TEAM SHELBY FORUM

STRUT TOWER BRACE

GT500KR

Does Shelby sell a STRUT TOWER BRACE or anyone have a good link to one?

For the GT, Shelby uses the FRPP brace, however I believe it was removed from the CS6/CS8 packages due to cost issues (they wanted to keep the package at $15k).

Hillbank carries the Steeda, Roush and UPR brands for the GT.

For the Ford Racing part here is a Google link: http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navc...2005+%2bmustang

For the CS6, it becomes a little more complicated. Most of the strut tower braces go over the plenum. Since the V6 plenum sits higher than the V8, some of the strut tower braces fit poorly and/or rub on the underside of the stock hood and the V8 bars won't fit at all. How the over the plenum bars will fit with the Shelby hood is unknown. Measurements are needed. My current plan is to buy a BMR brace which runs around the front of the plenum. However it will interfere with the plenum cover I bought (so will the over the top bars) so I am going to have to dremel on the plenum cover to create a groove for the brace bar to sit in. The two prototype CS6 cars were never pictured with a strut tower brace and I suspect they still lack one.

Hillbank carries a Steeda brand over the plenum cover bar (the picture of it, unfortunately is that of a V8-GT).

Does Shelby sell a STRUT TOWER BRACE or anyone have a good link to one?

I have a 2007 GT500 and the brace sits over the supercharger and air box tube. The CS6 hood may provide the same clearence that the GT500 hood has. Maybe there's a way to shim the brace at the towers if the CS6 hood has room to work with. Either way its worth checking into.

Ken

I have a 2007 GT500 and the brace sits over the supercharger and air box tube. The CS6 hood may provide the same clearence that the GT500 hood has. Maybe there's a way to shim the brace at the towers if the CS6 hood has room to work with. Either way its worth checking into.

Ken

The V6 Plenum is very high and the bolts don't have a lot of exposed thread for many shims. I don't know of anyone investigating using the GT500 brace. I'll have to start researching this.

The V6 Plenum is very high and the bolts don't have a lot of exposed thread for many shims. I don't know of anyone investigating using the GT500 brace. I'll have to start researching this.

Let me know Paleoc, if you come up with something,please Thanks

Archived