TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby CAI pricing now available!

swa737

I agree. To me, it's not so important to know the actual HP difference between the stock Mustang GT and the Shelby GT, what's more important to know is how much MORE HP the Shelby GT has over the stock GT.

To do that, we need to know whether the measurement of each one is at the crank or at the rear wheels.

AMY, if you could confirm for us next week if the Shelby GT's 319 (or 325, whatever it is) advertised HP is crank horsepower or rear wheel horsepower, that would be great.

As for the stock Mustang GT's rating of 300 HP, have we confirmed that is at the crank, and not trhe rear wheels? I'm pretty sure manufacturer's advertised HP is always at the crank, but can someone please confirm that? Thanks...

GT is 300hp at Crank, I strongly suspect the Shelby is Crank hp as well.

GT is 300hp at Crank, I strongly suspect the Shelby is Crank hp as well.

Agreed, as I can't see the slightly opened intake and the cat-back system and the (I'm assuming) re-chipped timing and fuel delivery making more than a 19-25 HP increase.

I'm wondering what would be (if any) a fairly easy way to add another 25 HP above that without getting into the internals. Maybe headers, throttle body, something like that? I haven't done much tweaking since my 5.0 days...

Check out the latest edition of MM and FF. If you buy it at the newstand it comes with a DVD showing how to upgrade the hp of your 2005-7 Mustang GT. It starts with CAI and tuning, which adds about 13 hp and then goes on to add a new throttle body, lower pulleys and exhaust. I think the throttle body and lower pulley switch totalled about 10 hp. Then, they finished off with a Vortech supercharger.

Only question I would have would be the effect of the throttle body and lower pulley switch on your Ford/SAI/FRPP warranties.

Check out the latest edition of MM and FF. If you buy it at the newstand it comes with a DVD showing how to upgrade the hp of your 2005-7 Mustang GT. It starts with CAI and tuning, which adds about 13 hp and then goes on to add a new throttle body, lower pulleys and exhaust. I think the throttle body and lower pulley switch totalled about 10 hp. Then, they finished off with a Vortech supercharger.

Only question I would have would be the effect of the throttle body and lower pulley switch on your Ford/SAI/FRPP warranties.

Thanks, I’ll check that issue out. I believe the Shelby GT already comes with CAI (including what looks like some kind of heat shield around the air filter), tuning (i.e. re-chipped) and cat-back system, so that must account for the extra 19 (or 25, I haven’t figured out which yet) HP that the S GT has over the stock GT.

So, from the MM&FF article, it sounds like a new pulley and bigger throttle body can add about 10HP. I’ve also heard that, rather than the replace the throttle body with a bigger one ($$), simply replacing the MAF sensor housing with a bigger one yields equal results.

This tuning stuff is fun – it’s been awhile since I had “the disease” (i.e. can never stop tweaking and tuning for more power/better handling). Better focus on actually getting the car first….

Happy New Year, all. My resolutionn is to actually GET the Shelby GT I current have on order.....at sticker price!

Thanks, I’ll check that issue out. I believe the Shelby GT already comes with CAI (including what looks like some kind of heat shield around the air filter), tuning (i.e. re-chipped) and cat-back system, so that must account for the extra 19 (or 25, I haven’t figured out which yet) HP that the S GT has over the stock GT.

So, from the MM&FF article, it sounds like a new pulley and bigger throttle body can add about 10HP. I’ve also heard that, rather than the replace the throttle body with a bigger one ($$), simply replacing the MAF sensor housing with a bigger one yields equal results.

This tuning stuff is fun – it’s been awhile since I had “the disease” (i.e. can never stop tweaking and tuning for more power/better handling). Better focus on actually getting the car first….

Happy New Year, all. My resolutionn is to actually GET the Shelby GT I current have on order.....at sticker price!

I agree with you "Many"... I just want my Shelby GT at MSRP, too. Only time will tell on that one. ;)

I believe many can be had at MSRP. I got mine and the Dealer who is a friend did not think there was anything special about the car and almost laughed when I asked about getting an MSRP deal. He probably was expecting me to ask for INVOICE price instead!! Now lets see about 0% Financing.....

Somebody help me!!!!

Can someone please talk me into spending an additional 5K dealer markup. The dealer called today and said he had "quoted the wrong price" when he gave me the $35K (MSRP) price a few weeks ago when he took my deposit. :angry: Here's my thinking, tell me if it is the ramblings of a broken-hearted fool.....

New 2007 Mustang GT with some options....$31K (and a hidden emotional cost paid every time you start "a pretty cool" car.....That COULDA' BEEN A SHELBY)

New 2007 KICK*&^ Shelby GT..................$41K

Difference of $10K (5 grand of that can't be counted because that's what it would cost you for just the Ford Racing parts to upgrade to the same level as the Shelby)

Makes about $100 difference in payment if you get the Shelby and take the loan out an extra year.

Here's where it gets a bit "fuzzy" <_<

If in 5 years a Mustang GT is worth what 9 or 10 thousand? maybe less.

A Shelby GT on the "collectors" market will be worth ???20K???? a net difference of 10K

If that's the case, the extra 5K I pay now, doubles in 5 years......am I right??? 100% return. It's an INVESTMENT! ;) Tell me I'm right....or tell me you know where I can get a car at MSRP.

I don't consider the car an investment simply because I am never going to sell it. However, yes depreciation will be lower than the standard GT and maybe in !40! years the car may even return value. Adjusted for inflation, maybe not.

If you really want me to talk you into buying the car..... do it for the passion. Yes you can buy a standard GT for less and make it perform as well or better for less....BUT......six months or a year from know when you are sitting at a red light with your newly completed GT and a Shelby GT pulls up are you going to feel a tinge of regret. Yeah you saved some money on your GT but your passion is in the car next to you.

I really don't want to say pay $5K ADM but if the passion is worth it to you...I would, the passion is worth it to me. As far as finding one at MSRP. I did it by sending and email to every dealer in Southern California (approx 50). Eventually a dealer won my FORD MoCo business for life.

Good Luck

Somebody help me!!!!

Can someone please talk me into spending an additional 5K dealer markup. The dealer called today and said he had "quoted the wrong price" when he gave me the $35K (MSRP) price a few weeks ago when he took my deposit. :angry: Here's my thinking, tell me if it is the ramblings of a broken-hearted fool.....

New 2007 Mustang GT with some options....$31K (and a hidden emotional cost paid every time you start "a pretty cool" car.....That COULDA' BEEN A SHELBY)

New 2007 KICK*&^ Shelby GT..................$41K

Difference of $10K (5 grand of that can't be counted because that's what it would cost you for just the Ford Racing parts to upgrade to the same level as the Shelby)

Makes about $100 difference in payment if you get the Shelby and take the loan out an extra year.

Here's where it gets a bit "fuzzy" <_<

If in 5 years a Mustang GT is worth what 9 or 10 thousand? maybe less.

A Shelby GT on the "collectors" market will be worth ???20K???? a net difference of 10K

If that's the case, the extra 5K I pay now, doubles in 5 years......am I right??? 100% return. It's an INVESTMENT! ;) Tell me I'm right....or tell me you know where I can get a car at MSRP.

If you have a deposit , they cannot add on a Dealer Mark up! if it is due to unforseen additional costs like the Shelby Bill that many were unaware of, fine. tell them you need to see what they are charging you as you need to show it to your attorney!

I don't consider the car an investment simply because I am never going to sell it. However, yes depreciation will be lower than the standard GT and maybe in !40! years the car may even return value. Adjusted for inflation, maybe not.

If you really want me to talk you into buying the car..... do it for the passion. Yes you can buy a standard GT for less and make it perform as well or better for less....BUT......six months or a year from know when you are sitting at a red light with your newly completed GT and a Shelby GT pulls up are you going to feel a tinge of regret. Yeah you saved some money on your GT but your passion is in the car next to you.

I really don't want to say pay $5K ADM but if the passion is worth it to you...I would, the passion is worth it to me. As far as finding one at MSRP. I did it by sending and email to every dealer in Southern California (approx 50). Eventually a dealer won my FORD MoCo business for life.

Good Luck

couldn't have said it better, regret kills.......lol

So true Socaljafo! I've wanted a "real" Shelby my whole life too. And although the Shelby GT is expensive relative to a stock Mustang GT, it will always be a real Shelby. The Shelby GT only appeals to those of us who truly know what the car is and what passion is instilled in the whole building concept of the car. Just like Ford's SVT program, these select vehicles are for true enthusiasts only.

When I explained what the Shelby GT was to my local Ford dealer, his puzzled look spilled forth the following comment: "Why would you pay $10,000 more for a modified Mustang GT when we could do the same for way less than half that amount?" I told him it was because the folks at Shelby actually touched the car and performed the modifications. He just shook his head and probably thought I was a fool. This program by Shelby is so reminiscent of 1965, that it's like stepping back in time, which few of us get to do. It is an emotional attachment that drives our passion to a happier, more innocent time. And SAI has recaptured this quite effectively.

I was too young in 1965 to purchase a Shelby. But this time, I'm ready, armed with abundant passion!

I've never regretted the things I have done (good or bad), but I ALWAYS regret the things I didn't do.........

.....here is my personal funny part though. I wouldn't be buying a car right now if it didn't say Shelby on it. I am not being a snob. The only reason is financial. It is not the best time for me to buy a car, any car, but my wife and I knowing how much I've always wanted a Shelby are going to make it work. That reminds me I need to go say "I love you." :D

Good Luck

Well said socaljafo,

I spent the last week thinking about what you said and Amy's comment about regret.......you are right.

Talked it over with my wife and she agreed, said I had been talking about Shelbys and mustangs in one form or another for 11 years now and I wouldn't be happy unless I did it.....she's right.

Got my dealer to split the $5000 ADM with me and finalized my order today and have a VIN NUMBER!!!!!!!!

My car is at SAI waiting for them to do their magic.

No looking back now, just have to try and sleep between now and the time I show up at SAI and they hand me the keys!!! :D

Thanks.

.....my pleasure, I am sure you will enjoy your Shelby. Post some pictures when you get it. You will have yours long before I do :( . I haven't gotten a VIN yet.

I agree with both you and LR66 about getting a Shelby. I've not been able to afford one until now and when my wife and I drove the GT-H last October it got us more excited about getting a new one. We couldn't afford the ADM for the GT500, nor the gas mileage for that matter :( , but the Shelby GT is the right one for us. We ordered ours in November and know the car is probably one of the first being built. B)

On a side note, we've gone to our dealer and said we want it at MSRP and $0 ADM. He said he didn't know what the ADM would be and since he's running a business, he couldn't tell me what the ADM was. <_< Although our car is at SAI and is probably in one of the pics Rich just posted, we don't know how much, yet. :huh: That is really big sticking point in my deal...

With all that aside, we can't wait to get it and drive the wheels off of it...

Archived