TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New England area

GT500KR

How many people on these forums are from the New England area?

I'm hoping to find places that do things like Shelby and Hillbank Motorsports does, without going through the hassle of cross country shipping of my car

Anyone from Northeast know of any reliable customization shops

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahh, I know your area, and I have not been down that way in around 5 years--which, co-incidentally, is when I slipped over the border to NH-- Windham. Well, I have not got my latest Shelby Rig as of yet..but when I do, we should hook up with some other area folks for an intimidation :blink: --errr--I mean a scenic cruise! Yeah, that's it! B)

I don't expect to have anything until at least summer of 2007, and yes--the wait is what hurts the most! :wacko:

Hi All:

I'm in Rhode Island. I plan to use the Las Vegas pickup for my Shelby, but I may just get the car back and do the S/C once the car is back. :unsure:

-Tim-

I use to do northern RI as lot Smithfield Woonsocket areas are you up that way?

Hi All:

I'm in Rhode Island. I plan to use the Las Vegas pickup for my Shelby, but I may just get the car back and do the S/C once the car is back. :unsure:

-Tim-

I use to do northern RI a lot Smithfield Woonsocket areas are you up that way?

How many people on these forums are from the New England area?

I'm hoping to find places that do things like Shelby and Hillbank Motorsports does, without going through the hassle of cross country shipping of my car

Anyone from Northeast know of any reliable customization shops

Go here:

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...p?showforum=100

This is a New-England specific thread. One guy swears by Performance Dyno in Concord, NH a couple times with fantastic success. Guy's name is Pete and he has a 10 second 69 Mach 1. www.performance-dyno.com

By the way, we were all talking about meeting up at the annual Father's Day Mustang Club Show this June. They hold it in Nashua, NH, right on the MA border at the NH Tech School right near the local airport. Could be some cooool axle-twistin' fun! :o

• 2 weeks later...

Found a guy , only 8 miles away Saw some of his work and he has done a lot of work on Mustangs He is doing, front and rear swich over redoing strips, (this time painted on) I'm still looking for a reputable shop to do some engine upgrades in the area, (within reason)

Worcester county area, Small town called Hopedale opposite border one town over the border from RI. I have been to Reading many times but not in a long while.

Hopedale, wow I'm just down the street in Douglas.

Your kidding .lets hookup soon PM me your email and we'll take it from there

Mine's put in the garage for the winter with it's older brother, but defineately we got to get together. Do you have a Shelby? I know no one in our area that has one.

Mine's put in the garage for the winter with it's older brother, but defineately we got to get together. Do you have a Shelby? I know no one in our area that has one.

Mines in storage for winter also (although with this weatherI have taken it out a fewtimes) it's also getting modified this winter I'm waiting on availability of CS parts I have an 06MustangGT I tried to get a shelby but the dealers are clueless around here and to money hungry they disgust me

Mines in storage for winter also (although with this weatherI have taken it out a fewtimes) it's also getting modified this winter I'm waiting on availability of CS parts I have an 06MustangGT I tried to get a shelby but the dealers are clueless around here and to money hungry they disgust me

I agree, they are making the market adjustments on the Shelby's value. Have you seen the 427 Roushe's at Imperial Ford? They are very nice. I'm sure they have a steep premium as well. If not getting my Shelby I may have opted for one of these. The weather up here has been great up till today. If I hadn't sent my air filter box out for autographing I would still had been driving mine as well. Can't wait till Spring.

I agree, they are making the market adjustments on the Shelby's value. Have you seen the 427 Roushe's at Imperial Ford? They are very nice. I'm sure they have a steep premium as well. If not getting my Shelby I may have opted for one of these. The weather up here has been great up till today. If I hadn't sent my air filter box out for autographing I would still had been driving mine as well. Can't wait till Spring.

I saw it and the guy doing some of my body mods drove it, He said he was not impressed. That surprised me.

They do have some nice mustangs there though........I bought my f150 from them Almost bought the stang from them but their greed drove me to another dealer. I got an 06 for the same price they (imperial) refused to drop on an 05

I saw it and the guy doing some of my body mods drove it, He said he was not impressed. That surprised me.

They do have some nice mustangs there though........I bought my f150 from them Almost bought the stang from them but their greed drove me to another dealer. I got an 06 for the same price they (imperial) refused to drop on an 05

While I was looking at them waiting one day for the parts dept to open they asked me if I cared to take one for a ride. I told them they looked nice, but I was all set. Surprised your friend wasn't impressed. Not enough power, or just don't like them? Dealer ships can be agressive and greedy for sure. I do my purchases at Sunnyside in Holden, very good ownership and nice atmostphere. Although my Shelby came from Franklin. Missed out on the two Sunnyside had. Franklin has descent people there as well, but I prefer Sunnyside.

He said he was surprised the power just wasn't there. We didn't get into it much but I'll take his word for it, he's been working on cars for 40 years. You bought your shelby at franklin? They told me they couldn't get any. Wasn't Buster (in sales) by chance was it?

He said he was surprised the power just wasn't there. We didn't get into it much but I'll take his word for it, he's been working on cars for 40 years. You bought your shelby at franklin? They told me they couldn't get any. Wasn't Buster (in sales) by chance was it?

I too was told from all local dealers that they had none available only to see them post theirs on ebay several months later. I called every dealership in New England and New York. The dealerships that did have one available informed me they were ordering what they wanted and once in were holding private auctions at their dealerships when they arrived. I could leave my name and a $1000 fee for the invitation. They can kiss my you know what. I wanted to order one for ME and in my options that I wanted. Paying a high premium should allow that right. I don't know anyone at Franklin Ford and Buster is probably a knick name. I dealt with the sales manager Peter S, who is no longer there. He probably took my premium I guess and retired early. HA! HA!

I too was told from all local dealers that they had none available only to see them post theirs on ebay several months later. I called every dealership in New England and New York. The dealerships that did have one available informed me they were ordering what they wanted and once in were holding private auctions at their dealerships when they arrived. I could leave my name and a $1000 fee for the invitation. They can kiss my you know what. I wanted to order one for ME and in my options that I wanted. Paying a high premium should allow that right. I don't know anyone at Franklin Ford and Buster is probably a knick name. I dealt with the sales manager Peter S, who is no longer there. He probably took my premium I guess and retired early. HA! HA!

Glad you got one. You missed one dealership in NY! To the best of my knowledge you never called me. If you are talking about the GT500 you would have had to call early. I took my 1st deposit in June of 05! I had 2 more within 60 days. Had one lucky guy come in an leave a deposit this past Aug on the chance that he MIGHT get an o8 if they built it and if hell froze over he might get an 07. One of the guys got tired of waiting an bought a supercharged V8 Saleen & another decided to wait for an 08. Presto Mr Lucky took delivery of his custom order GT500 last Saturday!

As for the greed others have mentioned that cuts both ways. How many try to work a dealer down to invoice on Focus or a F150? They don't care if the dealer makes a profit or not. We live in a supply and demand society. The reason you can buy a Focus for invoice is because the factory cranks them out faster than we can sell them. When they are laying all over the lot you have to give them away to move them. Along comes a car that people actually WANT to buy, and there are more buyers than product, what do you think will happen. There is a reason the old classics bring hundreds of thousands of dollars at auction, they're rare! This for cars that cost 2500 new. Now we know how valuable these GT500's are. If I sold one for the MSRP, with about 4,000 in markup, and the buyer could turn right around and sell it for a 15-25K profit, who's the dummy? I know dealers that are paying 10-15K over to get them from other dealers. By the way the Ford dealer in Billerica had a Torch Red convertible that he would sell for 12K over as recently as a week ago if anyone is interested. Don't know if he still has it. (I have family in Billerica that's how I know) By the way, grew up in Arlington and spent a bunch of years recruiting for the Army in the Framingham area. If you graduated in the early to mid 80's I probably talked to you!!

I dealt with Peter, fior my sons v6, I know he's gone I heard all about it I'll leave that alone lol

Wow!!! That doesn't sound good. Again I don't know anyone from Franklin Ford. They were the store I ordered and took delivery of my Shelby from. Everyone treated me fine and I wouldn't hesiitate to do buisness again some day if I had to. If anyone asked me if they were a good dealership I would give them a thumbs up. I do prefer to stay loyal with one dealer however and that's Sunnyside. The owner there stands behind the product he sells, not just what he sells. I found that out when everyone else slammed the door in my face on a brand new 2000 Exploder, but that's a whole other story. I'll tell you the story someday if you want to hear it, maybe when I give you a ride this spring in my autographed Shelby.

Glad you got one. You missed one dealership in NY! To the best of my knowledge you never called me........

Well I went on Ford's web-site and printed out every listed Ford dealer and I did call everyone. It took me a good portion of a day and a half and I called each dealership. Got several maybe's, but only one call back. That was for a private auction. Only dealer that would let me order their Shelby was Franklin Ford.

I know how buisness works, supply and demand. It all depends how much it's worth to you. I wouldn't pay the premium at first either, so my wife did. She convinced me to look past the premium because it's what I wanted, (although it didn't take much convincing, I gladly accepted her gift once I had her bessing to go forward). Plus we looked at it as an investment for our family. I'm driving my kids inheritance. HA! HA! I don't hold anything against anyone. I ended up with what I wanted and I'm ahead of the game allready according to Kelly's blue book value.

If you were a recruiter for the Army, don't think I talked to you, I was in the Air Force, F-15 49th TFW Holloman 1979-1983.

For anyone who may be interested I have two Shelby GT's available. A black 140A package w/ manual transmission and a white 140A w/ automatic. I have one other that was just assigned a VIN on 1/18, Black, 140A w/ manual trans. (there is still time to change the color/trans/options on this vehicle until it is locked in for production) All are loaded w/ everything EXCEPT Shaker 1000 and Navigation. Both cars are currently on their way to SAI. I'm located in Queensbury NY, about 50 miles north of Albany. The cars are equipped with California Emisssions allowing them to be registered in any state. CA emissions are required on vehicles registered in CA, ME, MA, NY, and VT. These are the states I am aware of. If you live in one of these states and are buying a car from out of state, make sure the car you are buying has the correct emissions. Once the dealer in Texas or whatever has your money and you have taken it home you own it! I don't know about the other states, but in NY a car purchased out of state w/o CA emissions can't be registered unless it has at least 7500 miles on it. Of course if you buy it in Texas and drive it home you'll only need 4500 more miles, unless you take the long way!!

Amy, Thanks for letting me post this info- Jim

Once they leave Shelby I'll probably put them up on E-Bay if they are not already sold.

1ZVHT82H675291335 Due to SAI 1/18 SOLD

1ZVHT82H275295480 Due to SAI 2/02

1ZVHT82H675308473 Submitted to plant for production on 1/18

Archived