TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Supercharger

speedyburd33

Amy, just wondering if Shelby is going to offer a different SC than the Paxton for the V6 that's on the parts page?? Right now i'm thinking either pro charger or vortech if there isn't going to be a Shelby SC offered??? B)

Amy:

Since the subject was brought up; Paxton has a intercooler for their Mustang GT S/C kit.

Will that also be offered for the Shelby GT?

Must...have...aftercooler...

Well crud, another thing to add to the "must have list!"

LOL yes more "must have "items.

I have also been reading a lot about methanol injection. It lowers air temp by 60 degrees and is pretty cheap fro another 75 hp. It may be a nice alternative to intercooler if it isn't part of the package. We'll have to see.

Also the stock Shelby GT HP is listed at 319 or 320. Is that Rear wheel horsepower? I believe the advertised Mustang GT Hp of 300 is crankshaft hp, right? So the "extra" Shelby GT hp should be closer to 45hp. Sometimes, I think to much.... <_<

Amy, just wondering if Shelby is going to offer a different SC than the Paxton for the V6 that's on the parts page?? Right now i'm thinking either pro charger or vortech if there isn't going to be a Shelby SC offered??? B)

Shelby has a long history with Paxton so I doubt there will another one offered. The supercharger should be the same one for the CS8. Why would you want to switch to a different one? I have read threads about problems with installation and assistance from Procharger. The Paxton (which is owned by Vortech) is a higher output version (something about the design of the volute) of the Vortech.

Well, i will probably stick to the paxton. do you know how many pounds of boost the paxton puts out at max? or what the HP increase is??B)

Shelby option should be about 470 HP. It is capable of more, but this is a "safe" setting for the engine. That would be about the limit for any S/C unless you want to drop in forged internals......the stock internals get all melty an' junk (to paraphrase "Leave it to Beaver") if you force 'em to swallow too much air without them. Hope this helps!

lots of help thanks crispy B)

Thanks Guys, paxton SC is 475 conservatively and safely. It can be made more, but we think at 475 ist is very cool. We will use paxton right now and it is exclusive to us. we might also offer the new FFRP, but I dont have info yet.

Amy

is that 475 at the rear wheels or crankshaft?? B)

My guess is that it's @ the crank. 475 @ Crank is plenty for that engine, IMO, but I am not the guy who determines these things- by any means- just an old shade-tree mechanic who loves this site... ;)

FWIW, this car @475 should be every bit as fast as the GT500- but weigh less- and most likely carve a corner alot better too! JMO, of course...

Sounds like that's the way I am going to try and go is get the Shelby GT with 475 HP, since Amy said it is lighter and will handle alot better also. I will let everyone know next week if my Old Man is letting me do this, he still hasn'r agreed to let me get one. Keeps changing his dang mind on me. My connection at the Dealership is on vacation till next week, the guy better hurry and get back!!! LOL :D

My guess is that it's @ the crank. 475 @ Crank is plenty for that engine, IMO, but I am not the guy who determines these things- by any means- just an old shade-tree mechanic who loves this site... ;)

FWIW, this car @475 should be every bit as fast as the GT500- but weigh less- and most likely carve a corner alot better too! JMO, of course...

Havcing installed and dialed in a centrifugal blower on my 1993 Cobra, I know that putting a blower on any motor is usually not a matter of simply bolting it on. I'm wondering what else Shelby includes as part of the "Power pack" installation? It seems to me at minimum is a higher-volume fuel pump, bigger injectors, retarded ignition timing (on my 93 I could simply turn the distributor but we can't do that no more in this processor-controlled era), and some kind of vacuum/boost related control on the fuel pressure regulator so taht pressure is incresaed as boost comes in. And, maybe for extar safety, better head gasket. Certainly a boost guage and fuel pressure guage in the cockpit?

I asked Amy earlier about the power pack. She said it is a cat back system. Perhaps there is more? The gauges, fuel and boost, are included in the available instrument cluster ($549).

PS.

Does anybody have apicture of the paxton on the 4.6L? Maybe from a CS8 install or personal install. I am curious what the engine compartment looks like.

;)

I asked Amy earlier about the power pack. She said it is a cat back system. Perhaps there is more? The gauges, fuel and boost, are included in the available instrument cluster ($549).

PS.

Does anybody have apicture of the paxton on the 4.6L? Maybe from a CS8 install or personal install. I am curious what the engine compartment looks like.

http://www.paxtonauto.com/systems_1001850.html

check out Paxton's site. lots of info and pics....

The Hp numbers match up with what Amy B has said. I'm just not sure if that includes the intercooler or not. Maybe more is possible with intercooler?

;)

http://www.paxtonauto.com/systems_1001850.html

check out Paxton's site. lots of info and pics....

The Hp numbers match up with what Amy B has said. I'm just not sure if that includes the intercooler or not. Maybe more is possible with intercooler?

It is intercooled. It comes with a Diablo Predator pre-loaded with a tune. I believe it also comes with larger injectors. It is a complete package. For pictures of the mounted supercharger see: http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/S...ATURE/index.htm

This is Jason's Cenora's car at SEMA.

Archived