TEAM SHELBY FORUM

VOC's DORA's and VIN#s

speedyburd33

It has been several weeks since i have placed my order for my shelby GT, i have my VOC but the dealer has not yet gotten their confirmation or a VIN number for my car. I am wondering how long has it taken for others to get their confirmations and vin #'s on their shelby GT's???? B)

I received my VIN today! My VOC went in on Dec 11 and my VIN came through this morning. Exactly one week. I have a build date of 1/08/07

Hope this helps!

It has been several weeks since i have placed my order for my shelby GT, i have my VOC but the dealer has not yet gotten their confirmation or a VIN number for my car. I am wondering how long has it taken for others to get their confirmations and vin #'s on their shelby GT's???? B)

Your order confirmation (DORA) should come throught the next buisiness day after the order is placed. however, getting a VIN could take months. VIN's are assigned by detroit in build weeks so VIN's assigned usually about 3-4 weeks before build week. Since most dealers aren't getting more than one or two cars, don't expect to see a VIN quickly. We were told that the allocation system was going to work like on the GT-500 and be a lottery system, so you could get a VIN next week (usually assigned on Thursday night and to dealers Friday morning) or it could be in the last week of production before you get a VIN. I don't know if Ford will do a bigger drawing once the get more of a feel for build times or if it will remain a weekly drawing. On the GT-500 they did the rest of the years drawing to give dealers a rough estimate (what quarter of the year) they'd get their cars so we could control customer expectations. Hopefully the same will happen on this, but I assume there will be cars built before this happens to allow a better estimate of any problems, etc.

We got a VIN for our car last week (Jan 8-15 build week) and the rep called to tell us we'd been drawn in the lottery to get it (which really suprised me to have one this early).

Another thing to prepare yourself for is after the car is built, expect it to take quite a while until you get it. Shipping to Vegas will take time, modification will take time and shipping back to the dealer even more time. I'd guess a week or two from Ford plant to Shelby (due to the number of cars going to the same place) and then modification time (depends on their schedule) and then 2-3 weeks to the dealer depending on location so 4-6 weeks total would be my guess (and only a educated guess)

the information helps..thank you. but this is making me very nervous. my order was placed nov. 24 and it has been over 3 weeks now and i haven't gotten a confirmation back from the dealer. also makes me nervous hearing that some people are getting confirmations one week later. I have called the dealer several times now and i feel like i am bothering the owner. he has treated myself and my family very well in the past and i don't want to come across as being completely impatient. If anyone has any more info, i'd be glad to hear it...thanks. B)

the information helps..thank you. but this is making me very nervous. my order was placed nov. 24 and it has been over 3 weeks now and i haven't gotten a confirmation back from the dealer. also makes me nervous hearing that some people are getting confirmations one week later. I have called the dealer several times now and i feel like i am bothering the owner. he has treated myself and my family very well in the past and i don't want to come across as being completely impatient. If anyone has any more info, i'd be glad to hear it...thanks. B)

I wouldn't worry too much about bothering the owner.....You are giving them $36,000 of your money. It shouldn't be that difficult to get a copy of the DORA. It took my salesperson about 20 minutes to get the DORA and fax it to me. I am still waiting on the VIN but xcr440sp's post was very informative and appreciated. With my general luck I am sure I will get #6000......lol, that might actually be cool.

Everybody good luck with your PSDS.

it's not so much me bothering him that i'm worrying about. it's pretty much the fact that i've had the car ordered for over 3 weeks and he's telling me he still doesn't have a dealer order receipt, build date, or anything. something just feels wrong to me and i'm not sure what to do about it?? B)

it's not so much me bothering him that i'm worrying about. it's pretty much the fact that i've had the car ordered for over 3 weeks and he's telling me he still doesn't have a dealer order receipt, build date, or anything. something just feels wrong to me and i'm not sure what to do about it?? B)

Do you know if your car was the first one that the dealership ordered? I am not in the business but if it wasn't that is the only reason I have heard for some people not getting Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgemnt (DORA). If your car was the first I would press. They should have had a DORA a long time ago. If it wasn't the first you might have some valid worry.

The VIN I ordered mine on 11/28 and have't received it yet. However, I know of two posters on other sites who placed there orders on 11/24 and got their VINs today....I'm calling my salesperson tomorrow.

i do know that my car was the first he ordered. i had to tell him everything about it...he didn't know anything about the car when i first contacted him. i'm going to either send another email or call again tomorrow. if i don't get this figured out i won't be able to sleep.

thanks for your help. B)

i do know that my car was the first he ordered. i had to tell him everything about it...he didn't know anything about the car when i first contacted him. i'm going to either send another email or call again tomorrow. if i don't get this figured out i won't be able to sleep.

thanks for your help. B)

Speedburd

I sense your passion for this car and I do hope all is well. My feeling is something is not right. Perhaps bad communication somewhere. Since this is the first car for the dealership then you should have a VIN, unless the lottery system is a reality. I would urge you to work on a backup plan. I know this is a HUGE pain, however, it may be the golden parachute. As you know, time is of the essence. Strike a deal as soon as you can before ALL the dealers have sold their one car and word gets out!

Happy hunting and keep the faith!

Archived