TEAM SHELBY FORUM

General

RichS

I locked down this one so that members can only reply in it, not start their own threads. I only applied this to the general forum. I think they're just going to the first forum listed and creating new topics containing garbage. Since this is the first forum listed, it's a little more locked and we'll see how it goes.

This is here so that we can stem the tide of junk that keeps getting posted here. Members of this forum can reply to this topic rather than creating a new topic. Let's hope this works.

Rich,

How about some up close and personal pictures of some of the 07 Shelby GT's your building, inside and out would really be nice.

GG104

Well, so far so good. It seems that this may be working. Members can feel free to reply to existing topics in this forum, just can't start new ones. All the other forums and topics are the same as they were.

Well, so far so good. It seems that this may be working. Members can feel free to reply to existing topics in this forum, just can't start new ones. All the other forums and topics are the same as they were.

Guess this may be of general interest.

The babe from toyland

How 'Hot Wheels Amy' Boylan saved Carroll Shelby's company

Kathy Jackson | | Automotive News / December 18, 2006 - 1:00 am

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage?ws=uf

• 1 month later...

What can I help you with? Are you having trouble with one of the registry forms?

I was hoping to find out where the information goes and why it's being collected.

Also I do have another question. I had my air cleaner cover autographed by Mr Shelby and would also like to get his autograph on my dash. Some time this month they are going to start selling autographed dash plaque's, but my question is, I think it would be great to get one of these, but are they going to have one's without Las Vegas, NV on them? My Shelby was built by Ford in Michigan. Thought I'd ask. Thanks

The registry information goes into a database we're compiling of all the Shelby GT500 owners and their cars' specifics. We're also collecting info on Shelby GT-H and Shelby GT owners and cars. These records have been kept since the 1960s and provide information for later generations and for collectors of Shelby vehicles. Participation is voluntary.

For the dash plaques, please contact John Walker at johnw@shelbyautos.com and he can provide you with better info than I can on this.

The registry information goes into a database we're compiling of all the Shelby GT500 owners and their cars' specifics. We're also collecting info on Shelby GT-H and Shelby GT owners and cars. These records have been kept since the 1960s and provide information for later generations and for collectors of Shelby vehicles. Participation is voluntary.

For the dash plaques, please contact John Walker at johnw@shelbyautos.com and he can provide you with better info than I can on this.

Thanks for answering my question. I will register mine soon. I will drop John an e-mail.

Brian

Rich. I have heard two prices for installation of a sc on a gt. 1400 and 1200. do you know the real number? thanks

I plan on dragging my shelby gt once a month. Can anyone shed some light on what wheel and tire size can fit under the wheel wells? I have used dirt track tires in the past. They are sticky and only 60 - 80 per tire. I would like a dot tire so i can change it at home and drive the 10 minutes to my local track. I would also like a line lock for roll control. I am not up on modern mustangs, only vintage. the car is a shelby gt with a SC.

One other thing...any racers out there that can reccomend any mods needed when you add a paxton SC? I mean things like radiator, fuel pump, etc... I need some advice. Thanks in advance.

Rich. I have heard two prices for installation of a sc on a gt. 1400 and 1200. do you know the real number? thanks

I plan on dragging my shelby gt once a month. Can anyone shed some light on what wheel and tire size can fit under the wheel wells? I have used dirt track tires in the past. They are sticky and only 60 - 80 per tire. I would like a dot tire so i can change it at home and drive the 10 minutes to my local track. I would also like a line lock for roll control. I am not up on modern mustangs, only vintage. the car is a shelby gt with a SC.

One other thing...any racers out there that can reccomend any mods needed when you add a paxton SC? I mean things like radiator, fuel pump, etc... I need some advice. Thanks in advance.

I have heard that the supercharger heat soaks badly and that an oil cooler is a useful add-on.

• 3 weeks later...

When are the parts that were suppose to be available in Feb. going to be available? It is now March.

I noticed they already put a $30 price increase on the dash plaques and they are not even available yet! Nice!

I need the signed plaque, the leather arm rest cover with Shelby Snake logo, third brake light cover that says Shelby and some other items.

When are these items going to be available???

Also, I noticed they offer side scoops. What about the side window scoops?

This is the one thing Ford really missed on the Shelby GT500. Every Shelby I've ever seen had side scoops and side window scoops!

Is SAI going to offer side window scoops in addition to the side scoops?

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to post a new topic, but I was not allowed!

Wanted to let you all know that I got my GT-H upper and lower grilles today. They look great! For those of you curious about the lower grille, it fits between the two honeycomb black grilles. I thought it might go the length of the bottom area, but it does not. If you've got the California Special nose, no cutting- just drop it on. If you've got a GT nose, you need to cut the center plastic bar out. No big deal.

I want to say THANK YOU to Bud. He has been a great help getting parts ordered, and listening to my 1,000 questions and different ideas.

I am trying something trick with my upper grille- I have cut my old grille up, leaving just the outer shell. The center has been completely removed. I am going to build cradles to hold the fog lights- they will sit behind the new grille. I don't know how this will look in the end, but I'm up for trying it. I'll let you all know once it's done. I didn't want to lose the fog lights, but I certainly did not want to cut up my new grille.

I've got to tell you all, I've not been this excited about anything in a long time- I think this is going to look great once it's all together!

This is here so that we can stem the tide of junk that keeps getting posted here. Members of this forum can reply to this topic rather than creating a new topic. Let's hope this works.

Anyone out there have any pics of the white SGT with the Gunmetal Gray Razors on?

Anyone out there have any pics of the white SGT with the Gunmetal Gray Razors on?

Who is SAI Amy........Is it Amy Boylan? If so, hello amy.......You have now got me on 2 terrible addiction's, 1st is my hotwheels collection which stands at over 10,000 hotwheels, hence my username......hehehe

2nd is my love for wanting a new era shelby mustang. One of these day's i will be able to purchase one at msrp, but until then, i will keep buying my little toy shelby's.

hotwheels

Who is SAI Amy........Is it Amy Boylan? If so, hello amy.......You have now got me on 2 terrible addiction's, 1st is my hotwheels collection which stands at over 10,000 hotwheels, hence my username......hehehe

2nd is my love for wanting a new era shelby mustang. One of these day's i will be able to purchase one at msrp, but until then, i will keep buying my little toy shelby's.

hotwheels

OK I guess by now you have figured out that YES, SIA Amy is the same Amy from the Hotwheels website. She is working her magic for Shelby Automotive. The legend of Amy continues, this time with the hottest of all wheels. B) Mark

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Shelby fans. My first car was a 1964 1/2 Mustang and I have the itch to buy one again. I am trying to find a Shelby GT with the # 319 or 329 in the VIN. or in the Shelby # .Can anyone help? If I contacted Shelby could they tell me where the car is ?

• 5 weeks later...

Hello Shelby fans. My first car was a 1964 1/2 Mustang and I have the itch to buy one again. I am trying to find a Shelby GT with the # 319 or 329 in the VIN. or in the Shelby # .Can anyone help? If I contacted Shelby could they tell me where the car is ?

Broadway Ford in Oakland, CA has two Shelby GT's on their showroom floor right now, you can ask Larry Smith about the VIN #'s; Larry's phone number is (510)832-8800.

Good luck,

WP

Archived