ok. at least that clears it up for now.

Sounds like body mods - you can ship back like a hood, or spoiler. I assume that means taillights etc.

But for those of us out east, the performance mods could get pricey etc. Or, might be better to install the supercharger locally?

Thanks.

You can buy the sc from us with the shelby tag and we can put it in the trunk

I was thrilled to see that my car finally arrived at Shelby today. I called to discuss mods and museum pickup and was told that ALL mods, performance or non-performance (ie CS6 hood or rear spoiler) would not be able to be completed until after the mod-shop is opened in March. Can someone from Shelby confirm this?

Mark

MArk, please pm me you info, I will have someone who knows call you, please tell me who you spoke with, so I can stop this rumor

Amy

Hi Tim, On shipping, I pay a flat rate based on 6000 cars, if 200 cars don't get shipped my rate doesn't change. So regardles if you pick up or not, I still have to pay shipping. The alternative is to pay by car and the shipping rate would triple with gas, milage and insurances.

Amy:

I'm sorry if I'm dense ....( my wife tells me so) but, what I'm asking is that if the "destination and delivery" is part of my FORD sticker price then can't my car ride back on the transport when the mods are done?

Then again, if Shelby is already paying a "flat rate based on 6000 cars" then can we assume that the $7390.00 in the Shelby price tag addendum includes shipping back to the dealer even after the additional mods are done?

Sorry to be so dense.....I'm just not getting this.

:unsure:

.....I have thought of it this way the D&D in your Ford pricing is for shipping to SAI in Vegas. The $7390 includes SAI's flat rate shipping cost to the dealer......If you are picking up in Vegas the cost is then used to cover SAI's cost of prep and tour.....that is just how I have come to think of it.

• 2 weeks later...

AMY:

Thank you.

-Tim-

The cost on the widow sticker is for shipping from point A (the factory) to point B (the receiving dealer) it is the same for all dealers in the 48 continenal states. The selling dealer in this case is Point C. Apparently the cost from B to C is in the Shelby addendum. Just looking at the quotes you received you wouldn't expect the car to be shipped from Detroit to Las Vegas to Rhode Island for the $745 on the widow sticker would you?

The cost on the widow sticker is for shipping from point A (the factory) to point B (the receiving dealer) it is the same for all dealers in the 48 continenal states. The selling dealer in this case is Point C. Apparently the cost from B to C is in the Shelby addendum. Just looking at the quotes you received you wouldn't expect the car to be shipped from Detroit to Las Vegas to Rhode Island for the $745 on the widow sticker would you?

Sure. Is that an offer? :rolleyes:

Archived