TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CS6 /CS8 Plaque

ruben05

I just saw the dash plaque for the GT500 on the site.

http://www.shelbyautos.com/ShowDetail.asp?id=106

PLEASE Guys this is a hot Item that we will want to put proudly on ours CS6 and CS8 mustangs. I don't know if possible, but maybe something like this can be put on sale for us without the GT500 name on it.

Thanks

Pd. As soon I complete my appereance convertion, ( hope to receive everything on january) I hope to get registered on Hillbank Registry .

Would my car still be considered a stage 3 car if I were to use the GT500 rear fascia and put GT500 style side stripes that just say "Shelby" on them? I have a few other ideas, but they're mostly minor appearance changes. Instead of the Shelby letters in the grille I want to put a cobra emblem in there and put an emblem on each side of the car.

Would my car still be considered a stage 3 car if I were to use the GT500 rear fascia and put GT500 style side stripes that just say "Shelby" on them? I have a few other ideas, but they're mostly minor appearance changes. Instead of the Shelby letters in the grille I want to put a cobra emblem in there and put an emblem on each side of the car.

The GT500 rear fascia is not an issue as Jason has it on his car but you have to get it from Hillbank (they have a good price on them). The cobra emblems on the side is not an issue as I am putting 2004 cobra emblems on the side of my car. I don't know about the letters in the grill, but I think the CS6 Shelby side stripe is required. Jason is in the know on this, while Amy has the final say.

You don't have to purchase everything from Hillbank however since Jason from Hillbank will be maintaining the Enthusiast Registry, he will need a copy of the receipts that you actually have official parts. From my conversations with him the GT/CS rear is not part of the CS6/CS8 requirements........yet. He does have a good price on them for a group buy I believe.

I know. I just find it easier to buy everything from them. then again, out of all of the days i've passed by the Shelby building in Vegas, I never stopped to see if you could actually order parts from them.

Guys, there are 2 kits, the appearence and the complete, the complete has performance as well. Buy what you like, make the car your own. You can buy parts from Hilbank, from us and other autorized shelby dealers.

It's all about what you like, it's your car, make it what you want :)

Amy

I figure it'd be easier just to go to the Shelby in Vegas. That'll save me some money on shipping too.

I know my intent is to make mine look like the Blue CS6 pictured in front of the Shelby building (Man, I fell in love with that car when I first layed on eyes on it.) The only deviation I am making is that I have a V8 and the color is Sonic Blue and not Vista Blue. As for the integrity of my project I am only using Ford Motor Racing and Shelby approved parts. No Saleen, No Roush or other half ass crazy crahed UFO parts from outer space. I feel that in my opinion a Shelby project car should adhere to a ''Shelby standard". Again, it's just an opinion.

Example: CS6/CS8 and then under the hood is a Roush supercharger or Saleen suspension?!!?! To me thats not worthy of a registration from Shelby. Im not trying to make enemies on anyone who has or is going to do mods outside the norm. Like Amy said, "Its your car. Do you what you want." I'm just wondering if anyone feels the same way I do about the "proper" Shelby car. -FB

I know my intent is to make mine look like the Blue CS6 pictured in front of the Shelby building (Man, I fell in love with that car when I first layed on eyes on it.) The only deviation I am making is that I have a V8 and the color is Sonic Blue and not Vista Blue. As for the integrity of my project I am only using Ford Motor Racing and Shelby approved parts. No Saleen, No Roush or other half ass crazy crahed UFO parts from outer space. I feel that in my opinion a Shelby project car should adhere to a ''Shelby standard". Again, it's just an opinion.

Example: CS6/CS8 and then under the hood is a Roush supercharger or Saleen suspension?!!?! To me thats not worthy of a registration from Shelby. Im not trying to make enemies on anyone who has or is going to do mods outside the norm. Like Amy said, "Its your car. Do you what you want." I'm just wondering if anyone feels the same way I do about the "proper" Shelby car. -FB

Close although I would not denegrate anyone for building a stage-1 car and putting a Roush supercharger on it. My car will be as close to the original as I can make it as well with the exception that I am adding aftermarket parts. None of the parts I am adding will replace any of the Shelby parts but I am adding parts that are unavailable or very expensive from Ford Racing. Where I can add a Shelby part I will do so (example the upcoming strut tower brace). I have added headers (not available for V6 from Ford) and additional suspension parts from Steeda (who makes many of the Ford parts) and BMR. One of the problems with Ford Racing is that they don't consider the V6 mustang worthy of their attention and thus don't provide any parts that don't happen to also fit the GT.

Close although I would not denegrate anyone for building a stage-1 car and putting a Roush supercharger on it. My car will be as close to the original as I can make it as well with the exception that I am adding aftermarket parts. None of the parts I am adding will replace any of the Shelby parts but I adding parts that are unavailable or very expensive from Ford Racing. Where I can add a Shelby part I will do so (example the upcoming strut tower brace). I have added headers (not available for V6 from Ford) and additional suspension parts from Saleen and BMR. One of the problems with Ford Racing is that they don't consider the V6 mustang worthy of their attention and thus don't provide any parts that don't happen to also fit the GT.

Exactly, Unfortunatly for you guys and gals that have V6's. Parts can be a issue to upgrade to a more beefier engine mod and some under carriage performace changes. -FB

Exactly, Unfortunatly for you guys and gals that have V6's. Parts can be a issue to upgrade to a more beefier engine mod and some under carriage performace changes. -FB

The under carriage parts are not an issue. All the suspension parts for the Shelby are the same V6 or GT and anything that the GT had originally that was better (sway bars for example) are replaced so the suspension is equal after conversion with the nod going to the V6 as it is lighter and has better weight distribution.

A V6 mod I strongly recommend is swapping out the driveshaft as the stock unit is a heavy, total POS and potentially unsafe particularly with the 05 models.

Hmmm, well no disrespect sir, If Shelby's standard was to what your opinion is, they would lose alot of money because people such as me who has one of those "half ass crazy UFO" Roushchargers (::scratching head:: that Roush name seems familiar, isn't he the guy who won 2 of the last 4 Nextel Cup championships) on my car wouldn't be able to buy any Shelby parts and those of you that could would have to pay an arm and a leg for Shelby to have a profitable venture. So no, even though I added a touch of sarcasim I do not agree with you. The CS6/CS8 does not fall under your Shelby Standard. If it did, none of us would be able to build the cars ourselves and they would be placed in the official Shelby Registry.

Please know FB, I am of course playing with you with my above comments (I like verbal sparring every now and again) but please don't downgrade us out there that have "quality" parts from other vendors under our hoods.

GP

Hmmm, well no disrespect sir, If Shelby's standard was to what your opinion is, they would lose alot of money because people such as me who has one of those "half ass crazy UFO" Roushchargers (::scratching head:: that Roush name seems familiar, isn't he the guy who won 2 of the last 4 Nextel Cup championships) on my car wouldn't be able to buy any Shelby parts and those of you that could would have to pay an arm and a leg for Shelby to have a profitable venture. So no, even though I added a touch of sarcasim I do not agree with you. The CS6/CS8 does not fall under your Shelby Standard. If it did, none of us would be able to build the cars ourselves and they would be placed in the official Shelby Registry.

Please know FB, I am of course playing with you with my above comments (I like verbal sparring every now and again) but please don't downgrade us out there that have "quality" parts from other vendors under our hoods.

GP

No worries... I can take it. 11 years in the Marines, I had much worse thrown at me. Oh, by the way. I just called in an air strike on your house! Happy New Year!!!!!!!! -FB

No worries... I can take it. 11 years in the Marines, I had much worse thrown at me. Oh, by the way. I just called in an air strike on your house! Happy New Year!!!!!!!! -FB

Ok, now that is funny!!!! :lol:

happy new year boys!!! regardless of what you build, i want pictures. the experience site is almost done..

Amy

FB, you do understand that the parts for the CS6 conversion are not Shelby manufactured parts, but parts from other manufacturers such as Paxton (Vortech), Bear, etc. that Shelby has pulled together to make what they refer to internally as "the parts car"?

So if you are going for the dash plaque then yes you must stick with the certified parts from a certified sales outlet. If on the other hand you are going for maximum performance you might well consider some of those Roush, Saleen, or UFO parts (keep in mind the 0-60 time on a UFO is about 3.5 nanoseconds :) ).

Regarding the CS8 version, I have never heard of a CS8 from Shelby and the only example I know of is Jason's. However, like Amy said, it's your car, make it what you want it to be. After all that's how Carroll Shelby started out, not to mention Steve Saleen, Jack Roush and a host of others.

I like the concept of a "proper" Shelby car. Exactly what is a "proper" Shelby car? It's a hot rod. It's an AC body with a 289 or a 427 stuffed into it and a bunch of suspension and chassis mods, or it's a Mustang (or other make) with a similar treatment. So you want a "proper" Shelby car? Then build it in the spirit that Carroll Shelby has epitomized his whole career, build it your way, tweak it, modify it tweak it some more and build the best car you can. Then, while it may not have Shelby written across it's grille, it will be a "proper" Shelby car.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth... :D

Edit: Happy New Year to you too Amy.

LOL Happy New Year to all. No ill will to anyone, I only made my post to spar errr "play" with FB since he appears to be the type to have a very interesting, "colorful", and friendly debate with.

When I bought my car I was looking for an 06 GT 5 spd in one of three colors to get under Ford's 0% deal. The only 5sp GT that came up on a dealer locate from central FL down was mine, only catch, it had a Roush SC on it. Hmmm, 0% finance, SC...Poor me! lol. Now for the look I wanted and the thought with each.

1st: CS6. Love at first site and thought about getting a V6 to build it but ended up going GT.

2nd: Roush: Loved it at first but after a while ehh, not in love with the look but I have a Roushcharger. Ehh still would not be an official Roush

3rd: Steeda. The kits IMO are conservative but they do look much better in person but like a Roush kit, my car is not an official Steeda.

4th: Mix of parts to create my own look. Nothing stood out.

5th: Shelby GT500 conversion. Only the nose and the CS6 hood. Would have made it "resemble" a GT500 but not clone one.

Over the last year before I got my 06 I have have always come back to the CS6 kit but I kept trying to go another direction cause well, my car is not a V6! Now that the name CS8 has become as popular as the CS6, sold!

OK, back to what our cars will be, well here is mine and pics will be coming as the parts slowly trickle in :::::eyeing Jason:::::: LOL J/K. Mine will be a stage 1 apperance. Certainly not going to spend the money to change out an SC when the one I have is plenty fine and preserves the 3/36000 warranty. Stage 2 dowjn the road? Maybe. After it is not my daily driver? It becomes my full time hobby!.

As for the a plaque, for me, I am going to do what FB already did, I am going to send in a Dash panel and have it autographed to give "my" stang it's own Shelby heritage.

Happy Holidays and be safe everyone. :)

Archived