TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Question for Amy about Shelby GT options

ManyMustangs

Amy, two questions, if I may:

1) For those of us who do order Shelby parts that actually replace the parts on the car as delivered to you by Ford (e.g. wheels, hood, suspension components, etc.), what do you do with the original pieces? Do you give them back to us? Or do you keep them and give us some kind of credit (core charge) against the price of your parts? Just wondering how that works.

2) For those of us who live close to Vegas (I'm in SoCal and get to Vegas pretty regularly) and thus travelling to your facility is not a big deal, do you have some type of showroom or parts counter there where we can actually see the Shelby parts before actually ordering them? I'd much rather see the parts in person (especially appearance items such as wheels and spoiler) than just looking at a picture on your web site, and it would be worth a trip to Vegas to look over the parts before actually placing my order for the ones I'd want to add to my Shelby GT. Is this do-able?

Thanks. I think I speak for every one of us Mustang/Shelby enthusiasts when I say you're a God-send! Happy Holidays!

Hi MM, See my comments below.....................

1) For those of us who do order Shelby parts that actually replace the parts on the car as delivered to you by Ford (e.g. wheels, hood, suspension components, etc.), what do you do with the original pieces? Do you give them back to us? Or do you keep them and give us some kind of credit (core charge) against the price of your parts? Just wondering how that works.

>>> I will return your wheels and your hood is you want, you will have to arrange the handling . But you are welcome to them, they dont fit in the car though. The suspension parts are not returned. This is too much work and they are not part of the package you are changing. There is not credit for these parts either, sorry.

2) For those of us who live close to Vegas (I'm in SoCal and get to Vegas pretty regularly) and thus travelling to your facility is not a big deal, do you have some type of showroom or parts counter there where we can actually see the Shelby parts before actually ordering them? I'd much rather see the parts in person (especially appearance items such as wheels and spoiler) than just looking at a picture on your web site, and it would be worth a trip to Vegas to look over the parts before actually placing my order for the ones I'd want to add to my Shelby GT. Is this do-able?

>>> We have a museum and a shop, we also have completed cars to look at, so come on by.

Thanks. I think I speak for every one of us Mustang/Shelby enthusiasts when I say you're a God-send! Happy Holidays!

happy holidays!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy or SAI,

I just finished looking at a lot Shleby GT and GT-H pictures. I was looking for any Cobra symbols. I didn't see any. Was Cobra symbolism left off on purpose? Can you say why if it was?

Humm, theres lots of cobra symbols in the museum and shoip, but none on the gt and gt-h, these are mustangs, ad we didnt want to confuse them with the cobra mustangs made3 by ford

Amy

that's too bad, it would be cool to have at least one shelby cobra symbol on the car B)

I sort of disagree. I think it is cool that it doesn't. Not having the cobra symbolism sets it apart from the GT500.....The reason I asked was because I am going to try to stay with the theme. I am going to keep mine clean of Cobras. The wheels are going to be challenging with center caps.

I don't mean any disrespect to the GT500 it's a very awesome car and I was at the top of a list until I heard about the Shelby GT. I can only afford one. That being said I would like to see these cars develop two very different identities over time. It is already confusing to describe the Shelby GT to friends and other car people. Just think of talking to your first few dealers and you were trying to order one.

PS.

Speedburd you can always add your own. I was planning on the center console cover also.

Archived