TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Actual weight of Shelby GT vs. GT500

ManyMustangs

Can somebody give a firm figure on the weight difference between the 2007 GT500 and the 2007 Shelby GT? In most of the posts I read on this forum and mustangsunleashed.com forums, everybody keeps referring to the Shelby GT as "300-400 pounds lighter than the GT500."

But, according to most other sources I've read (including an less-than-flattering article on the GT500 in the Automotive section of last Wednesday's L.A. Times), the GT500 is a good 500-525 pounds heavier than the standard Mustang GT, not just 300/400 pounds.

Since I can't see any reason that the Shelby GT would weight appreciably more than a standard GT, isn't it safe to say that the Shelby GT is a good 500 pounds lighter than the GT500?

Personally I can't see why any Mustang, even the bare-bones 4.6 GT, has to be so heavy - pony cars should be closer to the 3100 pound range than the 3500 pound range. But that's another thread....

I agree, according to the spec sheets the wieght difference between the standard GT and the GT500 is 564 pounds. Expect the Shelby GT to be a little heavier with 18" wheels, front fascia, scoops, suspension components and cross brace. One estimate I found was 3450 pounds.

Anybody from SAI care to coment?

I agree, according to the spec sheets the wieght difference between the standard GT and the GT500 is 564 pounds. Expect the Shelby GT to be a little heavier with 18" wheels, front fascia, scoops, suspension components and cross brace. One estimate I found was 3450 pounds.

Anybody from SAI care to coment?

we agree with the wheels, but the fascia and the suspension is really a wash, as we remove and replace these

A

Amy,

Can you tell us the weight? Wasn't it required for testing.

yes, but I am not in vegas, so I dont have access, I will get it this week though

A

Archived