TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Induction hood scoop

8Cylindersoffury

So the first thing that jumped to my mind when I heard about a Shelby GT was the movie "Gone in 60 sec."

The reason being that I adore that car (Elanor) and the way it looks.

Naturally, when I saw that the GT-H got the induction hood scoop, I began drooling over the idea that I might one day own a similar piece of machinery.

I was therefore, quite dismayed when I noticed that the Shelby GT will apperantly only be offered with the faux "California Special" scoop.

To be sure, it catches air, but if it does not direct that air into the air intake or at least keep the engine bay cool, what good is it doing?

As far as I can tell, it is slowing things down while making a rather lame attempt at looking tough.

I have to admit that I am quite perplexed why on earth Shelby of all people would allow such a pathetic piece of useless window dressing to be added to something he signs.

Does ANYONE know if there is any way to replace this hood with an induction hood or at least delete the puny air brake from the nose?

Naturally, when I saw that the GT-H got the induction hood scoop, I began drooling over the idea that I might one day own a similar piece of machinery.

The GT-H hood "scoop" is absolutely identical to the CS6/CS8 hood. It is fiberglass and non-functional. There is no induction or any other outlet to the engine compartment. In fact it would be easier to make the Shelby GT hood scoop functional than that of the CS6/GT-H hood.

Top of GT-H/CS6 Hood

03778.jpg

Bottom of GT-H/CS6 Hood

03780.jpg

Two things:

First, the hood scoop on the Shelby GT although non-functional was no a haphazard addition. It is a reproduction of the hood scoop used on the 289 Cobras. I don't like non-functional hardware either. That is why I am going with the second thing.

Second, yes you can get the CS (GTH/CS6/CS8) hood as an option to the car. You either need to pick up your car at SAI in Vegas or have your car returned to SAI and modified. I am planning on picking up my car in Vegas with the CS hood.

Two things:

First, the hood scoop on the Shelby GT although non-functional was no a haphazard addition. It is a reproduction of the hood scoop used on the 289 Cobras. I don't like non-functional hardware either. That is why I am going with the second thing.

Second, yes you can get the CS (GTH/CS6/CS8) hood as an option to the car. You either need to pick up your car at SAI in Vegas or have your car returned to SAI and modified. I am planning on picking up my car in Vegas with the CS hood.

I was not aware that the "induction hood" was non functional.

As for the thing being haphazard or not.

I really do not see what relevance the 289 Cobra has on a non-cobra badged vehicle.

Aside from the fact that the same guy put his name on each vehicle.

While I am certainly no expert, I cannot recall having seen such a hood scoop on any mustang in stock form.

With the exception of the Mach 1 (Of course that was not just for looks).

I still think that it is silly to put anything non-functional on the car.

Shelby autos have always been the pinnacle of automotive design and performance in my mind.

I would rather not have anything on the car that does not do something. It seems like a waste of money and time.

Regardless, I will still likely end up with one.

And, if Shelby Auto will change the car to suit, I suppose it is a moot point.

The GT-H hood "scoop" is absolutely identical to the CS6/CS8 hood. It is fiberglass and non-functional. There is no induction or any other outlet to the engine compartment. In fact it would be easier to make the Shelby GT hood scoop functional than that of the CS6/GT-H hood.

Top of GT-H/CS6 Hood

03778.jpg

Bottom of GT-H/CS6 Hood

03780.jpg

This fiberglass hood has the same center cut out area that could be used for a CDC Cold Air Shaker System.

Just my thoughts

8Cylinder...about the hood scoops, there are several stock 01'-04' GT's that have non-functional hood scoops.

Brubaker_final_photos_001.jpg

just to let you know B)

Guys, we had to make the hoods non functional to go through ford. On the Shelby Gt, it will be easy to cut them open, using the template. Since the cars are not carberated, it really doesnt matter if function is in that spot.

Later on we will will offer functional hoods as an aftermarket item

Amy

Archived